+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: They are right

Quote Originally Posted by Kalvix View Post
    And we where promised a pvp and pve game but right now we only have a pve game and so far no dev comments on these threads telling us if they plan to add rvr... are you REALLY happy sitting grinding 4 WFs over and over for months while you wait for rvr.. I have better things to spend my money on
    so far, you have recieved what they've released for their pvp. you were not lied to and pushed aside.

here is a previous quote i made in another thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Capital View Post
    for those that can't understand, below is a link to their released pvp information. i can't find the part that speaks about arena, maybe you'll have better luck.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/game/pvp/index.php

here's a few 3rd party reviews and covers of Rift pvp:
    http://rift.zam.com/story.html?story=25014
    http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...odes-revealed/

here's a statement release from the developers last month on zam, and they do mention pvp:
    http://rift.zam.com/story.html?story=25089

Rift Wiki PvP
    http://rift.wikia.com/wiki/Category:PvP

...and many other various press releases and reviews (which i'll refrain from linking so many of them) regarding Rift which is always based on the PvE aspect of the game, the storyline, who's who, etc. once in a while, they make reference to their PvP portion of the game, which always entails the word "warfront".

now, i can keep linking the same overall stuff thats out there for all to see, and what things might be implemented.

soo, keep making your requests, maybe they'll get granted or maybe they won't. but the game has not hidden anything, so as i said before, the game has been out less than 3 weeks, and we have all these QQ posts of people quitting and doomsday posts like this one. slow down and enjoy the game. if pvp is your main focus and this game doesn't satisfy, then find one that does.

now, can you show me some other release of information that gave you another impression or told you something else? how were you told differently than what you have today? and like i said, give them time man. i'm trying to be reasonable and logical with you, and others here, that this game has benn out for LESS THAN 3 WEEKS. but again, if you need that instant gratification and if it cannot satisfy you, you are entitled to go find a game that does.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro eth Aisha View Post
    the answer is in pvp, it needs to be done soon because if you get around to it after addressing other concerns (every other aspect of this game is playable) it will be to late. People will stop logging on and new people will not join as they hear from their friends that the pvp in rift is unplayable.
    I am with you. Few weeks ago I had high hopes. Today I did a few WF's, but it is just not fun, it is like you said unplayable for certain callings.

I really hope Trion find a way to balance/fix this within a reasonable time frame. At least I hope that they would voice their plan how to fix it, even though it is not fixed then. The silence about broken PvP is most worrying though

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dominmatric View Post
    World pvp is fail.

It's all about having an advantage so that you know the other person will not win.

Whether that advantage comes with 5 people attacking one.

Or just running some fotm op nothing can kill this 1v1 except maybe a mirror.

Or attacking someone who is already attacking/running from a mob.

All the aion gankers running rogues here just want to have world pvp to gank. Ganking 1v1 in an mmo is the most boring format you will ever have implemented.

The people that want this pvp are just the people that don't ever want to lose because they can run an op 1v1 class. Or because they can travel in numbers and kill solo's. They don't want to kill people with skill.

And don't give me that oh i done been and did me on 8 people vs 20 that is real skill.

What kind of advantage did you have there? In any game that is remotely balanced 50 noobs can kill 8 pros. You probably had armor that completely immune their whole bar and was double their levels, which was not an accomplishment at all.
    World pvp is fail, yet warfront pvp where one faction across the board wins 99 percent of their games =====win?

Nope, I predict the same thing will happen to this game what happened to warhammer. One faction rolling everybody, dev not knowing what to do about it, unbalanced Warrior/cleric **** fests and then alot of canceled subs and boredome.
    Originally Posted by Rawne
    Awww, are we resorting to insults?

And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

Ahh the choices.....

Shadowlander

go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    go play a fps pvp in mmorpgs did nothing but bring out the worst in the cummunity
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuro eth Aisha View Post
    All these people posting about the complete worthlessness of the pvp in rift and how it will be the end of this game. They are right, I really enjoyed rift at first now the being in a new world novelty is wearing off and I'm wondering what is going to keep me in the game there is really only one thing that will make most gamers like me (probably those who left wow because of frustration with it's broken pvp) and that is max lvl enjoyable pvp.
    I recently hit lvl 39 and in my few experiences of queing for warfronts have all made me regret even buying this game, world pvp is interesting but almost always consists of either being killed by a high level player or being mobbed by 2-3 equal level players. I have yet to have a "fair" that is with no interference 1v1 pvp encounter in this game. Focus all of your energy on the PVP aspects make it something to be proud of instead of the thing that will close rift forever.

With the rate I see bugs being fixed it is clear you really want your game to be a success but unless there is a majour patch affecting pvp balance (you will basically have to have split effects for each ability and spell one for npcs and one for payers) it will not be easy but it is the only way this game will last longer than the 6 months many of us got in our original subscription. I'm sure there are many other things being complained about right now and you feel swamped but please believe me this is the pivotal moment in which you fail or continue... the answer is in pvp, it needs to be done soon because if you get around to it after addressing other concerns (every other aspect of this game is playable) it will be to late. People will stop logging on and new people will not join as they hear from their friends that the pvp in rift is unplayable.

Yes unplayable, meaning it is not fun and it feels like you are playing a game that even if it was free it is to obnoxious to continue or engage in for more than one or two matches to remind yourself how bad it is. I will only play an mmo that I can queue repeatedly or be engaged in pvp for a long period of time till I get to tired or something else comes along. As it stands I am avoiding pvp because I do like leveling so much I don't want to feel like uninstalling the game when I havn't even hit max level due to the pvp.

When I am level 50 I expect to be able to entertain myself for hours in pvp warfronts alone, I am in love with so many things in this game and it is not horribly addictive which is nice. Please don't let it die because of unplayable pvp =(

You have to do what other games were scared of doing so they tried to fix it with gimick mechanics that made it worse, seperate the pvp from the pve, yes double tooltips for every spell and ability you managed to do it with your pvp souls now take that concept and run with it.
    You are right. +1 to this.
    "..Amonkira, Lord of Hunters. Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vespera View Post
    This is incorrect. Every European server listed on these forums is an English language sever, as are our forums.

Telaran

the game has been out for 3 weeks. i know some of you younger generation of MMO'ers don't know how to cope, but relax and let the dust settle and give them time. if you still feel the need for that instant gratification, then leave and find your game.
    Well the problem that I (and many others) see with the pvp is that it's simply a CC-fest.

And that definitely seems to be a design choice, not a balancing issue.

So many CC's. Death before you can get out. 5 minute CD to break. Etc.

If that's the kind of game you like, great. But I don't particularly find it fun that my character can be SO OP in some situations, and absolutely worthless in others. It may be "balanced", but it's sure not much fun. It's not really engaging, either.

It doesn't help that the design of the faction rep gaining system clearly wasn't thought through at all (with regards to how characters will level up, etc).

And, at least in my shard group, WFs so seldomly pop, too. My guess is that people just aren't choosing to PvP. And since WFs are really all the PvP there is, if it doesn't happen (1 hour + queues), there's not much of a point in PvPing.

Ascendant

Indeed CC is a frikkin nightmare.. part of what made WAR great was it had 2 immunity timers, you got hit for 1 knockback and you had a 30s immunity to kb and kd (immoveable) and it you got 4s silence you got the other immunty (cant remember its name) for 40s. This worked great as there was CC and it was handy, could be used to turn a fight around but you didn't spend your entire fight CCd.

Yes rifts only been around 3 weeks but they could have looked at WAR and daoc and used their system instead of screwing up like they did and needing to spend ages fixing the same problems they had

Ascendant

Yeah, Rift's PVP blows. Only one WF I approve is scion port, so thats 1 out of 4, what is usually always fun. Codex and BG are more frustration. Pretty sad.
    Last edited by June; 03-19-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Shadowlander

here we go, with yet another doomsday thread if they don't do this or that it's failing and you're quitting....

the game has been out for 3 weeks. i know some of you younger generation of MMO'ers don't know how to cope, but relax and let the dust settle and give them time. if you still feel the need for that instant gratification, then leave and find your game.
    I love this game after many years of playing RPGs and graduating to mmo's I am willing to give this game a chance to fix these things but there needs to be some indication that it is high on the agenda because it really should be. It is by far the most out of whack part of this game it feels almost completely different from the fun of RIFT. It's like one of those bad dreams where you can't move your body or explain to other people what is happening but you randomly feel crippled and lost trying to navigate your dream without basic functions.

Shadowlander

I am keeping in mind just how bad wows pvp was from a balance standpoint but was still fun, and how 6 years of tweaking and it remains broken. I think rift has much more potential because they got to learn from many games mistakes and success... they should be able to whip in into shape in a the fraction of the time wow wasted getting nowhere.
    Pvp fixes should be going into the game in any majour patch that comes next to see if they even can do it, needless to say this is not the NEXT GEN game that was promised, ready from lauch and a gamechanger.. the rifts are amazing so many cool things but you cannot say that stuff with such a obviously broken pvp system they know very well that mmo pvp is now hugely popular. It is almost a measuring tool for how well they designed the in this case awsome combinations of souls not all will be viable in pvp but the gap between 4 architypes is stunning. They can do it I believe in them that every calling will have a place in pvp and not be fodder, with hopefully some wiggle room for originality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    In one post, you've managed to bring out the worst in capitalization, punctuation and spelling.
    Lmao that's sig worthy

Rift Chaser

The game isn't even a month old. World PvP used to be something players had to organize for ourselves. As for balance, it's been stated in other places (and no, I'm not looking up the quote for you, find it for yourself if it's that important to you) that class balance in this game is centered around [I]the group[I] and not the individual classes. How hard is this to comprehend?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2