+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Is anyone else not having fun in 50s warfronts?"

Default "Is anyone else not having fun in 50s warfronts?"

So sayeth a friend of mine who reached 50 today. She was part of a group of people I'd occasionally run premades with in all the lower brackets; I simply outleveled them. I told them 50 sucked. They didn't believe me.

First warfront she made it out of (As a rogue, typically a Bard) she asked on the 50's chat - "Is anyone else not having fun in 50s warfronts?".

I mean, it was different before. Anywhere from 10 to 39 was pretty good for me. Things got rougher from levels 30 to 49, but once you were in the upper levels of your bracket things leveled off. It was fun, lots of good matches, fairly equal distribution of wins and losses.

50? All down the toilet.

She's one of maybe four people I've heard ask this same question, so I'll pose it to you all.

End-game PvP.
    Are you having the same amount of fun that you had in previous brackets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Banned

I'm not having fun because there's just too much repetition. With only four maps...well, there's only so much that can happen, and so many times until it all becomes mindless, and I'm not even that far into prestige.

I just enjoy playing with friends, or I wouldn't be here.

Rift Disciple

Since I play a mage WFs have been 0 fun from the beginning.

The amount of CC at 50 is just ridiculously silly.

lud
    Champion

The damage is too high at 50, i think the armor bugs have something to do with it, warriors and sabs constantly cirting for 2500 and mages 2000, you pretty much get insta gibed if 3 people are focusing on you. The whole tactical aspect went out the window. The same problem wow had before they buffed everyone up.

Prophet of Telara

CC makes WFs pretty miserable at 50. But also the fact that at 40-50 you may have been facing people who might be few levels above you, where are at 50 you often face people who way outgear you and take 50% damage from you while dealing double to you.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    Since I play a mage WFs have been 0 fun from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by briskojr View Post
    Mages own at 50. They can basically perma stun or silence or whatever it is they do. Here is a hint, if you are a Dom, silence the bard. If you aren't a Dom and are the target of the Bard, get further than 20m from him. You have a 30m range. He'll either chase and risk becoming the group's focal target or change targets and have to start the combo points over. Both slow down his healing ability. A Bard must be within 20m and doing damage to an enemy to cast his main heal. You do that tip, and you've basically taken out their off healer. Since nearly all rogues are either bards or sabs at 50, you've taken out half the rogue calling.

Oh yea, did I mention that if the mages work together they are near godly at 50.

I don't want to turn this into a balance discussion (though that's part of the problem; it'll just turn this thread into a 1-star ****fest) but the main 'awesome' Mage at 50 is a Pyromancer in Ground of Strength. Most sane Mages that don't have their judgement abilities clouded by 43 levels of getting their *** handed to them agree that GoS is kinda bonkers.

I didn't mention in the first post, but yeah, we do play on Defiant side. 90% loss rate doesn't help, not does the ever-widening gear grind. TTK is just too fast and there's so many damage reduction bugs, lack of diminishing returns on CC ... it's just terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Player0ne View Post
    This thread screams, " I'm glad healing is getting nerfed..now please dont quit healing us."

Soulwalker

It's boring when I queue alone, but I love it when playing with guildies. Guardians in our cluster have around a 70% win rate, I'd guess. That certainly helps.

they are terrible. The rewards for open world need to be made better. If they mak esome incentives, we'll make our own Warfronts. It never fails really. The zones in open world look awesome too. Balance the classes, give us more rewards for open world= win
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 03-20-2011 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

I do not like to play in the same bracket with 5 man premades.

That is the main thing I do not find fun at all.

Pugs should play against pugs, and premades (even only 5 man premades) against others premades.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 03-20-2011 at 07:04 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Telaran

no and only because defiants on my battle group lose 95% of the time.

i picked the wrong faction qq

I didn't get 3-4 shot KO'd by champs in lower brackets, sabs might have been more annoying but at least you could fight back while they spam charges. At 50 champs just bullrush, titan strike and slam every skill without a GDC at once, during 1 match literally every death I had was due to a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Ascendant

I think Scion Port is good fun, in fact this kind of PVP works so much more better in mass pvp like 6+ groups.

Quote Originally Posted by briskojr View Post
    you said it all. Nobody likes to be CC'd, it means being unable to play the game. In RIFT, it's not even an exception to be stunned 10 seconds, or squirrel'd 20 seconds. There's 2 factors that make the PvP no fun, and this is the most important one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast