+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heard of a good strategy to win Codex.

Ascendant

Default Heard of a good strategy to win Codex.

Capture the codex and the point closest to your spawn.
    I know, I know, it sounds very far-fetched at first, but trust me, it works.

And, all sarcasm aside, the reason I'm posting this is because I'm tired to see people reply, to anyone trying to get them to fight for codex, that they've seen teams win by letting ennemy team capture codex but getting the other 3 points.

Yeah, I've seen that works 3-4 times as well.
    I've seen a team win with codex + spawn point about 300-400 times tho.

Rift Chaser

The only way you can lose with Codex is if the enemy team outplays you so hard that you can't hold a second point... which almost never happens.

I always thought that the best way to switch around the points was to make the one closest to your spawn point the same (Scope for Defiant, Statue for Guardian), make the middle ones worth three or four points (Vault and Codex), but make holding the far point worth 5 (Statue for Defiant, Scope for Guardian) since that's going to be the most difficult to hold onto.

Or, for a more simple and intuitive solution: Statue and Scope worth three, Vault and Codex worth five.
    Last edited by Kalos; 03-23-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Soulwalker

this. bump

guardians in my battlegroup send 3 people to codex.. A Champion, A Sab/Bard or Pyro/Chloro and a Cleric.. The rest go straight to scope (closest flag to Defiant spawn).

Those 3 people keep an entire raid group off of codex long enough for Statue, Vault and Scope to all begin flashing blue. They then keep a group at scope, making sure no one can retake it and to stop reinforcements from getting to back to codex if they die or just enter the game.. The other group heads to codex and finishes off whoever is left of the Defiant who went to codex and then they cap codex.. While all the points are flashing blue, they ride their wolves down to Defiant spawn and join the others camping. If a rogue manages to stealth by them and get a flag cap going, up to 4 of them peel off and kill the individual, while everyone is massacred or afking while screaming at each other in /warfront at this point.

Happens just about the same every codex..

Defiants do not adapt to new working strategies and instead stick to the old fashioned "ZERG CODEX", when the guardians constantly show you that you can keep your silly codex while I just take everything else..

Bottom line: Take what your enemy gives you.. Making statue flash red and stopping singles from retaking it will force more guardians to rush to its aid, taking them away from wherever else they are. You can still fight for codex, but having a small team of 3 or so running around tagging flags to put the pressure on them to either split their forces or pay more attention to one over the other will work in your favor at the end..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Two things decide pvp matches right now - pure healers and champions. Both need to be toned down, neither has anything to do with whether or not there's too much cc and not enough immunity.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vyeth View Post
    guardians in my battlegroup send 3 people to codex.. A Champion, A Sab/Bard or Pyro/Chloro and a Cleric.. The rest go straight to scope (closest flag to Defiant spawn).

Those 3 people keep an entire raid group off of codex long enough for Statue, Vault and Scope to all begin flashing blue. They then keep a group at scope, making sure no one can retake it and to stop reinforcements from getting to back to codex if they die or just enter the game.. The other group heads to codex and finishes off whoever is left of the Defiant who went to codex and then they cap codex.. While all the points are flashing blue, they ride their wolves down to Defiant spawn and join the others camping. If a rogue manages to stealth by them and get a flag cap going, up to 4 of them peel off and kill the individual, while everyone is massacred or afking while screaming at each other in /warfront at this point.

Happens just about the same every codex..

Defiants do not adapt to new working strategies and instead stick to the old fashioned "ZERG CODEX", when the guardians constantly show you that you can keep your silly codex while I just take everything else..

Bottom line: Take what your enemy gives you.. Making statue flash red and stopping singles from retaking it will force more guardians to rush to its aid, taking them away from wherever else they are. You can still fight for codex, but having a small team of 3 or so running around tagging flags to put the pressure on them to either split their forces or pay more attention to one over the other will work in your favor at the end..
    This!

Not only does this work when banging your head codex obviously doesn't, but it gives way more favor! And it's different than what I usually have to play with there. Been getting 1000+ favor from the statue push +spawncamp codex matches

Hell, I joined a badly losing codex match late {600-200}, and was like...let's not bother winning. Push statue, spawncamp and let's actually salvage some favor. 63 kills and 5 KBs (on a tank-bard) later? We lost, but the other side's top slayer had like, 25 kills at most, so we got favor relatively close.

Not that Codex AND 1 is not a viable strategy. Just...You HAVE to adapt to what you're bein given.

+ Reply to Thread