+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can't take it anymore, Codex!!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but the codex is key to winning. You should send everyone there at the start if that is what it takes to capture and hold it.
    As Defiant, doing this will cause you to lose due to the defiant-side-rock-face-collision-bugginess.

Only time I've ever seen Defiant win Codex came from the whole team rushing Statue and spawn camping. Guardian, who are used to winning every single match, just don't know what to do and fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Diplomat View Post
    As Defiant, doing this will cause you to lose due to the defiant-side-rock-face-collision-bugginess.

Only time I've ever seen Defiant win Codex came from the whole team rushing Statue and spawn camping. Guardian, who are used to winning every single match, just don't know what to do and fall apart.
    I win nearly every match as Defiant that we rush and hold Codex.

Think my server group is not the norm, tho. =|

Holding Codex is an obvious key for either side. When it is taken, it offers a visual vantage point to both the Statue and the Scope and you can send forces to defend-recap those areas as needed. You can also see how many of the enemy (barring stealthed rogues) are coming your way and prepare accordingly.

I have never been part of a loss in which we capped and held Codex for the entire or majority of the time. In my opinion, the only other viable alternative to winning the inital Codex battle is to cap opposite node (brainfarting on the name) and use the bridge/rock to allocate forces to capping and holding the Scope and Statue. That is very tough because the enemy that controls Codex needs only one other node and can almost always send more troops to the area in jeopardy that you can.

I agree with the OP, it's about strategy and if you see that you cannot win the codex OR hold it people should adapt quickly and not try to fight a useless battle getting aoe bombed just trying to get to the flag (especially if they go in 1 by 1).
    Codex gives most points but it is not the key to winning. I've seen it happen to us aswell as to the guardians that one team captures the codex first but only has 1 other flag, they hold this for a couple of minutes, then the other team wipes them at the codex, captures even thontic/tele and holds it until the game ends usually winning this way.

Usually I think if you have people in the wf that know what to do (and I'm talking about those that actually do and not spend their time yelling at everyone and their grandma in /warfront chat) you will win or your chances escalate.
    I play since beta and headstart and usually I don't want to generalize. But codex losses were really significantly noticeable after the official launch 04/03 couple of days later when most of those buying the game on 04/03 turned 20ish. You joined Codex and you had tons of people just roaming the map doing god knows what riding god knows where ;D Same with black garden... people either not picking up the fang or people picking up the fang and charging right into the guardians with it, thinking they were in Mourkain Temple maybe xD

It's not about Defiant, its about the way the imbalance is. The people on the other side have Prestige 5 and PvP Soul maxed in addition to the PvP oriented gear. There are also classes that hit for 1/2 health so others hitting for 1/10th health have to spend more time, thus if one team brings more Warriors into the game, they can get things done a little faster as well.

In any case, its not really worth it because the afk guy on the winning side gets more points than the top player on the winning side. Largest failure is rewards based on winning, instead of rewarding based on player contribution to the cause. High healing, kills, damage, points captured, all these things should be worth way more, and doing nothing should be worth less.

Really? Rewarding the afk winner with 475 favor and the top player on the losing side with 125? This is best case scenario also as alot of the time it is worse.

I am pretty sure we wont see anything meaningful in pvp for a while, the best I can come up with is to starve the opposing side of any pvp at all. Its going to be really fun to join a warfront where no one is there to PvP with. But thats already happened on my server, 3/4 of the people dont even try in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    As a healer (and Defiant does no usually have a lot of them) I run out of mana trying to keep them up (and can not always do it). Plus they have not lear4ned protect your healers, kill theirs.
    Have to agree here have found all the way through that in PvP the defiant's have no clue on how to look after a healer and in codex everyone splits up and since I have been the only healer have to flip a coin where to go or get so cheesed off with being targeted and not being protected I swap to my dps spec so they have no healer at all and then they wonder why they are dieing all the time...feels like you keep hitting your head against a brick wall sometimes..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3