+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Request] Dev response on PvP content.

Default [Request] Dev response on PvP content.

First of all, this is NOT going to be any form of rant/rage/whine and I plan to keep this very short, with hopes that a Dev might read.

I am enjoying Rift a lot, and this is coming completely from a PvP perspective. I enjoy challenges (mainly the reason I left that "other" game) so class imbalances are something I can workaround, esp when you have a dev team actively posting and releasing balance patches.

Personally, I don't mind doing Warfronts alot, because I realize that very soon we will have something new. There is many things we have theorycrafted about what PvP is coming, but we have never got any form of Dev response.

I am just simply asking to leak some small bit of info that can keep people wanting to play. I, personally am here for the long haul, but would like to see these forums move to more constructive posting.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Quote Originally Posted by Braves View Post
    Personally, I don't mind doing Warfronts alot, because I realize that very soon we will have something new.
    Ofc we are receiving something new to do...and thats with one of the next patches.

but its more PVE! LulZ
    Last edited by Atreiu; 03-28-2011 at 07:57 AM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    Ofc we are receiving something new to do...and thats with one of the next patches.

but its more PVE! LulZ

I can understand them trying to please the PvE community before attempting to implement any new PvP mechanics.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post

but its more PVE! LulZ
    Yeah, I see my 'hardcore' PvP guild doing PvE groups all day every day. I shake my head, I still sit in WFs but they complain about them and next thing I know I am in Greenscale? WTF?

This is not what I signed up for, please make an open world objective of some sort. This game is setup for an amazing PvE game but I am equally as determined it could be a stunning PvP game and I think we have the right devs to do it.

I just want to see it implemented before my 'pvp' guild really does become a 'pve' guild.
    Last edited by Onyx-; 03-28-2011 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx- View Post
    Yeah, I see my 'hardcore' PvP guild doing PvE groups all day every day. I shake my head, I still sit in WFs but they complain about them and next thing I know I am in Greenscale? WTF?

This is not what I signed up for, please make an open world objective of some sort. This game is setup for an amazing PvE game but I am equally as determined it could be a stunning PvP game and I think we have the right devs to do it.

I just want to see it implemented before my 'pvp' guild really does become a 'pve' guild.
    Dude, this is exactly what's happening to me!

I think if an official word was put out by Trion, people would be way more active to farm out the PvP gear, esp if they knew a RvR zone was coming.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Plane Touched

WoW started out this way. Promised lots of PvP, gave the players PvE instead. Then months later, released a few crap battlegrounds. I hope Rift doesn't copy WoW to that extent.

Quote Originally Posted by k9quaint View Post
    WoW started out this way. Promised lots of PvP, gave the players PvE instead. Then months later, released a few crap battlegrounds. I hope Rift doesn't copy WoW to that extent.
    Well at least we launched with the battlegrounds so we can expect bigger and better things to come!!! RVR!
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

I think all we're really looking for is an idea of the direction they are going with PVP. Some open communication with the community that Trion is usually so good with. At this point the PVP is just laughable - poorly implemented PVP soul system, crappy battlegrounds and absolutely no encouraged open-world PVP to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I think all we're really looking for is an idea of the direction they are going with PVP. Some open communication with the community that Trion is usually so good with. At this point the PVP is just laughable - poorly implemented PVP soul system, crappy battlegrounds and absolutely no encouraged open-world PVP to speak of.
    That's the intent of this thread, to hopefully be a place they can hint at what may be coming. I think Trion has told there Devs to tread lightly in the PvP forums, but we are long overdue for a statement!!
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Soulwalker

Please just give us even a sliver of new info about pvp/rvr so all your pvp subscribers have something to hope for to keep us playing.
    Wreckage - Guardian - < V >

Friendly bump for the nice idea I'm with ya on the RVR type zone, and anything that encourages open world pvp is great.

Though.. I'm not quite on board with the capping of rewards on any given day. Some days all I want to do all day is hit the WF's and spend buckets of time testing builds and tactics etc lol.

After all, aren't WF's really just practice for the real pvp? Opvp I mean of course
    Follow the epic uphill battle of max prestige and domination of Telara, albeit in a somewhat slow manner ;) In the hazardous PVP realm of Imperium (EU) :P - Or feel free to follow / drop me a line about anything Rift on twitter - @Bullzeye_EU

Rift Disciple

Yes I would really LOVE to see some open world RVR (DAoC / Warhammer ish) content, something like keeps, relics, or just something in the open world that matters, that can be taken over / controlled and fought over by the 2 factions, something that actually matters and effects the whole world (like keeps and relics did in DAoC & Warhammer)

something people will care about, and group up for, and strive to do, not because they have to, but because they want to, and rewards you for doing it.

Last edited by Melatine; 03-28-2011 at 10:52 AM.

It was 4 months before the dev's started to change PvP in WoW. This game has only been out for a month. The Dev's have been releasing hot fixes and patches regularly. Also, this game launched with just as many game and content features as wow, if not more. Look at all things you waited for years to get in WoW that were here in Day 1 on Rift.

As far a class balance goes this is going to take a lot of time, They arent just balancing a warrior against a Mage. They have to Balance a The Reaver, agaisnt the other 20+ souls in the game.

The fastest way to lose interest in a MMO game it is be impatient. Instead of making wishlists and the like, we as a player community should work on providing them with constructive feed back on the content we are playing. Think about it; They are game developer so most likely any suggestion you post here about "future content you want" has all ready been discussed and brought up in their meetings.
    Last edited by DrSmash; 03-28-2011 at 11:05 AM.

You will get nothing from Trion. We were asking for all of beta what end game pvp was going to be and got nothing from them. They are purposefully quiet because they know there is no other pvp game coming out for a little bit, so they don't feel threatened.

The fact is they copied wow's pvp system exactly. Made it a grind, hinted at world pvp, but then never actually did anything about it. The beta thread about "if enough people ask for it" about RVR, was never followed up on, and the team that is running the pvp for Rift doesn't actually pvp.

While I support your efforts to get this done, don't hold your breath. Hartsman and his team are purposefully remaining quiet on any future pvp changes, because it's easier to do that and keep customers than say "we've got nothing planned but pve" because the majority of their player base is pve.

And for your pvp guilds in pve content, that's actually the fastest way to gear up for pvp. Greenscale t3 gear generally > r6 pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullzeye_EU View Post
    Friendly bump for the nice idea I'm with ya on the RVR type zone, and anything that encourages open world pvp is great.

Though.. I'm not quite on board with the capping of rewards on any given day. Some days all I want to do all day is hit the WF's and spend buckets of time testing builds and tactics etc lol.

After all, aren't WF's really just practice for the real pvp? Opvp I mean of course
    Maybe a better idea would be to just cap the amount of prestige you get from warfronts, or make warfronts reward very very little prestige and increase the base amount per kill in said RvR zone.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast