+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can Warfronts have different win/loss prestige bonuses please?

Default Can Warfronts have different win/loss prestige bonuses please?

Currently all warfronts (Black garden, Codex, Whitefall & Scion) all have 200 prestige for a loss & 600 prestige for a win.

Black Garden games are almost always over in 5-10 minutes, whereas Whitefall can easily go to max timer, and Scion can easily go over 20 minutes.

This basically means if you have someone that wants to grind prestige they queue 24/7 for Black Garden, and nothing else, because assuming a 50/50 win/loss ratio in best case scenario, they would get 2wins & 2 losses (=1600 prestige) in the same time scale as ONE Scion game (=200 or 600).

I propose that more time-consuming warfronts get more love in the prestige department so the list would look something more like this:
    Black Garden: 200 / 600
    Codex: 300 / 800
    Whitefall: 400 / 900
    Scion: 500 / 1000

This would hopefully reduce the Black Garden grind for prestige as well as fill up the other warfront queues a little.
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

well you basicly do get more for a longer WF, as you gain more over time as it progressed.

i see a hughe diffrence betwene black garden and port scion, hence i do most of my pvp there, and i do enjoy it as well, fun fun WF.
    "We are Dyslexia of Borg, we WILL *****laminate you!"

I am Dyslexic, and English is my 3rd language, i appologize for any miss spellings, typos that may occure in my posts.

Forgot to mention I believe gettign a "Draw" or "Match is a tie" should be more prestige than it currently is depending on length of time invested. I've had draws in Whitefall and Codex (yes, really, in Codex) and you get 300 prestige bonus. For 10-20 minutes invested (compared to an easy 800-2400 in BG) 300 seems a bit low for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Debiru82 View Post
    well you basicly do get more for a longer WF, as you gain more over time as it progressed.

i see a hughe diffrence betwene black garden and port scion, hence i do most of my pvp there, and i do enjoy it as well, fun fun WF.
    Yep indeed, thats true on Scion in particular.
    I made the forum thread to guage if I was the only one who noticed or felt this "seeming" bonus-time imbalance, as BG queues always seem full (can always get games immediately) whereas other longer maps get really long queues (over 15 mins sometimes).
    Last edited by Zirconium; 03-25-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

Don't forget though, that the longer a WF lasts, the more likelihood of gaining Prestige and Favor comes from kills of the opposition. I tend to gain far more of both Prestige and Favor out of say Port of Scion than in The Black Garden. If people are "stupid" enough to think they get more out of a TBG match than a longer lasting Scion, that's their problem really. Sadly that affects me as well, since I constantly see TBG pop up, but oh well. I mainly do PvP for PvP and get the added bonus of gaining Favor and Prestige to gear up and unlock titles and skills on the side.

By rank 6 you will be so bored with any and all warfronts it doesn't matter how much you get, you will want to shoot yourself in the face.

+ Reply to Thread