+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally THE caster fix

Sword of Telara

Default Finally THE caster fix

* PvP combat: Abilities now only check for caster facing their target at the start of a cast - they will still land if a target moves behind you while the casting is in progress.

This is exactly what I suggested a couple of times. Thank you for this!

Now we now which baddie asked for this.

Thanks, baddie.

On MMO break until someone decides to put out a game developed for PvP.
    On Deck:
    Jon Connor - Love Me Now
    Dir en grey - Hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

I assume this applies to melee too? Or are we forced to turn while easymode mages can just faceroll their buttons?

Don't know why I posed that as a question, no one here knows and if they do they probably can't tell.
    Last edited by Sensational; 03-24-2011 at 03:09 AM.

http://SVentures.guildpower.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fuinir View Post
    Meat shield/meat lance. Meat jousting? Come find out who has the better meat! Lance against Lance!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
    I assume this applies to melee too? Or are we forced to turn while easymode mages can just faceroll their buttons?
    Maybe you should re read that? melee abilities are all instant and so require you to be facing your target only when you hammer the button. Now mages have been changed to this way aswell: you have to be facing your target when you hammmer the button but not 2s later when it actually fires off.

Quote Originally Posted by sineater View Post
    Maybe you should re read that? melee abilities are all instant and so require you to be facing your target only when you hammer the button. Now mages have been changed to this way aswell: you have to be facing your target when you hammmer the button but not 2s later when it actually fires off.
    Good point.

http://SVentures.guildpower.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fuinir View Post
    Meat shield/meat lance. Meat jousting? Come find out who has the better meat! Lance against Lance!

Champion of Telara

Unbelievable... I guess keyboard turners have finally found an MMORPG to be at home in.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    Unbelievable... I guess keyboard turners have finally found an MMORPG to be at home in.
    Now if they can make my clicking easier i'll get the lifetime sub.
    Grignak-50 Cleric-<PvP Goods>-Defiant Briarcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational View Post

Don't know why I posed that as a question, no one here knows and if they do they probably can't tell.
    Casters need to stand still to cast, I would prefer if melee and ranged had the same issue but Trion decided that they don't. But this change is good since the exploit of walking through a character is no longer a viable.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    Yeah.. this change is so lame, the people who couldn't get a cast off before this shouldn't be playing.

melee is losing the easy mode while be being very deadly to casters. Why the outrage melee, does this nerf your "skill" ??

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post
    Casters need to stand still to cast, I would prefer if melee and ranged had the same issue but Trion decided that they don't. But this change is good since the exploit of walking through a character is no longer a viable.
    stupid much?
    He has journeyed where none have been before. Now he returns to ensure that none follow.

Plane Touched

to every sad sack out there who thinks this is an injustice or unfair *nerf*
    get over yourself

playing a class with all of your abilities instant cast doesnt give you a disadvantage

the *ability* to run through someone at the last moment of their cast isnt skill, you cant turn your character around to face some jumping idiot as fast as you can just run through someone as they are casting while mashing your buttons,

with all of the insane amount of CC already in this game, if you cant use that to counter casters, well your just bad to start, this is gonna make it rough for you

awesome fix, cant wait

As long as it affects healing and other friendly spells as well i don't mind.

+ Reply to Thread