+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Request] Dev response on PvP content.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by wfsaxton View Post
    No, no, no.

It doesn't take time to give us the SAME gear as PvE players.
    It doesn't take time to allow us to DYE our effin' gear.
    It doesn't take time to give us LOWERED warfront queue times via battlegroup rebalancing.

A few simple things to put into place and Trion REFUSES to do so.
    Obvious gank here but, please explain this "battlegroup rebalancing" and how they should achieve this. and the other two, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by DamageManager View Post
    Obvious gank here but, please explain this "battlegroup rebalancing" and how they should achieve this. and the other two, who cares?
    Me.

/10char

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by DamageManager View Post
    i care as well.
    Rogue.
    i think..therefore i am

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #469

Hey all,

I wanted to step in here real quick. With the launch of RIFT and our fast track to releasing 1.1 my focus has been called to other areas of the forums.

However, this does not mean I haven't been reading the forums and looking for current key issues and get an idea of what the topics you're discussing are. We have been reading as have the development team and we are all aware of the feedback you have shared.

Unfortunately we all have various priorities and in the previous development cycle PvP was not an area we were focusing on. With that said we have some plans in the works and once we get an idea of what changes we can make and when we'll be sure to share them with you here. While some of the changes you request may seem easy on paper, they are often complicated decisions that require resources from all departments within the studio.

Many of us here in the office, including myself, engage in PvP regularly and have characters on PvP servers. Who doesn't love the competitive, exhilarating rush you get from a good match, a sneak attack, or a 1 on 1 encounter as you cross paths along the road? I know I do! And, like many others, I also enjoy the dungeons, RIFTs, Collections and Quests available to me as well.

As soon as we finish making some key decisions for upcoming updates you'll be the first to know about any intended changes for PvP, with more specifics on what we're working on both short term and long term.

We appreciate your patience and maintain our commitment to regular high-quality updates to all aspects of RIFT, even if PvP isn't our focus every time.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Elrar; 04-13-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,

I wanted to step in here real quick. With the launch of RIFT and our fast track to releasing 1.1 my focus has been called to other areas of the forums.

However, this does not mean I haven't been reading the forums and looking for current key issues and get an idea of what the topics you're discussing are. We have been reading as have the development team and we are all aware of the feedback you have shared.

Unfortunately we all have various priorities and in the previous development cycle PvP was not an area we were focusing on. With that said we have some plans in the works and once we get an idea of what changes we can make and when we'll be sure to share them with you here. While some of the changes you request may seem easy on paper, they are often complicated decisions that require resources from all departments within the studio.

Many of us here in the office, including myself, engage in PvP regularly and have characters on PvP servers. Who doesn't love the competitive, exhilarating rush you get from a good match, a sneak attack, or a 1 on 1 encounter as you cross paths along the road? I know I do! And, like many others, I also enjoy the dungeons, RIFTs, Collections and Quests available to me as well.

As soon as we finish making some key decisions for upcoming updates you'll be the first to know about any intended changes for PvP, with more specifics on what we're working on both short term and long term.

We appreciate your patience and maintain our commitment to regular high-quality updates to all aspects of RIFT, even if PvP isn't our focus every time.

Cheers,
    1. Merge Warfront shard groupings to decrease queues.
    2. Nerf Ground of Strength again and/or Fulminate

P.S. When i say again, I mean for the first time. All that was fixed in 1.1 was that GoS was bugged and could stun infinitely - diminishing returns was properly implemented.
    Last edited by Grep; 04-13-2011 at 09:08 AM.
    Grep@Lotham <Toilet>

Telaran

Thats awesome. It was safe to assume you were tracking this forum before but the feeling of being left in the dark was very prominent. Recognizing and responding is a strong step forward.

Soulwalker

Default ouch

Kinda expected that.

Hey all,

Cheers,
    James... this post goes a long way to allaying my pvp concerns. Thanks a LOT for the update, and here's hoping what comes out of the hopper is great! Knowing it is being looked at seriously and is known about is big, even if the stuff doesn't come as soon as we'd all hope. I look forward to hearing what the future of Rift's pvp will be when the time comes.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 04-13-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    James... this post goes a long way to allaying my pvp concerns. Thanks a LOT for the update, and here's hoping what comes out of the hopper is great!
    I don't know.... all that post shows to me is where PVP is on their priority list. And it's trailing somewhere at the bottom it seems. At the very least they could have hotfixed Pyros oh I don't know, like 2 weeks ago.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Quote Originally Posted by Grep View Post
    1. Merge Warfront shard groupings to decrease queues.
    2. Nerf Ground of Strength again and/or Fulminate

P.S. When i say again, I mean for the first time. All that was fixed in 1.1 was that GoS was bugged and could stun infinitely - diminishing returns was properly implemented.
    Agree with both statements.

To add to point 1. Take Heavy Def shards and add the with Heavy Guard shards otherwise the same things gonna happen. Look to see how you can make the shards equal each other as closely as you can ( i know its prolly hard to do) but if you lump 2 Guard heavy or Def heavy servers together the same things gonna happen one side will have long ques and the other will have super short ques.

And its nice to see we aren't being ignored...
    Last edited by TheBidnis; 04-13-2011 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #476

Quote Originally Posted by Melkrow View Post
    I don't know.... all that post shows to me is where PVP is on their priority list. And it's trailing somewhere at the bottom it seems. At the very least they could have hotfixed Pyros oh I don't know, like 2 weeks ago.
    Not at all, I'm simply stating that PvP will not always be on the top of our priority list as we make decisions for each patch. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't - just like every other feature of the game. It would be impossible for us to make consistent improvements across the board otherwise.

And as far as hot-fixing balance changes - we avoid this whenever we can, these balance changes get thorough internal discussion and will often be put on Alpha to encourage players to check them out and provide feedback before they're released world-wide. The exception to this is bugs that give an unfair advantage or handicap a particular soul. With that said we are closely looking at Pyromancer's and Ground of Strength.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Elrar; 04-13-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Rift Chaser

Elrar's First Post
    Maybe it's just a side effect of having played AoC (and many other MMOs), but while the sentiment is nice, this really just sounded like the standard response to anything people were getting frustrated/tired/concerned about but that the development team had no concrete plans to address in the near future. AKA "We know you guys are angry/tired/upset/etc about topic X, and while we have not focused much on topic X due to topics Y and Z, we plan that we shall soon(tm) address Topic X as soon as possible."

Elrar's Second Post
    That's far better. Listing specific things you're looking at, even if it's just 'looking at' at least acknowledges specific issues and not just the vague 'Topic X' response.
    Last edited by Steejee; 04-13-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Telaran

You do realise the game was just released right? All things aside the release was pretty smooth compared to other mmo's. There's to be expected bugs and problems that weren't caught in beta and their agenda before release I'm sure included remedying existing problems first and foremost. And I'm sure the whole rift invasion event was underway before rift actually dropped on the markets. Patience is a virtue and although I don't expect anything in a couple weeks, a couple months is more understandable.

Not at all, I'm simply stating that PvP will not always be on the top of our priority list as we make decisions for each patch. Sometimes it will, sometimes it won't - just like every other feature of the game. It would be impossible for us to make consistent improvements across the board otherwise.

Thanks!
    That's what I had gotten out of your first post... it's good to know that it wasn't just guesswork on my part and to have it laid out plainly. As much as many of us here would love to hear "OK guys, here's the zone map, layout, and stats for every PVP reward + new PVP ranks we've got, it's coming on (insert specific date here)." I know that's simply stuff that hasn't been decided yet and of course takes awhile to do, as well as never being set in stone even once decided on being done.

I'm looking forward to some patches including PVP love.

EDIT: (to respond to your edit) /clap (and not a golf one).

@Celicos: You are spot-on: Rift has had a great launch and IMO unparalleled quality for a brand new MMORPG. RVR was, loathe as I am to say, not a necessity for day 1 to make the game good: it is definitely something needed perhaps day 120 to 180, to make the game have staying power, and by the time we approach that date range I'm sure we'll have much more concrete info as to what's going to happen. If they can take the time to make the RVR-style gameplay as good as they've managed their PVE so far, I think we'll have a real treat coming our way!
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 04-13-2011 at 09:54 AM.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

And as far as hot-fixing balance changes - we avoid this whenever we can, these balance changes get thorough internal discussion and will often be put on Alpha to encourage players to check them out and provide feedback before they're released world-wide. The exception to this is bugs that give an unfair advantage or handicap a particular soul. With that said we are closely looking at Pyromancer's and Ground of Strength.

Thanks!
    Thank you very much. It is greatly appreciated. I hope you stay in contact!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast