+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP gear worth getting at level 15?

Soulwalker

Default PVP gear worth getting at level 15?

I didn't realize how to get PVP gear this early so I haven't really bothered. I'm level 15 right now, is there any point in buying any for this bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by Astlin View Post
    I didn't realize how to get PVP gear this early so I haven't really bothered. I'm level 15 right now, is there any point in buying any for this bracket?
    Nah, I would save it to buy gear at 50, and possibly by the PvP soul if you want Break Free (cd being reduced to 2min)
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Champion of Telara

It gives an advantage.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

Soulwalker

how much of one though? I mean, I don't just PVP but I do PVP quite a bit and I'm not in any hurry to hit 50, so the extra time it would take is not an issue for me.

Champion of Telara

soft leather and the next leather up should be level 15 gear and very cheap.

Go into the manufactory and look for an outfitter.

Or you can go butchering / outfitter, go kill a few things and make your armor yourself.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-24-2011 at 09:43 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.

If you plan on Warfronting a lot, yes.

It's pretty good gear and is relatively cheap....you can get favor pretty easy. The cost of the 15 gear, relative to the cost of the 50 gear is miniscule...saving it won't get you the 50 gear that much faster.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

No i t 's terrible, all PvP gear is terrible even the endgame stuff you grind weeks to get. Decent gear is all PvE in Rift.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Champion of Telara

He will only be able to get one maybe two pieces of armor since it is very limited and he will outlevel it fast, outfitter is the best bet.
    TL;DR

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    No i t 's terrible, all PvP gear is terrible even the endgame stuff you grind weeks to get. Decent gear is all PvE in Rift.
    This guys trolls every thread, please ignore him.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Quote Originally Posted by Braves View Post
    Pot meet kettle? How many posts of L2p have you made? How many threads where you tell people they're terrible (mages especially), lol?

I'm not trolling if you want decent gear you have to get it from dungeons or rifts. The PvP gear is all terrible DPS gear. I'm trying to help him, that stuff is not just terrible, but he migth need the favor at endgame for something. Getting PvP gear now is also bad cuz he'll wear it like what? Two days max?

Troll? You're an idiot.
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 03-24-2011 at 10:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Braves View Post
    He speaks the truth actually, it is all mank until you get prestige rank 3, even then it's only average at best.

Don't waste favor points until you're rank 2 prestige, no need, green/blues/crap will do you as unless you're in a premade, everyone else on your team with be afk anyway - no point putting effort in or spending favor points when the rest of your team are botters.

If on the other hand you're running in premades then go for it, every little helps and you'll be farming tons of favor points from afk botters for weeks to come at 50, winning every single game as you go.

Rift Disciple

If you don't do much PvE or crafting for the relevant item trees, then the L1-L30ish PvP gear (IMO) represents relatively good value for your favor earnings.

What definitely represents good value is the L1-L30 rare planar gear, so if you regularly do Rifts and Invasions then you should definitely consider some investment there rather than stockpiling planarite given the exponential increases in planarite you get as Rifts rise in level. As an example, the rare planar gear I picked up from the first zone lasted me quite comfortably through to the early stages of the third zone (L22-25, from memory).

From what the OP said, as someone focusing primarily on PvP, you should probably be looking to spend favor to upgrade your PvP gear at every available opportunity, and you might as well get the L1 gear even if its only useful for you for 7 levels or so at this point.

2 cents.

Champion of Telara

Need to correct something, if you are mage or rogue, it is outfitter/butchering.

If you are war/cleric, it is armorsmith/mining.
    TL;DR

Telaran

At 15, there are 2 blues you can get but both are level 12. They're inexpensive (just over 500 favor each) but you could probably find greens your level that are just as good (or better). If you are like me and have more favor than cash, go for them but in general I'd say to just go to the auction house or quest.

+ Reply to Thread