+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the issue with Favor in warfronts?

Default What is the issue with Favor in warfronts?

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9593/riftw.png

I scored last in terms of awarded favor in this match. Let's review, using the three marked players as examples.

Player 1:
    Most times carrying Fang: Me (1 vs 0)
    Most carrier slays: Tied (2)
    Most Kills: Tied (25)
    Killing Blows: Him (7 vs 6)
    Deaths: Me (3 vs 7)
    Damage: Me (18.3k vs 16.7k)
    Healing: Tied (I used a drink or two)

-I'd say I'm slighting beating him, but I can accept a tie. He got 68 more favor than I did.

Player 2:
    Most times carrying Fang: Him (2 vs 1)
    Most carrier slays: Me (2 vs 0)
    Most Kills: Tied (25)
    Killing Blows: Me (6 vs 1)
    Deaths: Tied (3)
    Damage: Me (18.3k vs 9.7k)

-Even more slanted in my favor, but I can begrudgingly accept a tie. He got 67 more favor than I did.

Player 3:
    Most times carrying Fang: Me (1 vs 0)
    Most carrier slays: Me (2 vs 0)
    Most Kills: Me (25 vs 20)
    Killing Blows: Me (6 vs 0)
    Deaths: Him (2 vs 3)
    Damage: Me (18.3k vs 6.2k)

-There is no way you can say he was more effective than me in any sense. The only thing he had going for him was he died once less than I did. He got 36 more favor than I did.

The first one I can let go, the second one I really think I came out ahead, and the third one is a no-brainer. Yet somehow I came in dead last for favor on my team. I was in the match from start to finish.

Someone please explain how this works, because I keep getting the bottom no matter what I do.

Soulwalker

You are missing a few key factors in your analysis of favor distribution.

1. The level of each character seems to play an important role in favors. The lower end of the bracket the more favor I receive. The higher my character is in the level range for the warfront, the lower the favor I seem to get. That is, if you assume you are tied with someone and you are level 29 and they are level 20, they'll get more favor than you.

2. The second and I'd imagine more importantly is the roles all of your comparisons. The two you supposedly tied with both are tanks (the red name). The category you neglected with those were the damage taken which they received more of. Hence they fulfilled their role in the group by taking the brunt of the damage. I can't tell the role (healer or support) of your third example, but I'd imagine the server keeps track of things as "jumping" a person for an assassin's contribution. This seems to be trion's way of keeping groups varied instead of having everyone go dps.

I'd tell you not to worry too much about how much favor you're getting compared to other people playing on your team, but the best way to gain favor is by winning the matches and a few here and there doesn't matter too much. The system seems to be similar to the rift contribution. That is, if you are a healer and healing in a rift you'll still get contribution for fulfilling your role.

I love how people get mad at not getting highest favor. "OMG he got 70 more favor then me"
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    I love how people get mad at not getting highest favor. "OMG he got 70 more favor then me"
    It is annoying to get the least favor in the battlegroup while ur carrying The Fang the most while having the most damage done / killing blows.

I was 10th.... Kinda lame, you carry the team and get less in return.

Rift Disciple

During level 30-39 bracket i once spent entire WF spaming dispells and shields

Thats pretty much only thing i did since everyone had 2-3 debuffs on them constantly

I was first on favour ( was lvl 33 or so )

My stats were horrible if you look at chart ( ok had some healing and damage taken but not toping it )

Im guessing game takes into account more than kills and heals....
    Last edited by Dis Aster; 03-15-2011 at 03:49 AM.
    For the most awesome game understanding and balancing ideea :
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    ... look and tuned down at the so powerful self heals and damage output that some clerics can do ,maybe add 3-4 sec cd for the big heals ( more than 400 heal ) it can be a good idea ...

Quote Originally Posted by Moker View Post
    It is annoying to get the least favor in the battlegroup while ur carrying The Fang the most while having the most damage done / killing blows.

EXACTLY.. Thats why people ignore the objectives anyway..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Two things decide pvp matches right now - pure healers and champions. Both need to be toned down, neither has anything to do with whether or not there's too much cc and not enough immunity.

Telaran

Well Im probably missing something but no matter what lvl I am x0-x9 in the diff level brackets, I tend to do the most healing on either team by far in every BG I do, and am never top in favor or even in top 3 usually, I guess keeping most of your team alive and helping to get the win doesnt really deserve favour, the dps mad rouges and warriors seem to get it for dps and kills, even though they would spend way more time respawning without my heals

Quote Originally Posted by baelrath View Post
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9593/riftw.png

Someone please explain how this works, because I keep getting the bottom no matter what I do.
    One thing you forgot, guild perks:
    Foe Hunter - Increases Favor rewards by 3%/6%/9%. 3 ranks.

Shadowlander

you get favor for being near an oppenent when they die. and at the end of the match. holding flag capping flags turning in shards get you nothing at all. and most of the time you loose out of alot of favor and prestige. i think it needs to be reworked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eire View Post
    Well Im probably missing something but no matter what lvl I am x0-x9 in the diff level brackets, I tend to do the most healing on either team by far in every BG I do, and am never top in favor or even in top 3 usually, I guess keeping most of your team alive and helping to get the win doesnt really deserve favour, the dps mad rouges and warriors seem to get it for dps and kills, even though they would spend way more time respawning without my heals
    This is 100% true. I will be posting (after work today) a PRIME example pic of my healing that I did which was over 200,000 in a Black Garden around lvl 40ish, and I still got less favor than 90% of my party.
    I have taken over 80% pics of all my wins in Warfronts and they all reflect the healers attain less favor even if they take points, carry the fang or defend a flag at least 1 time.
    Yet the dps'ers get more points because they kill players.
    How do you think they stay up long enough to kill those players in the first place?

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dis Aster View Post
    During level 30-39 bracket i once spent entire WF spaming dispells and shields

Thats pretty much only thing i did since everyone had 2-3 debuffs on them constantly

I was first on favour ( was lvl 33 or so )

My stats were horrible if you look at chart ( ok had some healing and damage taken but not toping it )

Im guessing game takes into account more than kills and heals....
    If this is true, this is very interesting, and awesome!

@OP As others have said, winning will get you the best favor. Just try to do the best you can, and dont look at the numbers so much! If you are on defiant (atleast in Deepstrike) I know its hard for a good player there, its nearly impossible to even carry people, but the best thing to do is make/find a premade.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Indi View Post
    If this is true, this is very interesting, and awesome!

@OP As others have said, winning will get you the best favor. Just try to do the best you can, and dont look at the numbers so much! If you are on defiant (atleast in Deepstrike) I know its hard for a good player there, its nearly impossible to even carry people, but the best thing to do is make/find a premade.
    best favor goes to the lower levels.
    always.

higher up in your bracket, it doesn't matter if you did 60% of total damage for your whole team, never died once and killed 80 people; if you're 49 you'll still get less favor then Mr L41 who did 15k damage and died 17 times.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    best favor goes to the lower levels.
    always.

higher up in your bracket, it doesn't matter if you did 60% of total damage for your whole team, never died once and killed 80 people; if you're 49 you'll still get less favor then Mr L41 who did 15k damage and died 17 times.
    TRION Needs to make a statement on how Favor is determined for all of us to understand. I seriously think that it is not working as intended and being fair with the amounts for some class's.

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Moker View Post

This I agree with, there should be some favor love for carriers.
    As for the rest, I've seen one extreme to the other in terms of favor rewards. A theory I have is that there is some preference given to objectives and staying with your group

In Port Scion, for example, being on the bridge in the middle of the action when it's taken/defended. Being with the group that helps take down a capacitor (though that never happens any more!). Generally being in the thick of the action - and not dying, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cblaze View Post
    This I agree with, there should be some favor love for carriers.
    As for the rest, I've seen one extreme to the other in terms of favor rewards. A theory I have is that there is some preference given to objectives and staying with your group

In Port Scion, for example, being on the bridge in the middle of the action when it's taken/defended. Being with the group that helps take down a capacitor (though that never happens any more!). Generally being in the thick of the action - and not dying, for obvious reasons.
    You would think that would be true, but as for a pure healer that is keeping the flag holder alive, fang carrier alive or just plain assualting a codex; We get shafted on favor. Again last night, I did over 180k healing and held the fang 2 times, won the match and was the LOWEST favor gained out of everyone there.
    Last edited by Fatherdeath; 03-17-2011 at 06:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast