+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Get rid of Defiant vs. Guardian for Warfront

Telaran

Default Get rid of Defiant vs. Guardian for Warfront

You can already talk to the other side, so just make it random teams for warfronts and pair defiants with guardians. This will get rid of queue times and get rid of the major imbalance between sides.

Also, premades should only go up against other premades.

Rift Disciple

go away please

Quote Originally Posted by FrankyFastHands View Post
    You can already talk to the other side, so just make it random teams for warfronts and pair defiants with guardians. This will get rid of queue times and get rid of the major imbalance between sides.

Just to save everyone from having to make sense of this...

"Hi, I like playing games with stories where two sides are at war with each other, and the outcome of this war will determine the fate of their world's existence, but I ALSO want them to be SUPER FRIENDLY to each other."

No, it doesnt make sense. Even on a PvE server. Guess what? Wars aren't ALWAYS between nations with different languages. Having a common language doesnt mean anything as to whether they like or dislike the other faction. If you want to Roleplay a Hippymancer, you sure can! But don't expect the NPC guards in the opposing faction's city to welcome you with open arms. In the game, there are factions with BOTH groups working together. The Guardians and Defiants are just two groups (albeit the most influencial and powerful).

Telaran

I agree and have posted this idea more than once
    Noella <PvP Goods>

Because that makes zero sense lore wise?

Quote Originally Posted by briskojr View Post
    Lolore, wow learned to corner around (stampede) lore in sacrifice to
    Better gameplay mechanics and utilities that didn't make sense lore wise but were very convenient to the customers. Trion will wise up to that, you just watch. And if anyone quits over it stepping on lore's toes, I'm sure the cost benefit analysis will show it to be much more beneficial still. For every lore nerd there's 5 people who haven't read a single quest who would want faster Que times.
    Last edited by manoka; 03-22-2011 at 01:48 PM. Reason: lolore

In the spirit of this community, I will first insult you. Now I will carefully craft and articulate my opinion while insulting you a little more. And to finish off I will attempt to draw you into a huge back and forth argument by throwing this strawman into your face!

Nah, but this could work, but they would have to design a separate warfront for it and give a reason as to why the two have decided to bond together and fight each other. It could be something like a gladiatorial game, or some kind of hunt for a couple of mercenary leagues.. But it could work..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Two things decide pvp matches right now - pure healers and champions. Both need to be toned down, neither has anything to do with whether or not there's too much cc and not enough immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by manoka View Post
    Lolore, wow learned to corner around (stampede) lore in sacrifice to
    Better gameplay mechanics and utilities that didn't make sense lore wise but were very convenient to the customers. Trion will wise up to that, you just watch. And if anyone quits over it stepping on lore's toes, I'm sure the cost benefit analysis will show it to be much more beneficial still. For every lore nerd there's 5 people who haven't read a single quest who would want faster Que times.

I'm more of a pvp nerd, don't read quests either. However, mixing factions for WF's won't happen. Why? Because it's a faction based MMO. I doubt they'd let the game become a joke to it's playerbase. They can shuffle battlegroups around to fine tune queue's.

Rift Disciple

Yeah and various instanced incarnation of CTF make so much sense lore wise!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_MadMax View Post
    Yeah and various instanced incarnation of CTF make so much sense lore wise!
    True, but there's no reason to piss, ****, and wipe your *** all over it.

****, can just go play team fortress or some ****. PvP is no fun when you can't absolutely hate the other faction. THAT makes sense lore wise.
    Last edited by briskojr; 03-22-2011 at 02:25 PM.

True, but there's no reason to piss, ****, and wipe your *** all over it.

****, can just go play team fortress or some ****. PvP is no fun when you can't absolutely hate the other faction. THAT makes sense lore wise.
    *facepalm*
    Imnotevenmad.jpg

Soulwalker

Faction games are stupid. I honestly don't even see what benefit there is in splitting entire servers in half, and why you can't group with other players on a PvE server. Why not base PvP around guilds or or go for a L2 style instead? Surely there's a way to make a PvP game without isolating half the server.

I'm also tired of seeing one side get loaded and watching servers die out. I see people complaining about it in WoW battlegrounds, but it's also the same thing that happened in Aion and every faction game I've ever played. PvP in Aion is dead right now because every single server is stacked for one faction or the other. Fort sieges don't even exist anymore and the losing sides rapidly unsubscribed or transferred.

I think they majorly screwed up with this. Rift is trying to be too many things at once. It's even WORSE than other faction-based PvP games because it has no objectives, and the factions restrict PvE as well.

Quote Originally Posted by manoka View Post
    *facepalm*
    Imnotevenmad.jpg

Meme spam, nice. Especially when they don't apply.
    Last edited by briskojr; 03-22-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Meme spam, nice. Especially when they don't apply.
    y u mad tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodname View Post
    Faction games are stupid. I honestly don't even see what benefit there is in splitting entire servers in half, and why you can't group with other players on a PvE server. Why not base PvP around guilds or or go for a L2 style instead? Surely there's a way to make a PvP game without isolating half the server.

I'm also tired of seeing one side get loaded and watching servers die out. I see people complaining about it in WoW battlegrounds, but it's also the same thing that happened in Aion and every faction game I've ever played. PvP in Aion is dead right now because every single server is stacked for one faction or the other. Fort sieges don't even exist anymore and the losing sides rapidly unsubscribed or transferred.

I think they majorly screwed up with this. Rift is trying to be too many things at once. It's even WORSE than other faction-based PvP games because it has no objectives, and the factions restrict PvE as well.
    Yeah but it is what it is, they made no secret from the start that this was a faction game. Going in on the hope that may change probably not a good idea.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast