+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: OOM in 8 seconds; It's time to nerf Void Knights.

Champion of Telara

Default OOM in 8 seconds; It's time to nerf Void Knights.

8 seconds from the time the first mana draining ability is used to cleric being OOM. I also did not play optimally (could have used another mana drain finisher to oom him even faster). The cleric is level 50 in 100% full PvE epics (IE: His mana pool/regen are as good as you can get right now)

All this requires is 3 GCDS - one of which can be activated before Riftwalking/Pulling them in. Also, I did not use the channeled mana drain.

Anyone who defends this is just a complete idiot. You can train VK's all you want, they'll get your Cleric OOM before they die - and that's assuming they don't have teammates.

They have a ton of ways to get to their target along with ranged mana drains even if they for some reason can't, as well as near complete immunity to magic CC if they use their abilities correctly (6 second complete immunity to magic, 15 second cooldown).

The effectiveness of VK mana drains simply need massive nerfs. Thank you for reading friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wW-DJfmvxM
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Valor will fix it. Wait, what?

Prophet of Telara

Have you fought a cleric when a bard is assisting them with Verse of Joy? A warden or two able to use cascade on them from 35 metre range? Does this still seem as Over powered?
    Can you show a video of you mana draining them to oom and then killing them with your VK mana drain build.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    Have you fought a cleric when a bard is assisting them with Verse of Joy? A warden or two able to use cascade on them from 35 metre range? Does this still seem as Over powered?
    Can you show a video of you mana draining them to oom and then killing them with your VK mana drain build.
    Ok guys, we've got the counter to 1 Void Knight. 1 Cleric+9 Wardens sitting 35 yards away ready to rotate their 15% mana return cooldown.

After rerolling cleric, I can agree that VK mana burn is a lil out of control. If you're playing with competent players who know how to peel it isnt nearly as bad.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Cmon man? You take away all his abilties he can use in a matter of seconds, and you want to talk about strats and "what ifs"

Seems pretty broke to me. 8 seconds? No more mana? That's ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Prophet of Telara

How much cc immunity does the VK have. Lets assume a Dominator is lurking nearby?

What is going to be awesome is that when Champs are nerfed you are going to see a ton more VKs rolling around!

Good clerics already know about positioning and range, bad clerics will make forum posts about how they aren't able to stand out in the open spamming heals.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    Ok guys, we've got the counter to 1 Void Knight. 1 Cleric+9 Wardens sitting 35 yards away ready to rotate their 15% mana return cooldown.
    Exactly...just L2P. Anyone knows the best way to handle a VK is to isolate him 10 on 1...you still lose all your mana but the VK does end up dead

Champion of Telara

How much cc immunity does the VK have. Lets assume a Dominator is lurking nearby?
    Your counter to a VK is a *DOMINATOR*?

I think you should at least know what VK abilities do before posting.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    What is going to be awesome is that when Champs are nerfed you are going to see a ton more VKs rolling around!

Good clerics already know about positioning and range, bad clerics will make forum posts about how they aren't able to stand out in the open spamming heals.
    I'm far better than you at this game
    and
    I'm a warrior
    and
    I mana drain clerics who are far better than you at this game

Shadowlander

Firstly, it was 14 seconds, not 8.
    Secondly he used all cooldowns.
    Moreover, all the cooldown skills he used apart from sink are SINGLE target.
    Also, he needs to be in melee range for all that 14seconds uninterrupted.
    Lastly, so all that is assuming the cleric or his team doesnt do anything at all and just stands there so he can mana drain 1 target to 200-300mana left.

300 mana is plenty to cast a few heals or one of the mana regen abilities, also it takes 1 purge, silence, stun, root, fear or sleep to totally break 3/4 of that mana drain to single target.

If you or your team doesn't go AFK you will get no more than half mana drain, and thats using 2min cooldown and on just 1 target, unlike many claim it being 5k mana drain for 10ppl under 10seconds.

The same cleric could stun you from 30 feet away and /lol at you trying to get close for the whole game.

Prophet of Telara

Your counter to a VK is a *DOMINATOR*?

I think you should at least know what VK abilities do before posting.
    so spell breaker gives 6 seconds immunity to magic effects when 2/2 in residual absorption. SB has a 15 sec CD. there's a window of 9 seconds to which the VK is vulnerable to magic effects. Lets just assume the Dominator is predominantly warlock has the AE instant fear and stun and recognises the buffs on the VK. Maybe you need a new OP+HAX video proving me wrong.

I'm far better than you at this game
    and
    I'm a warrior
    and
    I mana drain clerics who are far better than you at this game
    easy faction....

But srsly I agree 100%. Currently tho I am more worried about the new balance changes and some new pvp content. The mana drain is hard to counter, but I roll around with good peeling classes and a Bard, so I have yet to be drained to zero.

I normally just time my knock back with my RB friends root thats physical and doesnt break on damage, normally it gives me time to either drink or just run off.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by PHOENlX View Post
    Firstly, it was 14 seconds, not 8.
    Secondly he used all cooldowns.
    Moreover, all the cooldown skills he used apart from sink are SINGLE target.
    Also, he needs to be in melee range for all that 14seconds uninterrupted.
    Lastly, so all that is assuming the cleric or his team doesnt do anything at all and just stands there so he can mana drain 1 target to 200-300mana left.

300 mana is plenty to cast a few heals or one of the mana regen abilities, also it takes 1 purge, silence, stun, root, fear or sleep to totally break 3/4 of that mana drain to single target.

If you or your team doesn't go AFK you will get no more than half mana drain, and thats using 2min cooldown and on just 1 target, unlike many claim it being 5k mana drain for 10ppl under 10seconds.

The same cleric could stun you from 30 feet away and /lol at you trying to get close for the whole game.

The DUEL LENGTH is 14 seconds. The time from him being hit once to him being oom is 8. Also I can't ****ing believe that your counter to VK's is apparently "WELL, YOU STILL HAVE 300 MANA LEFT". WTF?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast