+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warfronts made me delete my toon

Soulwalker

Default Warfronts made me delete my toon

Made a defiant toon at head start and played him up to mids 40's be in ALOT of warfront are defant loses about 98% of them. it is to the point where I feel ifg I want to contuine playing this game I need to delete my toon and make a guardian.

i feel your pain, just doing open world pvp instead now
    Adapt or Die

You don't have to delete your toon to roll Guardian on the same server.

Keep your character, because once Defiants get bored running PvE, they will come to PvP as guilds with their Raid epics and coersion. It just seems to me that Guardians care more about farming PvP, while Defiants are more about PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyndhorn View Post
    Made a defiant toon at head start and played him up to mids 40's be in ALOT of warfront are defant loses about 98% of them. it is to the point where I feel ifg I want to contuine playing this game I need to delete my toon and make a guardian.
    I play Defiant and win %75 of the time, I dont think you should make a blanket statement... Cause its the same player base no matter the faction. Trust me. Just continue to get better yourself and carry groups when you have a couple new boots who need a little guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolen View Post
    I play Defiant and win %75 of the time, I dont think you should make a blanket statement... Cause its the same player base no matter the faction. Trust me. Just continue to get better yourself and carry groups when you have a couple new boots who need a little guidance.
    i gues you are on pro defiant server cluster
    Adapt or Die

Quote Originally Posted by MadGelo View Post
    i gues you are on pro defiant server cluster
    Lol... Maybe I am in the minority, but lets be honest to simply say its the whole faction that is bad at PvP is an ignorant blanket statement... To truly think one faction is better then another at a certain aspect of the game is silly...

Quote Originally Posted by Rolen View Post
    Lol... Maybe I am in the minority, but lets be honest to simply say its the whole faction that is bad at PvP is an ignorant blanket statement... To truly think one faction is better then another at a certain aspect of the game is silly...
    how would you explain around 90% loss on defiant side?

and it only gets worse, because guards now outgear us more and more
    Adapt or Die

Are you guys playing at the same time every day? I noticed that the trends for either faction winning shifts depending on the time that I play. I've had times when Guardians were rolling Defiants and vice versa, and all of this changes drastically depending on the time of day that you play. It could just be that you may be playing with the same small battlegroup of people that are happening to be logging on when you are.

Quote Originally Posted by MadGelo View Post
    how would you explain around 90% loss on defiant side?

and it only gets worse, because guards now outgear us more and more
    Where is these numbers coming from, and even if there is some shady data out there claiming it, there are a number of variables that could skew that. All I know is that the PvP experience you guys are claiming to be having is polar opposite to mine... I do not want to come off as some PRO, I just thought the blanket statement was unnecessary. I am not sure how Rift handle the "battle groups" it might just be that you are in one where there are big guardian guilds and I am in one where there is not... So in short I guess I cant explain anything outside of my own personal experience.

Soulwalker

I enjoy the logic behind rerolling the opposing faction simply because you're losing the majority of the time. Lemme tell you how good it is for competition and the health of your server...

Soulwalker

Default so look on the forums

people keeping saying this is a blanket statment but, just look on the fourms there are a lot of posts about how Defiant is losing at all the WF on the servers. I know we have the same souls and classes. But there is a HUGE imblanace that is killing the game. I know I am not the only one to leave the game for this reason.

When all the people who want to be carried roll guardian we will see a shift. I still don't lose as much as most people I see complaining though.

Ooi

It is really dumb to say defiant is bad. The main thing i have noticed that makes this statement keep popping up is population. I am currently 50 and there really isnt many of us out there yet. So, what happens is, you get 50 on defiant. Lets say there is 20 level 50 defiants on, of them only 5 are doing warfronts. Now guardians on my cluster outnumber us, so there will be like 60 of them at level 50 and of them 15 are doing warfronts. "I hope this is clear and not confusing".

so whenever you go into Blackgarden. a 10v10 warfront you join with 5 on defiant and 6 can get in for guardian. So you start out with very small scale pvp where that one extra person makes the fight. Then every time you get an extra person guardian can always get one more in to still keep you outnumbered.

By my experience on my server specifically if the warfront isn't full defiant is always outnumbered by one person. If you add in having someone that has used a bot to afk warfronts into the mix being down 2 people is just a death sentence. So you spend the whole day getting 1/3 the favor of guardian, which further increases the gap.

Soulwalker

Default we're all saying the same thing

I keep seeing people give the reason why things are the way they are. But in the end we're all saying the same thing. defiant is losing all the time and players are leaving making it worse. People say this will change in a few weeks. I have a very hard time believeing that.

Why do you think this is? One side has more of x than the other? (Sometimes I see people saying Guardians have more healers. Maybe the solution is to ROLL ONE!)

hehe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast