+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for Warfront balance : Narrow the lvl Gap.

Soulwalker

Default Suggestion for Warfront balance : Narrow the lvl Gap.

Hey guys ,
    i find the 10 level gap for each bracket of Warfronts a bit too big don't u think ?

If Trion could tweak it so that the warfronts were in brackets ranges of 5 levels

eg lvl 10 - 15
    16- 20
    21-25
    26-30

Or something of that nature , would make the Warfront PvP a more skill based environment rather than the big guys
    picking on the lowbies and downing them in a mere 2 - 3 seconds. I believe a tweak like this
    would change the atmosphere of a Warfront and centre it more around the objective rather than
    complete Clusterf*cks like they are now.

Thank you for hearing my point.

I hope some authorized personnel from Trion would actually take into consideration my suggestion,
    and hopefully it could be implicated sometime in the near future. It is simply my suggestion to benefit the PvP aspect of the game.

EDIT - If you LIKE this idea and wish for it to have some attention from the devs for the possibility of it being implicated PLEASE RATE THIS THREAD !

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Whipmyhair; 03-23-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whipmyhair View Post
    Hey guys ,
    i find the 10 level gap for each bracket of Warfronts a bit too big don't u think ?

If Trion could tweak it so that the warfronts were in brackets ranges of 5 levels

eg lvl 10 - 15
    16- 20
    21-25
    26-30

Or something of that nature , would make the Warfront PvP a more skill based environment rather than the big guys
    picking on the lowbies and downing them in a mere 2 - 3 seconds. I believe a tweak like this
    would change the atmosphere of a Warfront and centre it more around the objective rather than
    complete Clusterf*cks like they are now.

Thank you for hearing my point.

I hope some authorized personnel from Trion would actually take into consideration my suggestion,
    and hopefully it could be implicated sometime in the near future. It is simply my suggestion to benefit the PvP aspect of the game.

EDIT - If you LIKE this idea and wish for it to have some attention from the devs for the possibility of it being implicated PLEASE RATE THIS THREAD !

Thanks!!
    rated, and I wish they would. I dont think they will though. I get the impression that they are over worked on pve, and just don't have the time for pvp stuff.

I can live with it, I knew rift was a pve game going in. One can always hope though.

Then queue times would be insanely long for those where it's already long.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aeramis View Post
    Then queue times would be insanely long for those where it's already long.
    Yeah , but keep in mind that people are still starting the game out. People are still leveling. The end-game swarm of players is soon to come , and possibly when that happens , this could be implicated.

Rift Chaser

Don't people on the lower end of the spectrum get a mild buff? I think I remember seeing one on me before.

If not: I think it would be a potentially better solution than the smaller brackets. WoW did this with cataclysm, and it basically made me not ever queue during levelling because I was always in a different bracket than the people I was leveling with.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos View Post
    Don't people on the lower end of the spectrum get a mild buff? I think I remember seeing one on me before.

If not: I think it would be a potentially better solution than the smaller brackets. WoW did this with cataclysm, and it basically made me not ever queue during levelling because I was always in a different bracket than the people I was leveling with.
    Yes, they do. It's called "Ascended Courage" and it buffs a player's base stats as though they were level x7 for the bracket. So a level 30 player entering a warfront would be buffed to have the base stats of a level 37 player. The buff doesn't account for gear or upgraded ranks of abilities, but it does allow them to contribute. At level 42 now with my rogue, I have no difficulty contributing to warfronts. I definitely notice when I'm up against someone who is level 48/49, but it's not nearly as bad as it would be without the buff.

+ Reply to Thread