+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are Mages crying?

Default Why are Mages crying?

Seriously.
    Why are mages crying about being underpowered?
    You are immune to Crowd Control. You have a stun without Diminishing Returns, you can heal, you have high single target dps (fireball critting for 2,5k), high AOE dps with firestorm, take 30% less damage.

Isn't that enough?

Rift Master

Because they cant faceroll melee anymore like they are used to from other games. They have a counter now, something they have not experienced in a long time.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Seriously.
    Why are mages crying about being underpowered?
    You are immune to Crowd Control. You have a stun without Diminishing Returns, you can heal, you have high single target dps (fireball critting for 2,5k), high AOE dps with firestorm, take 30% less damage.

Isn't that enough?
    pyro does not have good dps.

look at their skills and do the math.

them taking 30% less damage is like plate, except they can't move.

warlock/necro does more dps(which isn't a great feat), only reason people aren't crying about them is because they can be stunlocked and killed by warriors.
    Last edited by zeroburrito; 03-20-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalfirim View Post
    Because they cant faceroll melee anymore like they are used to from other games. They have a counter now, something they have not experienced in a long time.
    I think this would be the long and the short of it. Nothing profound to say about mages not being able to permanently lock down and nuke people to death really either.

People are whining because it's easier to type text on a forum than gain skill in a game.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    pyro does not have good dps.

look at their skills and do the math.

them taking 30% less damage is like plate, except they can't move.

warlock/necro does more dps(which isn't a great feat), only reason people aren't crying about them is because they can be stunlocked and killed by warriors.
    I'm mostly just a lurker (haven't done much real pvp yet) but this has stuck out to me as being the meat of mage complaints; namely that pyros in particular don't have enough DPS. Maybe they weren't supposed to be a DPS class, but it's easy for players to think it should be.

Plane Touched

Because it's by far the weakest calling in every respect.

Telaran

Mage is the best PVP calling, if I played mage I'd be invincible in PVP, and probably quit from boredom. Mages just love to whine and complain because they're not very smart.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 03-20-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Mage is the best PVP calling, if I played mage I'd be invincible in PVP, and probably quit from boredom. Mages just love to whine and complain because they're not very smart.
    That's ironic since mages are supposed to be the one that spent all their time studying books instead of practicing the sword skills. Ya know, they trained their mind and not their body. ...

2.5k fireball lol
    No Illegals -> NO BURRITOS!! THINK TWICE BRO!

Quote Originally Posted by Diplomat View Post
    I can't totally agree with this, as I haven't played pyro and let's be honest it looks pretty powerful. Chloro feels awful in pvp so far. Part of that may be my level (26), party may be adjusting to the playstyle, but no way should I always get soloed by any melee on me.

I can't imagine why, either. I see mages burning down on level warriors, or higher, on a regular basis. The warriors health will just melt like wax in a matter of seconds. I'm talking higher up, anyway. Then again, it seems people will gripe about any class they play. Some days are good in PvP and others bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineaxis View Post
    People are whining because it's easier to type text on a forum than gain skill in a game.
    Yes, they are all bads. Even though there are a hundred posts on Warrior damage/plate combo, and very few people crying about mages, somehow all the mages are bad, every person rolling a Mage just happens to be bad.

Its not like the class + most CC > skill portion of this game has anything to do with it.

What it shows me is that people do not want any improvement within the game. You act like people have only one class. Most have played them all, and still draw the same conclusions about the balance. When you change classes and all the sudden starting rolling everything, theres a valid issue. A bad player will be bad on every class.

Shadowlander

There not weak at 50.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Diplomat View Post
    A full 51 pt pyro will have the best burst dps and be immune to CC which will make them arguably the best in warfront/group PvP. With fulminate and a cinderburst proc they could do some tremendous single target damage but fulminate is 45sec CD and the cinderburst is a proc to make it instant, and that spell is on a 30 sec CD too.

I'd say a warlock/necro would be best in 1v1, but in general most of the mages simply lack the burst DPS that other classes have. Many of the mage calling have abilities to increase the damage we do, but the % increases seem to not be enough.

A mage AEing can put out some of the best numbers in a warfront, but our AEs pulse the damage every few seconds which a single bard can outheal. But once again our AEs will hit 6 - 8 people while a sab can hit up to 10 so...

Just have to keep taking it on the chin until our class is addressed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast