+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this guy intended to be so strong?

Champion of Telara

Default Is this guy intended to be so strong?

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6...0326165524.jpg

Have you ever seen a battle of port scion ended by killing the enemies lord?

Seriously, you just make him one hit people?

The only format similar to this I can think of is gvg where it has a guild lord to kill, and he far from one hits you.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

You had Exposed on you, for one.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    You had Exposed on you, for one.
    It will be applied to whoever is trying to fight that guy.

I'm pretty sure that's an npc that stands right there by the lord.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-26-2011 at 01:08 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.

The very first game on my shard we killed him. I have done it several times since, but in general he is too easy to defend and if you fail, you pretty much lose the game.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    The very first game on my shard we killed him. I have done it several times since, but in general he is too easy to defend and if you fail, you pretty much lose the game.
    exactly all it takes is a little extra damage on the tank there to whipe the team.

Or even a reduced healing on the tank should do it.

This guy one hits me, can probably two/three hit a tank.

Knock off their tank and he one hits the rest of the team.

I think it's a little too much.

It makes that strategy too risky of a strategy to even do.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-26-2011 at 01:14 PM.
    TL;DR

Champion of Telara

Never killed him - but I somehow got credit for killing him in some warfront. Not sure how we got credit for it, as we sure as hell didn't win the game.

Anyway, never killed him but I did once win a match we were losing simply by having over half my side attempt to do it. We were losing like 500-300 and after a string of loses decided eh why not.

I think it's near impossible to do.

The exposed debuff in this game is some of the dumbest **** ever. Even the new fix they have in alpha is stupid(but better) - if you want to give them snares then just do it.

When you do it, you have to not only kill the boss - but you've also got to defend against the other teams players since it announces you are killing them. So the exposed debuff gets thrown around mindlessly. Same as with the rest of the PvE in that place, but it really hurt on a mob like that.

Even without the exposed debuff, you've pretty much gotta be dominating the other side to kill him given the other side helps. So I'm not even sure why you would do it, as most people just win the regular way. I guess if you were like camping their spawn point you could go kill him to end it, but never seen it.

The way it helped us win that 1 match without killing him is it kind of messed with the heads of the guardians. We would die and then we would just start doing the shards. As the guardians had moved to that side of the map to defend, it left us with better numbers at the bridge/church. For whatever reason the guardians just never seemed to get it together after that.

Champion of Telara

Having it as a viable option would be better to make it not all about the bridge. I want to see a screenshot of him dead . He should be one of the prime objectives.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-26-2011 at 06:54 PM.
    TL;DR

Champion of Telara

Done it multiple times, you have to kill the idols, they buff him.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Soulwalker

It will eventually scale out with gear

first, Exposed is a debuff that is applied to you when you're hit running away from an npc. Getting on you is fault of your movement.

second, You're not a tank. Yes you probably will get one shotted (or close to it)

"In our loyalty, victory is certain."
    Loyalist of The Enclave

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kirth View Post
    Yes you probably will get one shotted (or close to it)
    Shouldn't be that way.

I could say the same thing about guildlord (I think it is quite obvious which format they were trying to screw up) attacking any mage, hes the thing that wins the game, he's supposed to one hit you. No, he is not that is just unviable gameplay.

He takes like 15+ hits to kill someone.

Just because I'm a mage doesn't mean a npc should one hit me. This npc shouldn't even be doing 1/6th that type of damage. It needs to be a viable option to kill even while having competitive defenders on you.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-27-2011 at 04:24 AM.
    TL;DR

Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    I could say the same thing about guildlord (I think it is quite obvious which format they were trying to screw up)
    Apparently it's not that obvious.

It's supposed to mirror AV(WoW), not GvG.

Open the door. Get on the floor.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nebhatesyou View Post
    Apparently it's not that obvious.

It's supposed to mirror AV(WoW), not GvG.
    I highly doubt trion has never heard of Anet and took 0 inspiration from them.

It's about like a pve gvg. And I'm sure they knew in their heads it was a a very small bit like a gvg (except in gvg a split team of 3 people can kill the lord making you have to watch the map, and have better control of it).

Does wows av have a one hitting guildlord in it? If so do you blame so many other people for trying to find another game than wow? That is bad mechanics.

If you are going to make something an option, it has to be a hell of a lot more viable of one than it is now.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-27-2011 at 04:44 AM.
    TL;DR

Champion of Telara

The people who killed it probably had an opposing team that didn't know where to go to defend or all afkers.

With all the imba in the game it is hard enough most of the time to keep the teams up without one side whiping pretty quickly.

Add these npcs in, and it's a guaranteed whipe on that team.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-27-2011 at 04:57 AM.
    TL;DR

Champion of Telara

I just think he should be something you have/want to protect rather than laugh at whoever tries to fight him and go cap the bridge.

Thought that was the whole point of scion but guess not.
    TL;DR

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast