+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Without RVR, what's the point?

Default Without RVR, what's the point?

The pvp system is soft. Warfronts are meh @ best and open world pvp is sillly. It's etiehr way carebear or it's gank the guy 10+ levels below you.

Why not add rvr aspects to each region? Who ever controls the battle objectives gets +10% xp in that zone or something, perhaps access to an instance.....DO SOMETHING. Lvl50's need a huge zone entirely dedicated to rvr. This game has a ton of great things going on, I had really hoped some true RVR would be part of the game @ launch, I hope they add it soon.
    Not getting enough Lagina? http://www.twitter.com/MysticalEnders
    - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -- - -- http://www.mysticalenders.com -- - - - - - - - -- -

Shadowlander

the point is players are more unpredictable than mobs.. thats it right now

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lagina View Post
    The pvp system is soft. Warfronts are meh @ best and open world pvp is sillly. It's etiehr way carebear or it's gank the guy 10+ levels below you.

Why not add rvr aspects to each region? Who ever controls the battle objectives gets +10% xp in that zone or something, perhaps access to an instance.....DO SOMETHING. Lvl50's need a huge zone entirely dedicated to rvr. This game has a ton of great things going on, I had really hoped some true RVR would be part of the game @ launch, I hope they add it soon.
    This will need to be addressed if Trion hopes to keep some of the players they have on their PvP servers atm. Only speaking anecdotally I know a good number of DAoC/WAR vets who are here playing but will get burned out fast if there is no real meaning to PvP, other than roaming around killing other players.

The game is barely a month old (I think).. I know we can argue that this should be part of the game already.. but I think we need to show a little more patience.

How much Patience?? that I don't know..but I have to think it's more than a month..

Im not poking at the OP.. I thought your post was actually fair.. but I am seeing a Crap ton of posts lately asking for everything under the sun .. and Trion needs to fix this or that..

I would say if by end of the 3rd month or so.. the community doesn't see enough movement in the right direction then they should start to whine...

Just my opinion.

OP has a point. Normally you run Warfronts to get the PvP levels and play as a team with friends. You then use this experience to move onto RvR and do stuff that affects the entire server community.

Right now, you grind warfronts for a few weeks, get rank 6 prestige, and then what do you do with all your PvP gear?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by nikamax View Post
    The game is barely a month old (I think).. I know we can argue that this should be part of the game already.. but I think we need to show a little more patience.

How much Patience?? that I don't know..but I have to think it's more than a month..

Im not poking at the OP.. I thought your post was actually fair.. but I am seeing a Crap ton of posts lately asking for everything under the sun .. and Trion needs to fix this or that..

I would say if by end of the 3rd month or so.. the community doesn't see enough movement in the right direction then they should start to whine...

Just my opinion.
    -nods-

We do need to be patient. But a couple of things. One, a lot of the players have been playing the game for longer than a month, some for 3-4 months. Trion is going to have to be vocal about their plans for PvP future in the game, because a lot of the PvP folks have played these types of games for a number of years and know exactly what they want and if there isn't some semblance of Trion going in that direction, they won't last long.

To have....fun?
    Even free cost too much now

Open PvP with or without RvR is more lively, I think.

The phrase you want is "surprise content".
    Last edited by exLupo; 03-23-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

Telaran

I have to disagree, wow tried the same thing, it failed. If they want to promote world pvp they should raise the level or come up with a better reward than an instance or XP increase, i mean come on Blizzard did the instance and so did Aion. What Trion needs to do is combine an aspect of the rifts with a way for guilds to achieve fame into a pvp method. Essentially they need to take the best aspect of their game (the thing that makes their game most unique), Combine it with a way for the big pvp guilds to gain fame, (I mean really who likes pvping alone). This could be in an instanced or uninstanced manner, it could have a cap on the people involved or Zerg v Zerg, they just need to make an RvR or even GvG that is UNIQUE!

The same old has been done and repeated and yet the people that love pvp flock to new games looking for that new pvp that will catch their interest for a year or 2. In order to keep the pvpers here Trion needs to not offer the same old like WoW/Aion etc. They need to be innovative with the concepts they already have that offer uniqueness. Aion for example had the dredgion which would have been awesome had they done a bit more work in it (basicly great idea). Lineage 2 and DoAC offered a form of castle sieges for open world PvP, GW offered the player GvG which became some of the ebst most competitive PvP I've watched.

What Trion really needs to work on is inventing a PvP style that incoperates their unique souls and rifts, while providing guilds and players with fame/achievement for their skill in said PvP. Now the objectives could provide bonuses for said guild or faction, but the real honor would be in being the guild that helped the faction achieve that bonus.

They could make rifts that are capturable, or in essence allow for a guild of certain level to anchor the rift to Teleria and allow for a counter assault to happen against the planes, while guardians and defiants would fight over these rift "strong holds" to allow themselves the upper hand in planar essence and crafting material, or planar skills. These rifts would happen in two areas, one in an open world pvp style encounter. Which would involve the entering the rift and fighting against the said planes general while the other faction does the same and upon killing the general a rift anchor would drop. The faction would have to then have someone carry the anchor out of the rift and to a nearby wardstone to stabalize the rift into a Guardian or Defiant Stronghold (barracades and guards then patrol the area) for a said amount of time until the planar general assaults again.

While another instanced forum could happen involving smaller groupsof guilds. Where basiclly the same concept of killing a general and returning the flag (anchor) with the other team trying to capture it from you can occur, but have this only accessable to guilds in a GvG style competition.

Tl : DR

Trion needs to make a new innovative style of pvp while offering guilds fame and decent perks for the faction base to provide faction help in open world pvp (sometimes it takes a bit more then 10% xp)
    Last edited by Ignorant; 03-23-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Wait, so you get pvp levels and guild fame from closing rifts? Dude, really?

The +10% would be in a nice touch in the lower zones, once you get to 50, i would think that Trion should really push RVR/PVP and they'd have a zone dedicated to it with all kinds of incentives.

I guess I miss daoc/warhammer rvr. I love the combat speed and character customization in Rift, wish they it was just a touch more RvRish. I mean, we're waring factions, aren't we? Isn't that a huge part of the backstory? Well lets fight for control of cities/keeps/etc.
    Not getting enough Lagina? http://www.twitter.com/MysticalEnders
    - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -- - -- http://www.mysticalenders.com -- - - - - - - - -- -

Soulwalker

Default Will prolly never come :(

I think they would have advertised more if they were adding this kind of content. We have heard NOTHING about it. I think i will stop living in this dream-world..

We have to just face it, and wait for the next game :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateit View Post
    I think they would have advertised more if they were adding this kind of content. We have heard NOTHING about it. I think i will stop living in this dream-world..

We have to just face it, and wait for the next game :'(
    http://common.allakhazam.com/images/...65b35b1e6e.jpg
    Look at the part which says Port Scion, now look at your ingame map, it's already in the game, they just need to finish whatever is there and open it up.

http://SVentures.guildpower.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fuinir View Post
    Meat shield/meat lance. Meat jousting? Come find out who has the better meat! Lance against Lance!

I feel we could have had a lot of this stuff already here sooner, but Trion got swamped with the account hacking problem.

Now that, that is fixed, and bugs in skills are being squashed, their focus will be on some kind of PvP mechanic.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational View Post
    http://common.allakhazam.com/images/...65b35b1e6e.jpg
    Look at the part which says Port Scion, now look at your ingame map, it's already in the game, they just need to finish whatever is there and open it up.
    Lol awesome. Didnt know. Thanks

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lagina View Post

I've been really curious as to why they stole the "contested" message across the screen as you enter a zone, as if it had any meaning at all. It would be great if that were actually the case and the contest could be won by one of the sides... either completely removing all NPCs and revive spots from the other faction, or giving the winning faction some sort of harvesting/xp/coin drop reward.

I also really think NPCs that are killed should take 10+ minutes to respawn rather than it being near instant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast