+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: End Game = Boring

Telaran

Default End Game = Boring

So I've been level 50 for a few weeks now, and there is nothing to do. I don't have a whole lot of interest in Rift Green Molten Core or whatever it is that people are raiding, I just want to PvP with my friends.

I'm not *****ing about **** being imba or classes needing fixes, I just have little to no desire to log in for the following reasons.

1.) No Queue as a raid - On our shard we get rolled as defiance every warfront. I wouldn't care about this if I could put my own raid together to Queue up against the Guardians and somewhat control my own destiny. When I am forced to solo Queue or max 5 man and watch people sit AFK in the graveyard or just be completely terrible it makes me not want to play warfronts anymore, so I don't.

2.) World PvP sucks in this game - If the developers wanted some sort of DAoC zone where people could roam and fight for objectives like keeps (nobody really cared about keeps in DAoC, they were just to get the action going) then the world PvP could be really fun. Nobody roams the world in 5 mans, and I have little interest in ganking the **** out of people all day long, griefing isn't fun for anyone involved.

3.) No point to the grind - Whats the point in the grind of the gear? What do I get for prestige rank 5? I can plow 10000 warfronts, get all my gear and then....Queue up for more warfronts? The whole system seems poorly put together with little thought for the endgame. Before morons start posting in this thread "Well WoW didn't have a system when it first came out" blah blah blah, this is 2011. RIFT people, you had a 6 year head start to take all the good ideas from WoW, implement them, and leave out all the bad ones.

I wouldn't have cared if you had gone the route of Arena, or DAoC world PvP, or rated warfronts (Arena), or some new RIFT system that was all new and you wanted to try out. But to give the players nothing was pretty ****ty, I am depressed and bored with this game.

60 bucks down the drain, chalk it up to a loss, next time finish your game before you release it and maybe everyone won't quit.

RIFT = Warhammer 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanadyr View Post
    So I've been level 50 for a few weeks now, and there is nothing to do. I don't have a whole lot of interest in Rift Green Molten Core or whatever it is that people are raiding, I just want to PvP with my friends.

I'm not *****ing about **** being imba or classes needing fixes, I just have little to no desire to log in for the following reasons.

1.) No Queue as a raid - On our shard we get rolled as defiance every warfront. I wouldn't care about this if I could put my own raid together to Queue up against the Guardians and somewhat control my own destiny. When I am forced to solo Queue or max 5 man and watch people sit AFK in the graveyard or just be completely terrible it makes me not want to play warfronts anymore, so I don't.

2.) World PvP sucks in this game - If the developers wanted some sort of DAoC zone where people could roam and fight for objectives like keeps (nobody really cared about keeps in DAoC, they were just to get the action going) then the world PvP could be really fun. Nobody roams the world in 5 mans, and I have little interest in ganking the **** out of people all day long, griefing isn't fun for anyone involved.

3.) No point to the grind - Whats the point in the grind of the gear? What do I get for prestige rank 5? I can plow 10000 warfronts, get all my gear and then....Queue up for more warfronts? The whole system seems poorly put together with little thought for the endgame. Before morons start posting in this thread "Well WoW didn't have a system when it first came out" blah blah blah, this is 2011. RIFT people, you had a 6 year head start to take all the good ideas from WoW, implement them, and leave out all the bad ones.

I wouldn't have cared if you had gone the route of Arena, or DAoC world PvP, or rated warfronts (Arena), or some new RIFT system that was all new and you wanted to try out. But to give the players nothing was pretty ****ty, I am depressed and bored with this game.

60 bucks down the drain, chalk it up to a loss, next time finish your game before you release it and maybe everyone won't quit.

RIFT = Warhammer 2.0?

Cool story.
    I'm that guy.

Ascendant

Go back to Warhammer.

But let me say this Rift is going to be success and THAT is enough reason to grind, unlike some fail Warhammer as devs gave up after 2 first week. So dont grind in fail MMORPGs.
    Last edited by June; 03-22-2011 at 11:55 AM.

All relatively true, I hear the pve is pretty good. But I will never do that boring *** ****.

dunno, healing atm is more fun than cata healing in wow, which actually became challenging compared to tbc/LOLK

every calling has something thats stupid OP you obviously arent playing as one of them.

Shadowlander

I'm still hoping for some kind of implementation, but I'm of your same exact opinion. I'm starting to realize 2 things on this game:

- Not only it is a PvE focused game, it is a PvE game only with some sort of side PvP.
    - The game is designed to take aboard the people that were getting frustrated by the "difficulty" of the PvP in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by donut001 View Post
    dunno, healing atm is more fun than cata healing in wow, which actually became challenging compared to tbc/LOLK

every calling has something thats stupid OP you obviously arent playing as one of them.
    If you read his post you would know he wasnt QQing about OP stuff.

Lets see, you outleveled everyone and are shocked there is no world pvp. Follow that up with you want to roll pugs in warfronts as a full raid.

That is all well and good, but you may not find what you are looking for in this game.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by donut001 View Post

The OP thingy is not even my main issue, by the way, as a Rogue I would be supposed to play Saboter, which is the most ******ed 2 button-boring bull**** soul of them all. I tried to play it and couldn't.
    I simply hate its gameplay.

Ascendant

I am kind of apprehensive about the end game PvP. I do not do warfronts at all, so they do not concern me, however, the lack of anything of permanence in the open world PvP causes me to wonder if there is going to be any motivating factor to it.

I have really enjoyed the PvP so far that I have been involved in and I am only level 39. But we run invasion stopper groups and in the process engage any defiant we come across. The fights are never the same, and sometimes little wars can break out as word gets around in the zone about the fights.

So, I am wondering if this will continue through 50 and after, and if it's really even a possibility to sack the other factions city. Anyway, I'm enjoying it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by xBlackLotusx View Post
    The OP thingy is not even my main issue, by the way, as a Rogue I would be supposed to play Saboter, which is the most ******ed 2 button-boring bull**** soul of them all. I tried to play it and couldn't.
    I simply hate its gameplay.
    seems fun to me, to be honest. being able to drop a sick nuke like that one someone who just took a big tick from the Fang is an easy kill, and could net you a pickup/reset if the rest of your team is paying attention.

you arent john rambo youre part of a team, play your part, and if thats not fun enough then go play DA2 on easy.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    Lets see, you outleveled everyone and are shocked there is no world pvp. Follow that up with you want to roll pugs in warfronts as a full raid.

That is all well and good, but you may not find what you are looking for in this game.
    Yes, I'm shocked at the shortsightedness of the developers in this game for not implementing any end-game PvP.

Yes, I am tired of getting rolled in warfronts and would like to Queue with my own team as to not get rolled so hard, **** make it so premades only play other premades...

As it is, on our shard, guardians have been winning every warfront since I have been 50 so they all have a serious gear / prestige / PvP soul tree advantage over the defiance, even if I put together a coordinated warfront team it would probably be no more than an even fight against a guardian pug.

Anyways, you are right, I didn't find what I was looking for, this game sucks at level 50 unless you want to raid Green Molten Core...or if you were the type of person who really really enjoyed the HWL / GM grind.

Yes, I'm shocked at the shortsightedness of the developers in this game for not implementing any end-game PvP.

Yes, I am tired of getting rolled in warfronts and would like to Queue with my own team as to not get rolled so hard, **** make it so premades only play other premades...

As it is, on our shard, guardians have been winning every warfront since I have been 50 so they all have a serious gear / prestige / PvP soul tree advantage over the defiance, even if I put together a coordinated warfront team it would probably be no more than an even fight against a guardian pug.

Anyways, you are right, I didn't find what I was looking for, this game sucks at level 50 unless you want to raid Green Molten Core...or if you were the type of person who really really enjoyed the HWL / GM grind.
    I think you should start playing a game like Starcraft or some other RTS where you can play solo, because these games are designed for group play.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

theres things they could do to fix it, even outside class balance. i dont see the reason for 4 server clusters. should be like 10 per group, at least.

i did HWL grind, this is much easier, more like the current system they put in for rated BGs, where you gain flat exp vs CP and hoping you had enough for the week. but if you dont like grinding why are you playing an mmo in the first place?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Braves View Post
    I think you should start playing a game like Starcraft or some other RTS where you can play solo, because these games are designed for group play.
    Fail troll?

One of my main complaints is the lack of group play due to the fact that I CANNOT QUEUE AS A RAID.

I think what you meant to say is that I might as well start playing a game like Starcraft or some other RTS where you can play solo, because this game sucks *** for group play.

^^
    See what I did there? Fixed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast