+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Its official: Incoming Nerfs to Warriors, Sabs and buffs for mages.

Thumbs up Its official: Incoming Nerfs to Warriors, Sabs and buffs for mages.

This information was posted on another thread a few hours ago but since most still dont know about it here you go

Coming straight from the man himself:

"* We are aware of the concerns about DPS warriors reigning supreme, and we’ve tracked the issue down to a couple of talents that have been seriously misbehaving. In order to not swing the pendulum completely in the opposite direction we do need to tweak a variety of other DPS abilities as well.

* As promised Mages will be seeing a general bump in both survability and DPS, as well as a few additional tweaks that will be helpful in PVP. That being said please don’t expect to see a massive boost, Mages definitely needed some love, but at the same time some of that comes from tuning down other calling builds that were too good.

* Saboteurs will also be getting some tweaks, we want to keep the tic.tic…tic….. BOOM game play that makes the saboteur so interesting and exciting, but there were definitely combinations of talents and abilities that were taking things a bit too far.

While the above covers some of the high level concerns there are numerous other changes in the pipe that we are working on, and hopefully in the next couple of days Sweet and his crew will be able to stop by and fill you in with more info, and possibly full patch notes as well."

Read the original thread here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-vs-Hot-fixes

Hope this will tone down all the

More news at 11

Great news ..i think flame spear will be nerfed to the ground ..that spamable fire range attack is sick and OOP for a tank class..

At least we know that trion is care about balance pvp and i hope in time we will have a great balance pvp .GJ Trion
    Last edited by Cyborg; 03-23-2011 at 04:01 AM.

Sad thing is, this thread and my own will get lost in the QQ threads on this forum =(

You know, all this yammering about warriors being so OP and super difficult to even damage has not been my experience playing a warrior. I started playing the Champ/RB/Paladin role, with most of the points distributed on Champ and RB. Lemme tell ya, after days and days of playing like this, and with an armor value well into the green, he is still extremely soft vs on level players and npc's. It amazes me that a character in plate armor can be reduced to half his health by two ordinary mobs. If I don't get the drop on'em right off then my victory in the fight is definitely iffy.

Yes, if I do get the drop and the crits come out nice I can drop a player down to 25% of his/her health in 2 to 3 shots. If I don't....I stand a very good chance of going down fast. The armor value means almost nothing, or so it seems. So these players griping about how they keep getting owned by warriors just don't seem to know what they are doing. I lost three times in row to a necro yesterday fair and square in open world pvp. I almost got him once with a good crit, but he uber healed and had his pet all over me.

He then did what he knew to do: slowed me, and then kited me till I died. LOL He stayed out of range of my Bullrush and RB break skill. If you ask me the pets are quite a bit too tough at higher levels. I tried taking his dual wielding skeleton out, but even after a solid crit on it it dropped from around 1901 health to about 900 health. That blew my mind. Normally it would have put that thing down to half, easily. Some kind of buff? I don't know, but fighting a pet user is just like fighting two players at the same time.

Anyway, my point is that, experientially, I just don't see this so called squishiness of mages and unsurpassable armor defense of warrios. Not in actual 1v1 pvp.

Banned

if you fail as a 2 button mashing champ leave the game now - there is no easier more overpowered class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Great news ..i think flame spear will be nerfed to the ground ..that spamable fire range attack is sick and OOP for a tank class..

At least we know that trion is care about balance pvp and i hope in time we will have a great balance pvp .GJ Trion
    I doubt it, flame spear only works on warriors from my experiance, earth spear will get hit harder me thinks turned into slow. silence doesnt make a full healer die so i doubt that will get nerfed hammer either
    The Guardians are short sighted zealots who refuse to see the bigger picture, and the Defiant are so focused on the bigger picture that they take enormous risks.
    -- Renashin

Taffu's Epic Post http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...41#post1944341

Champion of Telara

Hope you guys realize they're buffing champs in other areas after they fix the bugged talents. Champ/Riftblade will just get stronger~
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Torchhammer View Post
    You know, all this yammering about warriors being so OP and super difficult to even damage has not been my experience playing a warrior. I started playing the Champ/RB/Paladin role, with most of the points distributed on Champ and RB. Lemme tell ya, after days and days of playing like this, and with an armor value well into the green, he is still extremely soft vs on level players and npc's. It amazes me that a character in plate armor can be reduced to half his health by two ordinary mobs. If I don't get the drop on'em right off then my victory in the fight is definitely iffy.

Yes, if I do get the drop and the crits come out nice I can drop a player down to 25% of his/her health in 2 to 3 shots. If I don't....I stand a very good chance of going down fast. The armor value means almost nothing, or so it seems. So these players griping about how they keep getting owned by warriors just don't seem to know what they are doing. I lost three times in row to a necro yesterday fair and square in open world pvp. I almost got him once with a good crit, but he uber healed and had his pet all over me.

He then did what he knew to do: slowed me, and then kited me till I died. LOL He stayed out of range of my Bullrush and RB break skill. If you ask me the pets are quite a bit too tough at higher levels. I tried taking his dual wielding skeleton out, but even after a solid crit on it it dropped from around 1901 health to about 900 health. That blew my mind. Normally it would have put that thing down to half, easily. Some kind of buff? I don't know, but fighting a pet user is just like fighting two players at the same time.

Anyway, my point is that, experientially, I just don't see this so called squishiness of mages and unsurpassable armor defense of warrios. Not in actual 1v1 pvp.
    So wait. You say armor value doesn't seem to make a difference, then use a fight versus a SPELLCASTING CLASS to justify it? What kind of MMORPG fan are you? Bad logic, bad player. (no offense)

I can't wait to see how stupid balance gets in a few months if trion starts holding the qqers hands every time they die in a warfront.
    I'm that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaiahMustafa View Post
    So wait. You say armor value doesn't seem to make a difference, then use a fight versus a SPELLCASTING CLASS to justify it? What kind of MMORPG fan are you? Bad logic, bad player. (no offense)
    Ha ha ha ha ha! Did you even read what I posted? This has nothing to do with logic at all. The dude managed to keep me slowed, even with my break frees, and simply stayed out of range of me. I'm not trying to justify anything. Even against lvl 40 npc's (my current lvl) if I get more than two mobs on me at the same time my health goes down fast. They almost always die but not without a serious whipping on my part. What an offensive and thick person you are. No offense intended.

Quote Originally Posted by ChyeaBull View Post
    I can't wait to see how stupid balance gets in a few months if trion starts holding the qqers hands every time they die in a warfront.
    And what has this got to do with what I posted? Just exaclty how did you translate that as QQ'ing?

Ha! Did he actually describe sab playstyle as 'exciting' rofl
    Iv spent 90% of my entire wealth on alcohol and women

The other 10% was wasted

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    Hope you guys realize they're buffing champs in other areas after they fix the bugged talents. Champ/Riftblade will just get stronger~
    If you're not bad. I for one am not worried about this being the case, ever.

Rift Disciple

You know, all this yammering about warriors being so OP and super difficult to even damage has not been my experience playing a warrior...

He then did what he knew to do: slowed me, and then kited me till I died. LOL He stayed out of range of my Bullrush and RB break skill. If you ask me the pets are quite a bit too tough at higher levels.

Dropping someone to 25% of their health in 2 to 3 shots is something most mage classes (pyro excepted) could only dream of...admittedly, accepting that the Champion tree is the warrior version of pyro and designed to pull off that kind of trick or die trying.

Warlock/Necro has a lot of nice self-healing and some nasty tricks that make it a robust PvP spec, particularly in 1v1...providing that you don't get stunned as the only cc breaker available would be via the PvP soul (assuming its your third pick). Necro only has the one slow ability, which is pet reliant - although a few points in Warlock or Chloro (I forget which) gives you a directed slow attack. We also lack effective stun options - they only buy us a second or two at best.

I'm surprised you find your health plummeting quickly - both Warlock and Necro require time to set up damage increase abilities and dots. Its more usual to see virtually no health impact in the initial stage of the fight (unless they're using rift-drop items), followed by a thunderous smack over 10s or so when it all comes together. My experience is that this is only enough to take down about 50% of a warrior's health at most.

If you survive that, the mage is pretty much back to square one and once their defensive abilities are on cooldown, they're a horribly easy target. Generally speaking, if you close with a Warlock/Necro in melee and/or you have a strong defensive boost that you use at the right time, then its a death sentence for them.

I personally find warriors, champs especially, to be lethal to me more often than not - I can't kill them fast enough to prevent a melee encounter, which I inevitably lose. Clerics are similar. Being able to silence them at a critical moment gives a slightly better tactical situation - although I'd say I still die more than I win.

Rogues murder me if they get the jump on me, but chances are they'll die if they don't. Other mages are more hit and miss, as you'd expect. The right souls will bring me down easily, the wrong ones will struggle.

The problem for me, without respeccing to a new soul combo is that I'm likely to die to 50% of the classes in the game, have an odds-on win/lose chance with 25%, and be reliant on situational factors to regularly kill the remaining 25%.

So on balance, I can expect to die more often than I win (assuming an equal class/soul distribution) unless I get the jump on people or have support. Which is consistent with what's happened over the past two weeks.

Talking about suppot, I'm ironically an offensive class - my only support abilities are from a few points in Chloro, so its a slightly odd situation. Trion's comments about rebalancing seem about right - my soul(s) in particular don't need a massive buff, but they do need a little bit of love (and arguably some tactical nerfing) so that more fights are close-run battles rather than dead certs one way or the other.

There is your problem. You aren't abusing bugged para skillz.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast