+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The major problem with Warfronts that most do not know about.

Soulwalker

Post The major problem with Warfronts that most do not know about.

Defiant players joins War fronts just to lose horridly and most seem to not care, only the ones that speak out do but the real problem with us is the fact that we are being played! Now we face the guardians with pre-made teams, okay, fine, pre-made give great challenge and that is understandable but when it is used wrongly it become a huge problem and this is why.

A lot of guardian players have more than one account on several severs and this is manly use for pvp war-fronts, These guardian join a War-front as a pre-made and also join on there alts as Defiant players(gimp pre-made) from another sever, these fake Defiant purposely give the wins to the Guardian friends by ( going AFk, running to the far back of the starting base, no healer, if healer no heals, not picking up flag/fang, avoiding contact with the enemy fang carrier, dancing etc) and they are starting to talk openly about it in War-fronts as I seen today with a screen shot.

So how can this be fix Trion? it is hurting the pvp hugely

I had suspicious feelings that this would eventually happen...

Unfortunately, there's no way to stop people from having multiple accounts. In fact, I'm sure Trion would encourage it as it brings in more money.

Not really sure what, if any, fixes can be made to this ridiculous strategy...
    Last edited by Paxton; 03-23-2011 at 03:34 AM.

You don't need multiple accounts to do this.

For some reason Trion thought it would be cool, especially on PvP servers, to allow people to play both factions.

Got an open char slot? Go ahead and try it yourself.

Also, the terrain around Codex, in Codex, is broken and heavily favors Guardians... I honestly don't understand why this hasn't been fixed yet.

1 example is Guardians being able to run right up the front of the ledge on Defiant side to immediately get to ranged classes sitting up there... Defiants have to practically go all the way around to get up on the Guardian's ledge.
    Last edited by Kromzor; 03-23-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Soulwalker

They can lock us to one faction, each class we create as alts will stay that faction. What we pick from start stay locked until deleted, that will fix the problem.

So, you are saying that people either daulboxing like crazies or skipping playtime by logging an alt on the other side only to afk warfronts for friends? Ser.. .are you seriously serious?

But ok, if this would be the case.. as there probably is a few numbnuts that are cappable of something like that .. how would they time it so that they meet themselfs or their friends? Its not like you choose your opponent?!
    Ajee
    < Bring Your Own Popcorn >

Mmpopcorn!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kromzor View Post
    You don't need multiple accounts to do this.

For some reason Trion thought it would be cool, especially on PvP servers, to allow people to play both factions.

Got an open char slot? Go ahead and try it yourself.

Also, the terrain around Codex, in Codex, is broken and heavily favors Guardians... I honestly don't understand why this hasn't been fixed yet.

1 example is Guardians being able to run right up the front of the ledge on Defiant side to immediately get to ranged classes sitting up there... Defiants have to practically go all the way around to get up on the Guardian's ledge.
    that's what I mean.

Shadowlander

Even if people don't dualbox or play an alt to "throw" games, there is a snowball effect also. Good pvpers get fed up with defiant and make a guardian toon. The record for making a level 50 is like 2 days played, right? Not a big loss to reroll.

there is also cross realming going on. As long as they allow a defiant and guardian to be rolled on same server, person would log into both accounts and then queue up, and report where everybody is in the WF.
    dumb idea Trion.

ahh. didn't see the other posts re: this before posting. sorry
    Last edited by Luhgnut; 03-23-2011 at 03:58 AM.

While I can see the concern this could cause for PvP players, please don't penalize non-PvP players who like to experience the full content of the game. I paid for the full game, I don't want to be confined to playing only half of it.

Locking us in on one side or the other is a bad idea.

Please don't let this become another situation where all the non-PvP players suffer because PvP players complain about something not being fair.

Azeroth? Been there, done that.

Yup, I've been hearing alot about this aswell. They are openly admitting to doing this. They grab the flag and go to the Guardian side or just auto attack something. FIX this, You can go the entire night and not win a single match.
    Last edited by SwordSaint; 03-23-2011 at 04:20 AM.
    Me killing you in your WFs
    Whats Left of Rift PVP Community: Average Players with Uber gear and bots
    Visualize lvl 50 Rogue
    ZinCarla lvl 50 Warrior
    Contender lvl 30 Cleric

Rift Disciple

If one account has one char on each faction then obviously cant be logged on to both chars at the same time.

If one player holds 2 accounts Trion cant do anything about restricting the faction choices.

I find hard to believe that the described case is spread wide enough to cause an effect such as Guardians are responsible for Defiants losing Warfronts (lol). Actually I find hard to believe that such a case actually exists even in minimal dimensions of 2 or 3 players in total across all servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldDemon View Post
    As for the die thing, well you intend to finish all warfronts without dieing not even once?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise View Post
    Yes, I pretty much am that good.

Quote Originally Posted by BoldDemon View Post
    If one account has one char on each faction then obviously cant be logged on to both chars at the same time.

If one player holds 2 accounts Trion cant do anything about restricting the faction choices.

I find hard to believe that the described case is spread wide enough to cause an effect such as Guardians are responsible for Defiants losing Warfronts (lol). Actually I find hard to believe that such a case actually exists even in minimal dimensions of 2 or 3 players in total across all servers.
    Hehe, yeah indeed.
    Ajee
    < Bring Your Own Popcorn >

Mmpopcorn!

OP show your SS

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfigure View Post
    Defiant players joins War fronts just to lose horridly and most seem to not care, only the ones that speak out do but the real problem with us is the fact that we are being played! Now we face the guardians with pre-made teams, okay, fine, pre-made give great challenge and that is understandable but when it is used wrongly it become a huge problem and this is why.

A lot of guardian players have more than one account on several severs and this is manly use for pvp war-fronts, These guardian join a War-front as a pre-made and also join on there alts as Defiant players(gimp pre-made) from another sever, these fake Defiant purposely give the wins to the Guardian friends by ( going AFk, running to the far back of the starting base, no healer, if healer no heals, not picking up flag/fang, avoiding contact with the enemy fang carrier, dancing etc) and they are starting to talk openly about it in War-fronts as I seen today with a screen shot.

So how can this be fix Trion? it is hurting the pvp hugely

I have yet to participate in any Warfront so I am not sure how prevalent this is, but I can see how this could be a huge problem for players who actually want to enjoy group PvP content. It seems that the only way to fix this would be a much harsher AFK penalty as well as lessening the period of time that constitutes AFK in Warfronts. While people who have to go AFK would be negatively impacted by that it would also force them to think ahead before joining an event will necessarily impact every other player. I just can't see any other way around this than Trion being incredibly aggressive.

On a different note, it would be great it people stopped using the term 'pre-made' as some sort of vulgar word. There isn't anything wrong with a group of people who choose to play together regularly joining a Warfront or anything else as a group, they simply have an advantage where the group that is made of random people simply does not have said advantage.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Alchanios View Post
    While I can see the concern this could cause for PvP players, please don't penalize non-PvP players who like to experience the full content of the game. I paid for the full game, I don't want to be confined to playing only half of it.

Locking us in on one side or the other is a bad idea.
    The 'worst case' from this perspective would be locking players to a single side only on the shards that are connected via WFs, so that if you rolled Defiant on shard (a) then you wouldn't be able to roll Guardian on shards (a), (b) or (c) because they're in the same shard group.

There would be nothing stopping you rolling Guardian on any of the other shards in the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast