+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Trion ,put all pvp servers in queue for warfonts!!

  1. #1
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Exclamation Trion ,put all pvp servers in queue for warfonts!!

    This will be a great change in the next patches ,let people join warfronts from every pvp server.Atm we only have 3 servers queue in warfonts and this is a small number.At least two things will be resolved if all servers will join together in warfronts :

    1. On low servers people will be bale to join warfonts more often and not stay 20-30 min to join a single warfront.
    2. Win/lose ratio balance ,will be much more good when we will have all pvp servers join together in warfonts.


    PS: Lets keep this up for trion to see ,this is important for all the pvp community !
    Last edited by Cyborg; 03-24-2011 at 05:27 AM.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    For some reason i get the feeling that my shard can only have one of each warfront going at a time, which increases the time for que (for example, if there is a codex match going on, you either have to join it or wait for the next one to start).

    Making this larger would slow the que down more.


    If the game were able to have more than one codex going at a time for each shard, thats the type of fix that will speed up ques, assuming they do not already do that.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-24-2011 at 05:31 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

  3. #3
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    For some reason i get the feeling that my shard can only have one of each warfront going at a time, which increases the time for que (for example, if there is a codex match going on, you either have to join it or wait for the next one to start).

    Making this larger would slow the que down more.


    If the game were able to have more than one codex going at a time for each shard, thats the type of fix that will speed up ques, assuming they do not already do that.
    No, all server in queue will not slow down the time you will stay in queue lol ..Many people ,many warfonts ,slow queue time ,this is how it work.You just stupid son ,to think moar servers joined in warfronts will slow the queue time ...

    My shard (Bloodiron) fight in warfronts only 2 other shards ,and this is a joke ,same premades same players and sometimes huge time queue ...Why trion dont allow all pvp to join i dont know..
    Last edited by Cyborg; 03-24-2011 at 05:51 AM.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander Cathral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    36

    Default

    If you meant group all the pvp servers into the same group for warfronts and pve in another I 100% agree. Currently PVP players dont care about the objectives in a game and just chase players down ignoring the objectives.

    5 games today we were winning and lost because all the pvp players refused to defend and ran off chasing the opposition. The purpose of warfronts is to complete objectives not as an easy access spot to teleport to for instant ganking. Hell let Trion make a big room and throw them in if thats all your after dont ruin the fun aspect of the warfronts for the rest of us.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Hodor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    Not sure what is going on with WFs but I once waited 36 minutes in a queue to get into Codex. I finally gave up and logged. Lame.

    Would be nice if more servers could be involved to help create multiple WFs, assuming their ping rates/connections were similar to the server I'm already clustered to.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    /agree

    right now with low pop i'd say put all of the servers into maybe 3 battlegroups

    develop a system to make this customizable so that as populations rise, you can 'drag and drop' servers into groups

    shuffle the servers every few months to avoid stale competition or dominance

  7. #7
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathral View Post
    If you meant group all the pvp servers into the same group for warfronts and pve in another I 100% agree. Currently PVP players dont care about the objectives in a game and just chase players down ignoring the objectives.

    5 games today we were winning and lost because all the pvp players refused to defend and ran off chasing the opposition. The purpose of warfronts is to complete objectives not as an easy access spot to teleport to for instant ganking. Hell let Trion make a big room and throw them in if thats all your after dont ruin the fun aspect of the warfronts for the rest of us.
    Yes ,what i say is to have all PVP server joined in queue for Warfonts.This way we will have warfonts more balanced and with less queue time

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    763

    Default

    The queues do allow more then one match at a time. My wife and myself both play. We have ended up in different Black Gardens at the same time. The AFK problem though has caused one side to stop queueing on our Battlegroup though. As a result, Defiant get instant queues while the Guardians get 10-20 minute queues. This is because those Guardians are waiting for their time to come play with the small number of Defiant.

    At least I know this holds true on the Harrow/Briarcliff/Gnarlwood/Silkenweb battlegroup.
    Tsarin - Sunrest (PVP-RP) - Eth DPS Cleric (50) - Static

  9. #9
    Telaran Taintertots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    No... If anything is done, take away all cross server ques. What happened to realm pride, and server rivalry?

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    No, all server in queue will not slow down the time you will stay in queue lol ..Many people ,many warfonts ,slow queue time ,this is how it work.You just stupid son ,to think moar servers joined in warfronts will slow the queue time ...

    My shard (Bloodiron) fight in warfronts only 2 other shards ,and this is a joke ,same premades same players and sometimes huge time queue ...Why trion dont allow all pvp to join i dont know..
    You didn't read my post or too young to even comprehend what you read.


    Either way.

    If only one codex can go on at a time for each shard/server set.

    Heres how it would go on all of them linked.

    Just say there is 30 people in que for codex or black garden and it maxes at 10 people on each side per game.

    You are player #25 that qued. Which means you will have to wait for players 1-10 to play their match, then numbers 10-20 to play their match, then you get to go in the third match with numbers 20-30.

    add more to that, and you add more waiting time.


    See what I am saying? This is how it seems to work from what I've seen so far, one warfront of each can only be played at a time per shard.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-24-2011 at 06:46 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    480

    Default

    I'd rather see premade teams off my queues first.

  12. #12
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    You didn't read my post or too young to even comprehend what you read.


    Either way.

    If only one codex can go on at a time for each shard/server set.

    Heres how it would go on all of them linked.

    Just say there is 30 people in que for codex or black garden and it maxes at 10 people on each side per game.

    You are player #25 that qued. Which means you will have to wait for players 1-10 to play their match, then numbers 10-20 to play their match, then you get to go in the third match with numbers 20-30.

    add more to that, and you add more waiting time.


    See what I am saying? This is how it seems to work from what I've seen so far, one warfront of each can only be played at a time per shard.
    You dont know how the things work in here ,as i told early ,more servers in queue mean LESS TIME IN QUEUE (more players ,always warfronts up ,always many spot for people to join).. I played warr and wow back in the days ,and we were like minimum 10 server that join in same warfonts and queue time was instant all the time ,and i repeat again ,atm my shard fight only with other 2.

    Just dont try to explain me what you may think is work ,because less servers in queue for warfronts is obvious slow time in queue..
    Last edited by Cyborg; 03-24-2011 at 07:04 AM.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    You dont know how the things work in here ,as i told early ,more servers in queue mean LESS TIME IN QUEUE (more players ,always warfronts up ,always many spot for people to join).. I played warr and wow back in the days ,and we were like minimum 10 server that join in same warfonts and queue time was instant all the time.

    Just dont try to explain me what you may think is work ,because less servers in queue for warfronts is obvious slow time in queue..
    I'm saying these ques seem different than say guildwars que.

    On guildwars you que for random arenas and there can be 100 random arena matches going on at a time.

    Here it seems like only one black garden goes on at a time and the people that que for it either have to join it, or wait for the next one.

    If you add more people to that line, you extend our waiting times. Is that so hard to understand?


    have you noticed this game might be different than the way wow ques?
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

  14. #14
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    I'm saying these ques seem different than say guildwars que.

    On guildwars you que for random arenas and there can be 100 random arena matches going on at a time.

    Here it seems like only one black garden goes on at a time and the people that que for it either have to join it, or wait for the next one.

    If you add more people to that line, you extend our waiting times. Is that so hard to understand?


    have you noticed this game might be different than the way wow ques?
    No ,this s wrong ,there is not only one black garden (or same map warfont) match at a time.I fight in black garden and some of my friends (same server and level as me ) were in 2 different black garden warfonts games at the same time.The system is exactly like in wow and warr ,many servers in queue more chances to get in warfont fast.

    It is so obvious that many servers will help all out with warfont balance and queue time ,and still some boys just dont like that ..because they dont know the mechanic behind the queue :/
    Last edited by Cyborg; 03-24-2011 at 07:10 AM.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    No ,this s wrong ,there is not only one black garden match at a time.I fight in black garden and some of my friends were in 2 different games at the same time.
    K, I have only seen one going on at a time. Have also had friends in my bracket go in while I'm still waiting in line for the next one, and they get out of it and the next one never comes, until a few hours later.

    That was the 40-49 bracket 50 is instant enters.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-24-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.


    Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

    Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts