+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: [Request] Dev response on PvP content.

Shadowlander

you are very very very wrong, its no posyble to play with this areas, heal... its very much and damage.... its terrible, if dont change this, will be the end of the rift, ever have a focus in pvp, this is the good pvp, and no areas, a little area, ok but all de warfront its areas of heal and areas of damage, the more strong area wins, this kill the warhammer gm, and if no change this.. will be the end

=

You are wrong. It is impossible to enjoy playing rift with AOE damage and healing spells - they do too much damage, it's terrible. If you don't change this, it will kill rift. Good PvP in rift will need a nerf to AoE damage/healing. Smaller amounts of AoE is fine, but currently it is too much as evident in the Warfronts, the victor is decided by who has more AoE. This is what killed Warhammer Online and if you don't change this, rift PvP will die.

Cut him a break. Obviously english isn't his main language

I'm going to tell you this, given an average work week of 40 hours, the average blizzard team member, since launch (of WoW 2004) has work approximately 10,400 hours each. Where as each Trion employee post launch has work an approximate 200 hours since the game has launched.

Be patient, Give them some time. Its not like they can physically work 10,400 hours in a month anyway, that is 433.3333 days. A year is 365 days.

Enjoy the game, if your having difficulty finding joy in it... take a break. It was two years before WoW saw anything that resembled an Open world PvP objective. In my opinion you guys are being very selfish, "aww well I don't want to waste my 15.00 dollars a month." you may have to pay a small bill. Then Rift is paying their bills; So it is not in their interest to see this game fail.

Like the maths says... Give them time.
    Last edited by DrSmash; 03-28-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by DrSmash View Post
    I'm going to tell you this, given an average work week of 40 hours, the average blizzard team member, since launch (of WoW 2004) has work approximately 10,400 hours each. Where as each Trion employee post launch has work an approximate 200 hours since the game has launched.

Be patient, Give them some time. Its not like they can physically work 10,400 hours in a month anyway, that is 433.3333 days. A year is 365 days.

Enjoy the game, if your having difficulty finding joy in it... take a break. It was two years before WoW saw anything that resembled an Open world PvP objective. In my opinion you guys are being very selfish, "aww well I don't want to waste my 15.00 dollars a month." you may have to pay a small bill. Then Rift is paying their bills; So it is not in their interest to see this game fail.

Like the maths says... Give them time.
    On the whole, I feel like the community is more than willing to give them time, we just want to know what we're giving them time to do.

Plane Touched

I think what many people want is ANYTHING official from Trion stating some kind of PvP content to be added at a later date. Many subscribers will stick around if we know something is coming, but with silence people may just cancel and possibly subscribe later. (if pvp content is added)

Just something official, because many people equate silence as meaning NO PvP content is coming.

Telaran

^-- exactly

Prophet of Telara

Yeah just tell us we're not wasting our money

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ahmrill View Post
    I think what many people want is ANYTHING official from Trion stating some kind of PvP content to be added at a later date. Many subscribers will stick around if we know something is coming, but with silence people may just cancel and possibly subscribe later. (if pvp content is added)

Just something official, because many people equate silence as meaning NO PvP content is coming.
    People make that conclusion with good reason. Silence means they are either ignoring the issue or don't know how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by k9quaint View Post
    WoW started out this way. Promised lots of PvP, gave the players PvE instead. Then months later, released a few crap battlegrounds. I hope Rift doesn't copy WoW to that extent.
    I think Rift will copy WoW in all areas. Only problem is that they'll probably just take ages doing it, and most good PvPers are already moving on.
    G.T.L.

Gaming. Table tennis. Library.

IT'S T-SHIRT TIME!!!

Character:

[GUARDIAN] Level 4X High Elf Rogue

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrath View Post
    I think Rift will copy WoW in all areas.
    Please don't do that Trion. If we wanted to play wow we'd play wow.

Come on. Fulfill our wet dreams and announce some awesome large scale persistent RvR.

... Oh and I'll be bumping this thread too until you respond or it gets locked

Soulwalker

Bumping for justice.

Shield of Telara

Yes, some response about what they want to do with pvp in the foreseeable future would be very nice.
    I do enjoy the pve aspects of the game overall but at heart I´m a pvp player (or more accurately RvR player).
    I have no problem with grinding faction or doing expert dugneons but I need incentive to do so, if the incentive to do that is only to be able to do the next tier of pve, well it doesn´t really hold my interest in that case. Some really love that and all the more power to them but for me pve, while it is fun, is just the means to an end (RvR).

In the end I would really love to give trion the monthly fee for the (well made) game but I really need to know what they intend to do with pvp.

So its a /bump ^^
    Last edited by Balduran; 03-29-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Shadowlander

bump.

I would even appreciate a "warfronts are fine, we have no intention of changing our pvp systems" because that would at least let myself and others like me know that this is not the MMO for us and we can move along instead of hoping for something decent to come of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Braves View Post
    First of all, this is NOT going to be any form of rant/rage/whine and I plan to keep this very short, with hopes that a Dev might read.

I am enjoying Rift a lot, and this is coming completely from a PvP perspective. I enjoy challenges (mainly the reason I left that "other" game) so class imbalances are something I can workaround, esp when you have a dev team actively posting and releasing balance patches.

Personally, I don't mind doing Warfronts alot, because I realize that very soon we will have something new. There is many things we have theorycrafted about what PvP is coming, but we have never got any form of Dev response.

I am just simply asking to leak some small bit of info that can keep people wanting to play. I, personally am here for the long haul, but would like to see these forums move to more constructive posting.
    IIRC Scott Hartsman said they'll add an RvR type thing if the players want it.

Seems like a lot do, so it's probably coming.

No details yet, but that's something?
    Last edited by Nebhatesyou; 03-29-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by sede View Post
    you are very very very wrong, its no posyble to play with this areas, heal... its very much and damage.... its terrible, if dont change this, will be the end of the rift, ever have a focus in pvp, this is the good pvp, and no areas, a little area, ok but all de warfront its areas of heal and areas of damage, the more strong area wins, this kill the warhammer gm, and if no change this.. will be the end
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nebhatesyou View Post
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    maybe only even when nobody a little bit, but then again I don't know without.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast