+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Castle Sieges and more Warfronts pls!

Telaran

Default Castle Sieges and more Warfronts pls!

Def an addon with Castle sieges like Warhammer would be AWESOME \
    We need more warfront maps also!

Soulwalker

Agree on the Castle Sieges
    I remember this was the most fun I had in a video game

DaoC Siege Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvuVF7bP_7U
    Last edited by Aluinon; 03-10-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Telaran

In Warhammer keep sieges were so sweeeeet, Id love to see some keep sieges here too

I don't think we need more WFs. The ones there are quite decent, I think.

I'd personally love a PvP zone (world or instanced) and arena. Yes, some people dread the word "arena" because they aren't good enough to compete in them, but you should cater to many different people in a game. You don't see me trying to remove vanity pets, armor dyes or artifact collecting simply because I don't give a hoot about things like that.
    G.T.L.

Gaming. Table tennis. Library.

IT'S T-SHIRT TIME!!!

Character:

[GUARDIAN] Level 4X High Elf Rogue

Plane Touched

+1 to Sieges, -1 to more WFs

Encourage same server World PvP to build strong communities, even if they are raging against each other with the hate of one thousand Forum Warriors.

Imo WFs should exist as an option to level and practice PvP, Objective based World PvP should be where the gear and prestige comes from.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Vylker View Post
    In Warhammer keep sieges were so sweeeeet, Id love to see some keep sieges here too
    Yeah the sieges where awsome. There was also a objectives in easy to defend areas(loads of cool skirmishes on them). To bad WAR only had them in low tier zones and almoust none in high tiers. Rift devs for sure coud use what was good in WAR RvR and adapt it for rift open world PvP and avoid what was bad(WAR devs allready had a great lesson, to bad they actualy never listen to the player base).

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Thumza View Post
    Yeah the sieges where awsome. There was also a objectives in easy to defend areas(loads of cool skirmishes on them). To bad WAR only had them in low tier zones and almoust none in high tiers. Rift devs for sure coud use what was good in WAR RvR and adapt it for rift open world PvP and avoid what was bad(WAR devs allready had a great lesson, to bad they actualy never listen to the player base).
    Personally I would love to have a world expert mode switch that would open up the RvR versions of the current zones, with all the quest hubs replaced by truely capturable locations.

So much space and content that will only ever be seen in passing as you level - what a waste
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; 03-10-2011 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vylker View Post
    Def an addon with Castle sieges like Warhammer would be AWESOME \
    We need more warfront maps also!

Vote Vylker for president !
    Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrath View Post
    I don't think we need more WFs. The ones there are quite decent, I think.

I'd personally love a PvP zone (world or instanced) and arena. Yes, some people dread the word "arena" because they aren't good enough to compete in them, but you should cater to many different people in a game. You don't see me trying to remove vanity pets, armor dyes or artifact collecting simply because I don't give a hoot about things like that.
    Arena in WoW was ****. Win or lose i never had any fun. Everything was always so ****ing tense. If we lost then we started dissecting exactly why we lost and someone ended up taking the blame. If we won it wasnt even something to enjoy, it was just like of course we won thats expected, next game. Keep that **** out of this game please. Its not fun, its just a vehicle for kids to show everyone else how leet they are. having an argument in general chat? Well you can end it with "whats ur team rating nub?" Yawn.

Trion, i think the arena demographic is a demographic you can choose to not cater to at all, in any way. Arena will split up the community into 2,3,5 man teams who just sit in the city all day waiting for their arena queue to pop. Arena is the quickest path to empty zones and no world PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmaoboat View Post
    I drew a nice picture of some mountains today. It, too, looks good on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsensei436 View Post
    Arena in WoW was ****. Win or lose i never had any fun. Everything was always so ****ing tense. If we lost then we started dissecting exactly why we lost and someone ended up taking the blame. If we won it wasnt even something to enjoy, it was just like of course we won thats expected, next game. Keep that **** out of this game please. Its not fun, its just a vehicle for kids to show everyone else how leet they are. having an argument in general chat? Well you can end it with "whats ur team rating nub?" Yawn.

Trion, i think the arena demographic is a demographic you can choose to not cater to at all, in any way. Arena will split up the community into 2,3,5 man teams who just sit in the city all day waiting for their arena queue to pop. Arena is the quickest path to empty zones and no world PvP.
    All you described is something you have a problem with.

Not having fun? Don't play it. I hate dragon slaying and refuse to do it. I don't expect others to stop their "122112221212, step out of fire" repeat ad nauseam just because I think it is boring.

I personally had a blast playing a silly comp of Arc./Fire Mage/Muti Rogue/Tri-spec Priest in TBC and doing very well with it. All the min/maxing, anxiety, nerd raging and e-peening is a player issue. It has absolutely nothing to do with small scale, organized PvP in general. Furthermore it will always be there. The arena community just had a tendency to gather these people up in easily identifiable groups. Is that a bad thing?

Oh, and for the record all the things you mentioned were a part of WoW before arenas. Ever been a part of a good premade? The amount of trash talking going on our realm forum and in the realm's IRC channel was quite the sight to behold back in the days. Not to mention how much drama and lameness was on most servers on the way to realm first kills in vanilla and TBC.
    G.T.L.

Gaming. Table tennis. Library.

IT'S T-SHIRT TIME!!!

Character:

[GUARDIAN] Level 4X High Elf Rogue

+ Reply to Thread