+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd control

Default Crowd control

If you're going to have all this crowd control in the game can we please get adequate abilities to counter them thanks in advance.
    Grignak-50 Cleric-<PvP Goods>-Defiant Briarcliff

Telaran

I would rather they put extreme diminishing returns on CC. In Black Garden it feels like I am stunned, feared or silenced more than 50% of the time i am fighting. It really isn't very fun not having control of your character most of the match.
    Why is it that warriors get an AoE fear again? Did they transfer that over from WoW without thinking about it? Cause again, its not very fun seeing a group of 4 people run away while one warrior 2 shots your healer and you can do nothing about it cause your break free isnt ready.

Putting all CC on the same Diminishing Returns could make pvp alot more enjoyable.

Signature by Vallien

Telaran

The only thing they need to do is make it so fang damage breaks cc, being mez/sapped and not being able to heal myself for 20 seconds is not fun.

Soulwalker

Cc break abilities need the cd time lowered, 5 min. Really?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by pasiv View Post
    I would rather they put extreme diminishing returns on CC. In Black Garden it feels like I am stunned, feared or silenced more than 50% of the time i am fighting. It really isn't very fun not having control of your character most of the match.
    Why is it that warriors get an AoE fear again? Did they transfer that over from WoW without thinking about it? Cause again, its not very fun seeing a group of 4 people run away while one warrior 2 shots your healer and you can do nothing about it cause your break free isnt ready.

Putting all CC on the same Diminishing Returns could make pvp alot more enjoyable.
    I've started counting how many times I get feared/silenced/stunned in matches, just tonight. The very first match I started counting, I was stunned and silenced 28 times. Twenty eight friggin times. Most of it is chained at least twice. This crap is getting ridiculous.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by smw5204 View Post
    Cc break abilities need the cd time lowered, 5 min. Really?
    It should be 2 minute baseline with the Improve Break Free lowering it by 30/60/90 seconds. There is an abhorrent amount of stuns, silences, roots, and other CC as is.

AOE CCs need to be toned down a lot as well. Saboteur choking gas bomb, warlock AOE fear, warrior battlefield intimidation. Lower the CD if need be, but lower their effectiveness as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pasiv View Post

It baffles me as to why DPS souls get so much CC. I play a Dom main and obviously have a few CC abilities but not much dmg abilities to speak of, heck 3 are on 30sec CD, as a trade off for all the CC and it irritates me to see all these 'Offensive' souls have so much stuns, roots etc. High burst dmg souls shouldnt have all this, it's wrong.
    Thoya - Gelidra
    Former Sagespire and Blightweald resident

I would have to agree with this...I use my Break free abil in any Warfront...Im instantly CC'd and with only having 1 abil in the game to remove the 15 cc's its kinda just dumb.

Not to mention the famous Transmorgrify Drain any casters Entire mana pool in 1 cc...

Alethia - 50 Cleric -Dayblind
    Cassidie - 30 Rouge - Dayblind

Plane Touched

Number 1: If you give out abilities to counter crowd control then there is no point having crowd control in the game.

Number 2: Most crowd control is worthless in mass scale pvp because another player just knocks them out.

Number 3: There is already a ton of instant cast knock out of CC effects in the game on low timers some as low as 30 and 15 sec recast timers. But there mainly on support or defensive souls which makes you choose between survival and damage most times, as it should be.

Number 4: You get rid of crowd control which low timer break trinkets will do and you unbalance every class that spent points to get those abilities by not going for mind blowing dmg.

Number 5: The game becomes can I outheal your healer as warriors and healers rule the day as the other classes have no way to stop the tank with mage burst dps from bashing your face in.

aux

We need less CC immunity, not more. It's already a pain in the rear to play a CC class because after a few casts your target is completely immune to everything you've got.
    It's kind of like people being immune to damage after you hit them with an attack 3 times.

Of course, if you want a game where everyone plays pyro turrets..

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fellknight View Post
    Number 1: If you give out abilities to counter crowd control then there is no point having crowd control in the game.
    You'd have a point if there wasn't so much cc flying around. CC is meant to add a tactical element to pvp, but when you have so much cc, the strategy aspect of using it flies out the window. As it stands, cc breakers are useless.

Number 2: Most crowd control is worthless in mass scale pvp because another player just knocks them out.
    This barely deserves a response. CC in mass scale pvp is out of control.

Number 3: There is already a ton of instant cast knock out of CC effects in the game on low timers some as low as 30 and 15 sec recast timers. But there mainly on support or defensive souls which makes you choose between survival and damage most times, as it should be.
    The ratio and cooldowns of cc breakers is miniscule compared to the number off cc effects a single player can be subjected to.

Number 4: You get rid of crowd control which low timer break trinkets will do and you unbalance every class that spent points to get those abilities by not going for mind blowing dmg.
    The class with the most cc in the warrior soul also has the highest damage output of the warrior soul. Kind of destroys that argument.

Number 5: The game becomes can I outheal your healer as warriors and healers rule the day as the other classes have no way to stop the tank with mage burst dps from bashing your face in.
    We already have that game.

Bottom line is, defensive casting mages, utility classes like bards, and dedicated tank specs should be the only classes with CC. The strategy of CC needs to be reinstated in pvp mmos, which means granting immunity from cc so that one has to choose when to use it, instead of mindlessly spamming it.

Would love to see a stun immunity added to Break Free, 4 seconds or so. Nothing worse than burning Break Free only to get stunned, feared, snared, or whatever immediately after. Nice that they're reducing it to 2m, but still would be nice to have that added immunity.

Most CC immunities do not work, period. The Warden tree has a 8 second immunity to root, and snare, that also cures those effects yet, when you use it, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Cracks me up to use it, and still be snared.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    You'd have a point if there wasn't so much cc flying around. CC is meant to add a tactical element to pvp, but when you have so much cc, the strategy aspect of using it flies out the window. As it stands, cc breakers are useless.

This barely deserves a response. CC in mass scale pvp is out of control.

The ratio and cooldowns of cc breakers is miniscule compared to the number off cc effects a single player can be subjected to.

The class with the most cc in the warrior soul also has the highest damage output of the warrior soul. Kind of destroys that argument.

We already have that game.

Bottom line is, defensive casting mages, utility classes like bards, and dedicated tank specs should be the only classes with CC. The strategy of CC needs to be reinstated in pvp mmos, which means granting immunity from cc so that one has to choose when to use it, instead of mindlessly spamming it.
    That's really not what your talking about because what your asking for is the ability to stack 3 offensive souls and grind out raid style dps, and then just get an item to make up for what your souls lack.

PvP is not pve, if you want to stand in the middle of combat and grind out dps without anyone CCing you then the game becomes a healfest.

Skill in pvp is countering other teams CC and using your CC to take out there healers. Right now I've never seen a BG where more CCer's meant a win over more healers. And if healing is so effective right now it's because CC isn't effective.

No you should not be able to grab every dps soul and then get an item to make up for what your souls lack. There are already a TON of interupt, silence and stun abilities as well as knockout abilities in many souls. I'm sorry your plate wearing dps grind raid warrior gets CC'd all over but thats more a build issue then a game design flaw.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fellknight View Post
    That's really not what your talking about because what your asking for is the ability to stack 3 offensive souls and grind out raid style dps, and then just get an item to make up for what your souls lack.
    What are you talking about? I've been CC'd six times back to back. No amount of points in a pvp soul is going to save me from that stupidity.

Skill in pvp is countering other teams CC and using your CC to take out there healers. Right now I've never seen a BG where more CCer's meant a win over more healers. And if healing is so effective right now it's because CC isn't effective.
    Two things decide pvp matches right now - pure healers and champions. Both need to be toned down, neither has anything to do with whether or not there's too much cc and not enough immunity.

No you should not be able to grab every dps soul and then get an item to make up for what your souls lack.
    You're trying to put words in my mouth to justify your own argument. CC breakers, even with a 2 minute cooldown, are relatively useless when you can be chain cc'd before immunity kicks in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast