+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "the game is balanced for group pvp" - no.

Rift Disciple

Default "the game is balanced for group pvp" - no.

Stop posting this crap, please. If you are going to post it show the source because you arent a worthy source. Dont put words in the developer's mouths. I havent seen anything that said that was their intent. and I would argue strongly that it isn't balanced in group pvp anyway.

If this game has open world pvp then it simply needs to be balanced, or at least attempted, for 1v1.

There is no reason why I should be getting roflstomped in my mage leveling spec by every class in the game. Right now if someone griefs me I have to to find some way to spawn safely, heal, change roles to pyro pvp and then proceed to roflstomp them. How about we just make it so I have a chance in the first place?

Thanks.
    Last edited by AestheticsBrah; 03-23-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AestheticsBrah View Post
    Stop posting this crap, please. If you are going to post it show the source because you arent a worthy source. Dont put words in the developer's mouths. I havent seen anything that said that was their intent. and I would argue strongly that it isn't balanced in group pvp anyway.

If this game has open world pvp then it simply needs to be balanced, or at least attempted, for 1v1.

There is no reason why I should be getting roflstomped in my mage leveling spec by every class in the game. Right now if someone griefs me I have to someone spawn safely, heal, change roles to pyro pvp and then proceed to roflstomp them. How about we just make it so I have a chance in the first place?

Thanks.

Stop crying
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    Stop crying
    thanks for your insight. keep enjoying your broken game.

Rift Disciple

1v1 balancing is the worst possible idea in an MMO.

It equates to giving everyone the same stuff. Which makes the game bland.

If you build a pve spec and someone else builds a pvp spec you are going to lose 9 out of 10 times. You cant balance that.

if you want to play a game where every class is equal, play WoW.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

There is no reason why I should be getting roflstomped in my mage leveling spec by every class in the game. Right now if someone griefs me I have to to find some way to spawn safely, heal, change roles to pyro pvp and then proceed to roflstomp them. How about we just make it so I have a chance in the first place?

Thanks.
    Wait, PvE spec's > PvP spec's in PvP?

Can somebody fix the math on that one, I'm just waaaay too confused by the OP's logic to understand simple things.

Rift Disciple

VERY balanced for groups, my premade of 2 healers & 3 champs destroys people

There is no reason why I should be getting roflstomped in my mage leveling spec by every class in the game.
    This is one of the dumbest things I've read on these forums so far. That, and your name, suggests you're trolling.

So 7/10, not good enough to elude my detective work though.

http://SVentures.guildpower.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fuinir View Post
    Meat shield/meat lance. Meat jousting? Come find out who has the better meat! Lance against Lance!

Telaran

"Balanced for group PvP" = Team with more healers win

Plane Touched

Here's the deal. If you are in a group in a warfront, you can only queue with 4 other friends to join.
    So regardless, you are only going to be playing with 4 friends, and maybe another group of friends or 5 other pug randoms.

It's really hard for you to compare "group pvp" with pugs. It doesn't work. In a pug, most people do what they want to survive, no strategy unless you can work it out before that 30 seconds passes prior to the match starting.

You have to clarify this. Are you saying, every single spec should be able to stand a chance against any other spec? That will never EVER happen in any game as long as there is air on the earth and black holes in space. It's impossible. Clearly and utterly impossible. The most you can do is attempt it, but it will never happen. Ever. Stop dreaming, and start realizing this fact and you will get a lot more sleep at night.

Thanks.
    How about, leveling with a pvp spec that has survivability?
    Sure, you might not be able to level as fast, but what is the difference between changing specs vs. having one spec that you can do both in the same amount of time? That's the real key.

There has to be a build that you could potentially beat an opponent in, while killing things for quests. I know every class can 'finish quests'. Usually a mage with a pet is the way to go, because the ability to heal your pet, and do damage is usually a good combination for killing even mobs 2 levels above you while questing.

Try this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...R.Vtcz0xo.xdbh

Stormcaller for DPS, Elemental for pet, Chloro for heals. I dunno, I don't play a mage myself yet. Try asking in the mage forums on "what's a good spec that can do okay in both PvP and PvE Leveling?" I betcha you'll get a better response.

But to finish up with the whole group pvp thing. Look at games like Aion and Warhammer Online. They have basically one line of gameplay. You pick a class, and that's pretty much what you do. Certain ones play differently, react differently in PvP and PvE, and also counter other classes. That's the group aspect.

The whole point of an MMO is to play with others. Try questing as a group, you will get a lot further, and unless you come across a gank pack, then most players will stay away from two or more of the opposite side.

I think that if you could queue up as a 10 man group for Black Garden as a premade, then it would be a lot better idea of the whole "group balance" scenario. The most you could do right now, is form like a 10 man group, and run around Iron Pine Peaks/Stonefield/Scarwood and just practice the group aspect. Try to work on strategy's, what classes to bring, who does what role.

The game just came out, and i'm pretty sure a lot of people are just testing the waters, and the majority of the people haven't figured out every way to counter every single class yet. While there are some issues with warriors right now, I don't know how to judge whether or not they really are OP or if it's because there's some class that should be next to you while you're fighting to counter balance the damage or what... I don't have that answer.

Try it out, bring a Bard with you for the armor buff/hp buff, play as a Purifier and see what happens. I dunno, try it. There has to be something. If there isn't then ya, it probably just needs to be tweaked. I see no reason why they would never do it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Saicho View Post
    Wait, PvE spec's > PvP spec's in PvP?

Can somebody fix the math on that one, I'm just waaaay too confused by the OP's logic to understand simple things.
    Other people's leveling specs are owning my leveling spec. What is so hard to understand about that? Please let me know if I need to break it down further for you. I can prepare a flow chart, some graphs and will only use words appropriate for your reading comprehension level.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    VERY balanced for groups, my premade of 2 healers & 3 champs destroys people
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
    This is one of the dumbest things I've read on these forums so far. That, and your name, suggests you're trolling.

So 7/10, not good enough to elude my detective work though.
    Thanks for explaining why it was one the dumbest things you've ever read so I could attempt to make you understand where I am coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Here's the deal. If you are in a group in a warfront, you can only queue with 4 other friends to join.
    So regardless, you are only going to be playing with 4 friends, and maybe another group of friends or 5 other pug randoms.

It's really hard for you to compare "group pvp" with pugs. It doesn't work. In a pug, most people do what they want to survive, no strategy unless you can work it out before that 30 seconds passes prior to the match starting.

You have to clarify this. Are you saying, every single spec should be able to stand a chance against any other spec? That will never EVER happen in any game as long as there is air on the earth and black holes in space. It's impossible. Clearly and utterly impossible. The most you can do is attempt it, but it will never happen. Ever. Stop dreaming, and start realizing this fact and you will get a lot more sleep at night.

How about, leveling with a pvp spec that has survivability?
    Sure, you might not be able to level as fast, but what is the difference between changing specs vs. having one spec that you can do both in the same amount of time? That's the real key.

There has to be a build that you could potentially beat an opponent in, while killing things for quests. I know every class can 'finish quests'. Usually a mage with a pet is the way to go, because the ability to heal your pet, and do damage is usually a good combination for killing even mobs 2 levels above you while questing.

Try this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?rift...R.Vtcz0xo.xdbh

Stormcaller for DPS, Elemental for pet, Chloro for heals. I dunno, I don't play a mage myself yet. Try asking in the mage forums on "what's a good spec that can do okay in both PvP and PvE Leveling?" I betcha you'll get a better response.

But to finish up with the whole group pvp thing. Look at games like Aion and Warhammer Online. They have basically one line of gameplay. You pick a class, and that's pretty much what you do. Certain ones play differently, react differently in PvP and PvE, and also counter other classes. That's the group aspect.

The whole point of an MMO is to play with others. Try questing as a group, you will get a lot further, and unless you come across a gank pack, then most players will stay away from two or more of the opposite side.

I think that if you could queue up as a 10 man group for Black Garden as a premade, then it would be a lot better idea of the whole "group balance" scenario. The most you could do right now, is form like a 10 man group, and run around Iron Pine Peaks/Stonefield/Scarwood and just practice the group aspect. Try to work on strategy's, what classes to bring, who does what role.

The game just came out, and i'm pretty sure a lot of people are just testing the waters, and the majority of the people haven't figured out every way to counter every single class yet. While there are some issues with warriors right now, I don't know how to judge whether or not they really are OP or if it's because there's some class that should be next to you while you're fighting to counter balance the damage or what... I don't have that answer.

Try it out, bring a Bard with you for the armor buff/hp buff, play as a Purifier and see what happens. I dunno, try it. There has to be something. If there isn't then ya, it probably just needs to be tweaked. I see no reason why they would never do it.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate the thought. No build with stormcaller as the foundation is ever going to be competitive in 1v1 situations. I level with sc/chloro/archon, btw. The pet is huge waste in your suggestion. It will never hold aggro unless you are fighting 1v1 mobs and it wont survive against elites unless you have 90% of your build wrapped in it.... so whats the point?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sauceage View Post
    1v1 balancing is the worst possible idea in an MMO.

It equates to giving everyone the same stuff. Which makes the game bland.

If you build a pve spec and someone else builds a pvp spec you are going to lose 9 out of 10 times. You cant balance that.
    I have a newsflash for you. This game is already giving everyone everything.

Take a champion for example. Basic dps, right? wrong.
    cc - double check
    aoe fear - check
    best dps by far - check
    gap closers, slows (basically a range character when you add stuns ontop of gap closers) - mega check
    unbalanced - check
    healing - no check? :/
    healing debuff - haha ok, might as well just give them healing - check

Ascendant

Fail kid, no-one has ever said about balancing, but yeah this kind of PVP is more fun when theres lots of people thus more damage, its already lacking so bad in damage. Aion was balanced for 1 on 1 and it was the best, if it works as 1 on 1 it works for everything, give players even chance to take 1 on 2 and you got one awesome PVP.
    Last edited by June; 03-23-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks for explaining why it was one the dumbest things you've ever read so I could attempt to make you understand where I am coming from.
    "Leveling spec" does not fit into anything PvP related that has anything to do with not getting "roflstomped".

http://SVentures.guildpower.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fuinir View Post
    Meat shield/meat lance. Meat jousting? Come find out who has the better meat! Lance against Lance!

Thanks.
    How many Warfronts are 1v1? Isn't that enough proof?

Signed,

A Mage

BTW: If you need help in open world, call on your guild or fellow faction members, this is an MMO, not a single player game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast