+ Reply to Thread

Thread: anti-healing = +50% damage

Sword of Telara

Default anti-healing = +50% damage

if a class has access to an anti-healing ability(which reduce heals by 50%) is like they do 50% increased damage.

only these class will be viable in PVP(mana drains will be dead in 1.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodisplay View Post
    if a class has access to an anti-healing ability(which reduce heals by 50%) is like they do 50% increased damage.

lol good troll

4/5
    Calva-level 50 assassin(51)/infltrator(10)/bladedancer(5)
    Shard-Ramsmolov
    Defiant

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Calva View Post
    lol good troll

4/5
    ty,
    but the info is based on WoW experience.
    it was also noted there that the anti-healing classes deal 50% more damage because the healer heals 50% less

Soulwalker

Default anti

well first of all -50% healing does not mean its like they take 50% more damage I get your point and understand why you think this. well this would be the cast if the targhet was taking healing from one healer. but if you have two healers thre four or fice ive seem as many as 12 in one warfront (scion) however I think if you come into Scion with nothing to offer other than some DPS like seems to be the style you should resoul
    lol Resoul coining that now
    Rizen

Your maths is wrong. Its actually 100% increased damage if you are doing a thought experiment between two chars; one hitting for 1k dmg and one healing for 1k dmg. That said its quite obviously incorrect that a char is doing double dmg, because what you are actually describing is the inability to heal all done dmg when done at the same rate of healing.

However, its quite irrelevant, as this is not what healers heal for, doesn't take into account skill CD's or number of skills, and ignores the ability for some/most cleric souls to outheal all the dmg anyway.
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

This thread is stupid
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=443735&dateline=12991  91838

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by zets View Post
    This thread is stupid
    but it forces you to think

Prophet of Telara

Good thing all the damage archetypes have access to anti healing or the stacking damage buff up to 50% making them all pretty balanced......

Ascendant

With the amount of overhealing going on in warfronts, I'd say people can afford to take less healing. And for the amount of times I've gone all out on someone only to have their health bar barely move (assassin) or watch them healed to full a couple of seconds after a burst (sab), I would say the healing debuff is a pretty functional mechanic.

Just remember...whatever the other team is doing to you, you can do to them.

Ascendant

No it's not.
    It your way of thinking was right, it would be +100% damage, not +50%.
    But it's not right anyway.

Let's say I heal myself for 10health seconds, and you attack me for 100 DPS.
    I take 90 damage per seconds.
    If my healing is reduced by 50%? I take 95 damage per seconds. which is a 5.56% increase. I would not even notice this affecting me.

If on the other hand I'm a main healer, and let's say I heal myself for 98 health per seconds and you attack me for 100 DPS.
    I'm taking 2 DPS.
    If you reduce my healing by 50%, I only heal for 49 HPS and you still hit me for 100 DPS, which means I take 51 DPS.
    Your damage increased by 2550%.

And if I heal for more than you DPS me ( which isn't very rare for main healers ), then you go from "0 DPS" to (potentially) some DPS, which is an infinite increase in DPS.

+ Reply to Thread