+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: As a Mage who wants fair PvP, I demand a nerf to 51 pyro souls and GoS

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nem3sys View Post
    only curious wich class u are playing?class soul.. same thing
    I just recently specced into 10 Archmage 51 Pyro 5 Archon and use this as my default build for WFs since it's most efficient offensive build. As the standard efficiency-seeking PvP player that I am, I find it kind of sad that the most efficient spec requires the least amount of skill.

My favorite build (playstyle wise) is 12 Warlock 32 Pyro 22 Dom because of all the utilities and counters it brings to the table - IN THEORY. But all util and CC is worthless if you get wtfpwnd by the huge amount of faceroll in this game and all of mage CC (exept OP pyro stuns) share the same DR. So you HAVE TO GO with full pyro.

Telaran

Also, if you're less than 51 points in pyro, you're damage is pathetic. So for all of you guys who QQ about pyro mages are being op and don't require any skill... WE KNOW. WE HATE IT TOO. Of course we love the feeling to pwn in Warfronts. As any other PvP player. But we want our pwning to be based on skill rather than the spec+faceroll. And this is not possible with the current state of the game.
    Last edited by Keifu; 03-25-2011 at 05:18 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Keifu View Post
    Let's face it: The play style involved in being a 51 pyro and sitting in your GoS, triggering Heat Wave and cleaning everything in a radius of 30m around you does not require any skill.

Patch 1.1 brings a lot of required downtuning to AoE heal, Sab and Champions and a lot required uptuning to mages. But these changes also implicitly buff this abomination of a build who's amount of faceroll easily is on par with a sab. My request to Trion: Buff Damage output of mages in general, reward spending points in multiple souls, nerf going full pyro because of lack of skill.
    I play Jaixen lvl 39 mage on Nyx server and I fully support this message.

Nerf Fulminate and GoS or GoP.. whichever one is the 44 pt talent.

I will also add though that once players find out you can simply dispel Ground then pyros will start getting rolled up in a ball. Even then I still think the stun chance should be removed and the only CC immunity should be to Sleeps/fears/Transmortifies. That way it gives players teh ability to stun them or knock them back off their pad or dispel it like can be done now.
    Last edited by Jaixen; 03-25-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Champion of Telara

I'd really like to see a dps meter on both a good war/good sab and a pyro. The pyro takes the chance of being two/three hit for his damage, don't really see any other class giving up survivability for anything.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-25-2011 at 05:26 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

I think if you drastically toned down CC overall in this game, you would see a lot fewer Pyros.

I much prefer my more mobile, more fun Warlock/Chloro spec, but it is just useless in WF's...it's just CC>CC>CC>CC>Dead.

Pyro is the only spec a mage can do anything at all, really. Maybe Necro....but it is pretty dam easy to kill a CC'd mage.

That's the problem...CC dominated PVP.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    I think if you drastically toned down CC overall in this game, you would see a lot fewer Pyros.

I much prefer my more mobile, more fun Warlock/Chloro spec, but it is just useless in WF's...it's just CC>CC>CC>CC>Dead.

Pyro is the only spec a mage can do anything at all, really. Maybe Necro....but it is pretty dam easy to kill a CC'd mage.

That's the problem...CC dominated PVP.

Yea and I still think with break free at two minutes it will still be a problem, even when you have it toned down to like 80 seconds. The stun application rate is still going to be there, and it comes quite heavily at once not a minute later when you are dead.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-25-2011 at 05:34 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

A VK totally nullifies a Pyro.
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zirconium View Post
    A VK totally nullifies a Pyro.
    This is a bad argument in my opinion.

One calling in the game substantially spec'd into one particular soul has an advantage over this spec. Therefore this spec is overpowered because it dominates 95% of the player base.

It's true vk can drain pyros. But sabs can take down vks easily enough- so can many other phys dps. So in a team based game, only one counter is not enough to justify one spec to be fine. Additionally, in order to be effective the vk needs to be close to the mage or channel on it. This leaves the vk very vulnerable to focused fire.

In my opinion, the way to resolve GoS is to allow knockbacks and riftsummon to move the mage out of the ground. This wouldn't be game breaking for the mage as you could simply walk back into the ground provided they didn't immediately cc you. Classes would need to spec into tools which would allow them to do this in the first place and most of these tools require to be in melee range. Mages, on the other hand would need to be more strategic on their builds to compensate for this. They would need to get additional mobility tools to get away or back into the ground or find more defensible (but less dominating) positions to drop the ground. This build adjustment may also drop the pyromancers damage to a more acceptable level. If they choose to keep the high damage build they will no longer be as survivable which is an acceptable trade off.

Alternatively, they could remove silence from the cc that is blocked.
    Last edited by Peligrad; 03-25-2011 at 06:04 AM.

Telaran

Yesterday I was in the Battle of Port Scion, we won in the end, but I stood in GoS (Pyro/archmage) and I I was getting attacked by a Sab, I was at 80% health as I was battling for a few seconds, I saw it too late, and already had a full stack by the sab (completely my fault there) and I got a crit of 3.5k which killed me. And that is with a 30% less dmg taken from GoS.

I'm sorry but GoS is fine as it is, focus on us and we are dead (unless we have some good healers). Without it, we have no defense. You say the stun is too much; 2 sec is NOTHING, 5 sec from titan strike is a lot worse! Glad that is getting a nerf.
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-rift/9016_05460dffb4b2937c.png

Rift Disciple

I was stunned repeatedly for over 20secs by 2 pyros in my riftstalker meaty tank build. They did crap dmg to me while I was stunned thx to the pvp talents but still... wtf
    DIMINISHING RETURNS WTB PLX

GoS WILL be nerfed in 1.1.

Archmage rune shield is disabled while they come up with a fix for GoS, but trust me, its coming
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
    This is a bad argument in my opinion.

One calling in the game substantially spec'd into one particular soul has an advantage over this spec. Therefore this spec is overpowered because it dominates 95% of the player base.

It's true vk can drain pyros. But sabs can take down vks easily enough- so can many other phys dps. So in a team based game, only one counter is not enough to justify one spec to be fine. Additionally, in order to be effective the vk needs to be close to the mage or channel on it. This leaves the vk very vulnerable to focused fire.

In my opinion, the way to resolve GoS is to allow knockbacks and riftsummon to move the mage out of the ground. This wouldn't be game breaking for the mage as you could simply walk back into the ground provided they didn't immediately cc you. Classes would need to spec into tools which would allow them to do this in the first place and most of these tools require to be in melee range. Mages, on the other hand would need to be more strategic on their builds to compensate for this. They would need to get additional mobility tools to get away or back into the ground or find more defensible (but less dominating) positions to drop the ground. This build adjustment may also drop the pyromancers damage to a more acceptable level. If they choose to keep the high damage build they will no longer be as survivable which is an acceptable trade off.

Alternatively, they could remove silence from the cc that is blocked.
    Or they could just fix mages so they dont have to rely on GoS turret mode to be competitive. Thats what most other games do and I believe thats what EVERYONE wants to see.

I also dont think pyros are as faceroll as everyone makes them out to be. Sure stacking them is very effective and pyro 1v1 is pretty good if all CDs are up, but sustained dps sux IMO. Especially as you increase the amount of targets.
    Last edited by AestheticsBrah; 03-25-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Soulwalker

Mages in rift are ljkasdfnalkjbr on pvp, specially on 1vs1. One HUGE, and important thing to do, its remove the stupid jump (teleport) that warriors or i dont know who has... Its so unfair with mages, the only second we have to kill someone is when he walk to you, but with this jump... no chances... ! sorry for my english.

I do have issue with the fact that, as a cleric healer, I have literally NOTHING that mitigates or stops a pyro from chain-casting..except running around the nearest solid object and cowering there until he turns his attention on someone else.

I have faith that ground will be fixed. They can't allow this Unkillable Turret of LOL playstyle to persist without QQ starting to get heavy.
    M'Nope.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by timviei View Post
    Mages in rift are ljkasdfnalkjbr on pvp, specially on 1vs1. One HUGE, and important thing to do, its remove the stupid jump (teleport) that warriors or i dont know who has... Its so unfair with mages, the only second we have to kill someone is when he walk to you, but with this jump... no chances... ! sorry for my english.
    I know what you are saying.

Gap closing skills + stuns is OP. The warrior may as well be ranged dps, because gap close + stun is basically the same thing but better. Combine that with best dps and its definitely a problem.

CC in this game needs to be looked at hard. Particularly CC available to dps classes.
    Last edited by AestheticsBrah; 03-25-2011 at 07:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast