+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Felfury
  • 1 Post By TheUndeadFish

Thread: Notoriety and pre 50 gear.

Default Notoriety and pre 50 gear.

This is just another case of wasted content, by the time you can purchase that lvl 35-45 gear, you are probably going to be 50 from the warfront exp alone.

The level 25 stuff is perfectly fine, since you get enough notoriety pretty quickly, after that it becomes stupid.

Boost the gain from winning AND losing, as well as the daily quests, add a daily quest for every warfront.

Plane Touched

Indeed i was going to post the same feedback.
    I am a warrior and i was considering to get the lvl45 axe from the Caretakers vendor but it requires to be
    Honored.At the moment i am still missing nearly 8k points but at level 40+ it gets quite hard winning in BG and instead i could reach 48 and farm Charmer's caldera hoping to drop the instance sword.
    The same issue applies to all of the other items that are quite useless, like an helmet exactly the same of the one you can get from a quest in Droughtland at 45.
    Let's not talk about Whitefall Brigade reputation that is only available after lvl 30 but asks for a lot of reputation just to get a simple ring, with stats not so
    different from the same level crafted one.That means that if i would like to get several items i had to grind a lot of Wf and, assuming of winning them all, i would however reach a level at which i could
    simply use better crafted items or quest rewards.The game is literally overflowed with gear and the best
    (usually planar items) is so easy to get that everything else is utterly useless. At the moment i am 44 and i am still using the reinforced breastplate i have got at lvl 25 because it is slightly inferior to a lvl 48 armor

With the amount of Bots that there are right now... there is no way I would want ANYTHING increased for losing.

The only real option I think is to lower the amount of favor it takes to get the 25-45 gear.
    *~'~* MEATS *~'~* { Briarcliff }
    The Best There Ever Was...

Plane Touched

The problem is not the favor but the reputation.
    After each Wf you get about 400 rep with a faction and not less than 500 favor if you win and no more than 120 rep/ 400 favor if you lose, roughly. But to buy rep gear you have to pay no more than 5000 favor per item and having enough reputation with that faction.
    Every faction has 3 steps, at 10k, 25k and 50k if i dont remember bad that means that lvl 35 gear requires at least 25k reputation with that faction.
    Doing the math you get that you need to win about 63 wf just to get the second grade.
    The exp you would get with all those wins would make you outlevel that gear much sooner and it would be much cleverer using crafted gear or something else and finding gear in this game is never hard

Soulwalker

My warrior is level 17 and has enough rep to buy the level 35 gear, sure, I only have Black Garden at the moment, but Codex will be no different. I think the idea is that it's a gear route for the more pure PvPers, not something you're rewarded with for mostly questing with the occassional warfront.

Rift Disciple

I don't really think it should be lowered.
    It would encourage more people to AFK PvP and Bot. Although I haven't seen to many AFKers, which I am lucky not to, I would not want to see people decked out in PvP gear unless they have earned it.

We have to farm instances to get PvE gear to rely upon a drop, at least with PvP you know you will have to do x amount of WFs to get x amount of rep and favor, it is gauarnteed you will eventaully get it.

If a system was put in place to stop the botters, or at least combat them from getting EXP/Favor then, I would be glad of it. So far lowering the AFK timer only stops those who had to bio or answer the phone or something.

Whether it is something to check if you have been out of combat for x amount of time, or a AFK report, I don't really care. Aslong as it can stop the botters but not make honest players suffer. I would hate to see something which companies like Blizzard do (1hour wait on mail etc), which don't really combat the problem and annoys players as a whole.
    Last edited by Asukra; 03-12-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Shadowlander

I had revered with codex at 42, and 10k to revered with black garden at 44 when I stopped PvPing and just started doing quests so I could get enough gold for my mount at 50. I had 140k lifetime favor when I hit 44.

Your argument is flawed and invalid. The problem is you are a PvE player that wants PvP gear. I quested to 15 ran realm of the fae twice, DD twice FC once. Did about half the quests in scarwood reach to get some gold for my 40 mount. Started doing all the quests in moonglade/droughtlands/iron peaks at 44. I did my quests only because I needed gold for my mounts. At least 85% of my xp pre-44 was from warfronts. Stop complaining about not being able to have faction gear when you don't want to actually grind it and would rather quest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUndeadFish View Post
    I had revered with codex at 42, and 10k to revered with black garden at 44 when I stopped PvPing and just started doing quests so I could get enough gold for my mount at 50. I had 140k lifetime favor when I hit 44.

Your argument is flawed and invalid. The problem is you are a PvE player that wants PvP gear. I quested to 15 ran realm of the fae twice, DD twice FC once. Did about half the quests in scarwood reach to get some gold for my 40 mount. Started doing all the quests in moonglade/droughtlands/iron peaks at 44. I did my quests only because I needed gold for my mounts. At least 85% of my xp pre-44 was from warfronts. Stop complaining about not being able to have faction gear when you don't want to actually grind it and would rather quest.
    As someone who played warfronts from level 10 all the way up, but exclusively from lvl35 all the way to lvl49, I can say your comments are not valid for everyone. Some shards have different pvp balance obviously, because I was only able to buy/use lvl35 Storm Guard gear at level 45. Remember, I said I exclusively played warfronts for all XP - so I'm not some PvE'r. Its just the fact that my faction & I in the groups I was in have only given a couple hundred wins, whereas your example, I dont doubt, had a much higher number of wins.

Just so you have an idea of how little PvE I've done, four zones I havnt touched yet, one just started, and I've done 4 of the dungeons once. The rest is all PvP xp. So, yes its an actual problem. Being 10 levels higher than an item you just unlocked is pointless.
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

I agreed. The prices are fine but the notoriety cliff seems too steep atm. It's fine to have a grind at 50, but unrealistic to get any of the mid range pieces leveling up.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheUndeadFish View Post
    This is stupid. If the person is someone who PvE's and all that, then they won't even need the pvp gear at all, because the pvp gear you can get is worse than the gear you get from doing instances and those kinds of quests.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    My warrior is level 17 and has enough rep to buy the level 35 gear, sure, I only have Black Garden at the moment, but Codex will be no different. I think the idea is that it's a gear route for the more pure PvPers, not something you're rewarded with for mostly questing with the occassional warfront.
    It works fine for Garden and somewhat for Codex, but for Whitefall the system totally fails.

You don't gain access to Whitefall until 30, and to buy the 35 gear you need decorated (just like for the 35 gear for Garden and Codex). But you will NOT be decorated with Whitefall anytime close to level 35. And you will have a VERY hard time coming anywhere close to the 45 gear from Whitefall any time soon. At least on my (small - why such small shard clusters?) shard cluster, if I queue for Whitefall only (because I want rep from them), I can routinely wait for 45 minutes to an hour. Not really compelling. Add in that a 0-0 stalemate nets you zero rep (I don't know about XP, but it's minimal), and that's easily and hour to an hour and 20 minutes completely wasted.

Your best bet is to skip Whitefall rep entirely unless you simply MUST have one of the level 50 trinkets. It's not a great Capture the Flag map anyway, and people are still, generally, stupid, and fight in the middle non-stop while both flags are in opposite faction bases, leading to constant stalemates.

Ascendant

At level 39 my rogue has 55k favor and has bought every piece of gear from the PvP faction vendors that has been made available to me. It doesn't start getting expensive in terms of favor until you get to the prestige gear. I was looking at the level 45 gear from the three warfront faction vendors and it's like 2k favor per piece. I already get > 500 favor from winning a warfront by the time you add up favor from kills + bonus favor for winning. It's not expensive gear. It's only expensive if you quest and run dungeons and then think to yourself, "Hey, I'm level 25 and there are a couple of nice level 25 blues on these here vendors. I should do some warfronts and buy these!"

Soulwalker

anyone who feels rep are easy to get is probably playing the Guardian side since they "nearly automatically" win 90% of the warfront.

Champion of Telara

You guys must be queing for certain warfronts in certain brackets.

I always qued for all warfronts, and got black garden revered before whitefall steppes first one (probably before codexes first one too).

The pvp armor system almost completely failed for the way I came up, I only got one maybe two pieces per bracket and had to rifts for planarite for the rest with buying others.

The best way is to just buy a crafters stuff at low prices (assuming hes doing fair prices for your level and armor) if he is working to help the lower levels, which I didn't find out nor have anyone crafting until I crafted myself.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-20-2011 at 02:21 AM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

I agree, the system for Whitefall noteriety is somewhat bust. There's no possible way to earn enough noteriety to purchase the gear from the vendor.. AND still be in the bracket that you would be using the gear in in the first place...

I *just* got my lvl 35 gear..... at level 50 lol

also....

Anyone else stuck at Revered?

I've been at 0/60000 noteriety for The Caretakers since about level 34......

I thought perhaps you needed level 50 in order to gain that high of a faction level (sort of like prestige) but since hitting 50 I haven't seen it move once.
    Last edited by Paxton; 03-20-2011 at 02:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread