+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Crowd control

They need differentiate between CC that breaks on damage and CC that doesn't break on damage.

Stun is the most atrocious CC since it doesn't break on damage. WTF thought it was a good idea to give a plate wearer burst damage soul stuns?

Do they really need stun at all? I mean a leather or cloth wearer might need stun, but warrior? why????
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpsmile View Post
    there is no way a mage could out dps a cleric in this game. sad to say but its true.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
    mage - the garbage man, taking out the trash.

Soulwalker

There should be *NO* abilities in a PvP game that take away control from your character. Nuff said, case closed.

Removing all CC would result in a shamefull pvp, I can't believe you want linear PvP ... that's PvE.

I'm not in favor of the current state of CC , but they could give more options to break cc . I honestly think that stunning someone untill death isn't skill , but I do like to be able to react to the CC and break it.

So I would prefeer that they would give more CC breaking abilities in some souls . If a person comes here QQing cause they get CCed that should be cause his soul is about dmg , and has no CC breaker.
    Last edited by Freetobe; 03-27-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisPrime View Post
    There should be *NO* abilities in a PvP game that take away control from your character. Nuff said, case closed.
    I agree completely and just canceled my sub because of this. Sick of games that use cc.

I remember an old MMO where everyone had just 1 cc... i loved it... wish things were still like that..
    I play a DPS mage and alot of times in warfronts its just chain CC till death..not fun at all. i have 1 stun 2.5 seconds,. 1 fear but takes like 5 seconds to cast to hard to use wich is fine by me... but no one class should be able to keep you cced untill you die... thats not PVP its target practice. something needs to be done.

Plane Touched

IMO cc should be limited to the following:

Mez types which can last a while but break on any damage (ie: Lost Hope/Incapacitate)
    GTAoE which can be moved away from (ie: Sab choking gas silence)
    Snares/Movement debuffs, no greater than 60%
    Silence/Interrupts
    Disarms

Mez should activate DR for all other mez types.
    GTAoE should have no DR (If you stay in it, you deserve to cop the penalty)
    Snares should share a DR
    All Silence Effects should share DR, Interrupts should be on a different one.
    Disarms should share a DR

Debuffs that increase mana costs/cast times probably don't need to have DR.
    Healing debuffs are arguable, I think healers are strong enough currently that DR would hurt too much though.

Edit:
    Also, aside from GTAoE all CC should be single target only. AoE cc is sorta stupid if its unavoidable
    Last edited by del'Vhar; 03-27-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalavex View Post
    It should be 2 minute baseline with the Improve Break Free lowering it by 30/60/90 seconds.
    1.1 Test Patch notes

* PvP Souls: The cooldown for Break Free has been reduced to 2 minutes. Improved Break Free now reduces the cooldown by 10 seconds per point spent.
    There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die at the end of your blade.

I view PvP like I viewed the thousands, yes I said thousands of fist fights, boxing matches, and wrestling matches I got into, in high school. Skill was measured by how fast you could move, how hard you could hit, how many hits you could take before going down, ETCETERA. Sure you could grapple, but generally in a street fight this put you in range of eye gouges, biting, nut grabbers, and many other means of pain that could be put onto you.

A PvP FIGHT should never be about how well you use your abilities to counter your opponent, not, who CCs first, or MOST wins.

I want to fight, not sit there and watch the fight progress, because I didn't pick the better CC class, or build.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

I typed this sentence wrong in the above post.

A PvP FIGHT should never be about how well you use your abilities to counter your opponent, not, who CCs first, or MOST wins.

It should say...

A PvP FIGHT should be about how well you use your abilities to counter your opponent, and never about who CCs first, or CCs MOST wins. I want to fight, not watch others kill me, and my allies because of CC.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Sword of Telara

Ok I eat a lot of CC in WF's as a warrior. Fairly often I will eat multiple stuns, incaps, fears and squirrels in a single skirmish especially after a few WF in a row against the same people.

I have no problem with this.

When the other team is going out of their way to lock you down it means they think you are effective. It also means that multiple enemy players are paying more attention to you than to your teammates so you are still being effective even while CC'd.

All it takes is one slip up by the other team and you can respond with a damage burst or a CC counter of your own.

It can be frustrating but if I get chained cc'd I typically check my log to see who cc'd me first and next skirmish I go straight for them and try to cc them first. Then I pick the second person to cc me and try to burst them down.

The reaction time of people to realise that their game-plan just got disrupted often gives you plenty of time to smack down the other team. Once a teams plan falls down because CC they were relying on didn't go off etc. the rest of their plan typically falls apart at least until the next reset.

Learn to be more disruptive. Let your team know who is targeting you and make them a target in return. Learn to call for backup when needed.

Rift Disciple

What needs to happen, is allow cc breaks to give people time to react and make a choice. Currently, Cc breaks are not worth a damn, because as soon as you use it, your CC'd again. Pyro spam is a perfect example, as well as rogue disorients, as well as champ bull rush/TS combo which equals 5+ seconds of stun.

Dimishing returns are flat out broken in that they do not work on multiple types of CC, and is not coded to take into account different players using CC on the same person. Its easily possible as a warrior to be locked down for 10-30 seconds, without a dominator using his trans spells, the same as it is easy for any class to be locked down.

however, all of this is relatively meaningless, as warfronts are nothing more then a RNG to see who gets stuck with the worse players, or has players who want to use teamwork. until full premade groups are allowed, i have no reason to think , that individual classes are extremely overpowered. a previous poster said it well, but its just healers who are the key force to winning a warfront, pretty much warriors/mages/rogues are all interchangeable provided there is enough healing to support them. sadly, most people who complain, do so, because they have no interest in being good players, and just want to run around and pew pew things, then ***** when they lose, instead of actually improving there game.

Sword of Telara

A 3 -5 second immunity after using a CC breaker would probably stop 20% of the crying.

I'm pretty sure 80% of the crying here is just background noise from bads who can't play so we will never get rid of it. :P
    Last edited by Xandarth; 03-27-2011 at 07:57 PM.

i wish no aoe cc.

titan strike should stun target only. same as paladin reprisal.

for aoe cc that do no dmg, CD should be at least 5 min.

p/s yes to immunity after cc breaker.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rolotomasi View Post
    i wish no aoe cc.

titan strike should stun target only.
    That's what it does now........

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by bubulu View Post
    They need differentiate between CC that breaks on damage and CC that doesn't break on damage.

Stun is the most atrocious CC since it doesn't break on damage. WTF thought it was a good idea to give a plate wearer burst damage soul stuns?

Do they really need stun at all? I mean a leather or cloth wearer might need stun, but warrior? why????
    I will tell you who. every nerd Dev of every MMO I have ever played thinks CC is cool and we all like it. We do not. even many of us that play a class with alot (to much IMO) of CC, thinks it is ******ed to be at 50% or not be able to move at all for most of a game. Only people who love to CC others but not be CC'ed like CC. Like ex wow rogues or frostmages.

My class does not need the idiot amount of CC it has. But I do not want to give it up if it means I am 0-100% by a rogue or mage class. If they take much of the CC (and they should) away from champs..then do so for every class.

so you get people that say 'I am a CC class and CC is fun, but it is not fun if everyone has CC. So take CC away from everyone but my class so I have CC and not anybody else cause I like CC (if only my class has it). I used to be a rogue and frostmage in wow."

My class NEEDS its CC nerfed. But not if its the only class or if they leave a few choice LOL CC classes in the game. Oh and I hate CC and again I have no idea why every nerd dev of every MMO I have ever played thinks it cool......and we like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast