+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Black Garden exploited?

Plane Touched

Default Black Garden exploited?

Tonight in Black Garden - over and above the problem of playing in a game where afk bots are rewarded so highly, and never punished - the guardian team was leaping into the defiant team's base.

On the plus side, they were killing the afkers, which was somewhat satisfying.

But I have a feeling this was not intended.

Being farmed at the defiant spawn point in an average team of 5 (the other 5 being afk, or not bothering to fight), without recourse to queuing as a 10-man team, does not really make for such a great game...

Shield of Telara

How is this different from any other game where the other team destroys you so badly you can't even get out of your own graveyard?

I don't say this with malice - Just wondering how this differs from any other situation where you get mulched like wood through a chipper.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Joyous View Post
    How is this different from any other game where the other team destroys you so badly you can't even get out of your own graveyard?

I don't say this with malice - Just wondering how this differs from any other situation where you get mulched like wood through a chipper.
    Because I don't think the other team is meant to be able to get up there in Black Garden... unless I am much mistaken.

Shield of Telara

You can get up from the side - Kinda like Codex, you can climb up the hill and get up to the graveyard there as well, not really an exploit. There's just no reason to get up there unless you're camping the other team, doing so would pretty much lose you the game.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Joyous View Post
    You can get up from the side - Kinda like Codex, you can climb up the hill and get up to the graveyard there as well, not really an exploit. There's just no reason to get up there unless you're camping the other team, doing so would pretty much lose you the game.
    Ah. I was under the impression they were leaping straight up the hill in the main area. I may be wrong. Will check it out again tomorrow.

Shield of Telara

I'm pretty sure you can't charge up that hill, but even if you could, you can still just go up there from the side anyways.. so either way, not really exploiting anything. If you wanted, you could do it too, you'll just get murdered when everyone spawns unless you're going 10strong

Soulwalker

no, warrior bullrush can charge directly up the cliffside, I see it all the time. It is definitely an issue that should be fixed.

Rift Chaser

You can wall jump the Defiant cliff quiet easily, regardless of charge type abilities.

Guardian side seems to require a charge of one sort or another to get up, but I play guardian so haven't actually tried it myself.

Shield of Telara

I don't see how charging up it is exploitable in any way, I'd rather have them fix champions instead of worrying about something silly and cosmetic like charging up our ledge when you can just walk over it normally..

Or yaknow, you could fix the defiant area, you can't just walk into the guardian one.

Not the nicest thing to do, but as long as they were holding the fang instead of just farming you, it is an acceptable strategy.

Plane Touched

I have no problem being beaten and farmed (although I do resent defiant afkers from Briarcliff).

I was merely asking if it was intended that the other side could run up the base's hill.

+ Reply to Thread