+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Okay, this is a bit off.

Plane Touched

Default Okay, this is a bit off.

I'm all for multiboxing. That's fine. But, when a person multiboxes 2-5 of the same specced characters, with the same hotbars, and all controlled by the same keyboard, there's something wrong. I've seen it in WoW and now I'm seeing it here.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Trakarg View Post
    I'm all for multiboxing. That's fine. But, when a person multiboxes 2-5 of the same specced characters, with the same hotbars, and all controlled by the same keyboard, there's something wrong. I've seen it in WoW and now I'm seeing it here.

What?! So you're saying that your one character got killed 5 by characters! That's outlandish! Your one character should easily be able to dispatch 5 characters at once! I DEMAND TRION FIXES THIS IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS UNBALANCED! ABSOLUTELY UNBALANCED!

Quote Originally Posted by Linusred View Post
    What?! So you're saying that your one character got killed 5 by characters! That's outlandish! Your one character should easily be able to dispatch 5 characters at once! I DEMAND TRION FIXES THIS IMMEDIATELY. THIS IS UNBALANCED! ABSOLUTELY UNBALANCED!
    LOL you not get point, you brain not full develope.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Linusred View Post
    No, I'm saying one person is using ONE keyboard to control 5 identical characters in perfect synchronization.

As in, they hit ONE button and all 5 characters start using the ability mapped to that button.

In the case I was referring to, it was 5 bards.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Trakarg View Post
    No, I'm saying one person is using ONE keyboard to control 5 identical characters in perfect synchronization.

As in, they hit ONE button and all 5 characters start using the ability mapped to that button.

In the case I was referring to, it was 5 bards.
    Maybe next time you should think to yourself, that this probably will be a rare situation, and that that guy actually pays for 5 accounts and set it up to work like that. I just laugh at people who bother doing that really. If they want to pay that much money each month doing that, leave em at it, it's not impressing anyone.

Don't you feel better already?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Veevi View Post
    Maybe next time you should think to yourself, that this probably will be a rare situation, and that that guy actually pays for 5 accounts and set it up to work like that. I just laugh at people who bother doing that really. If they want to pay that much money each month doing that, leave em at it, it's not impressing anyone.

Don't you feel better already?
    I honestly don't give a damn that they jump through hoops to do something like that. Using one source of input to control 5 different characters should be considered an actionable offense.

yea this is quite literally paying to win.
    they spent more money than you did in the real world, so they win.

sometimes you can target the main guy and if you nuke him, it takes a few seconds
    to load up the other virtual pc box. and you can burn down the others.
    i've seen these in other games and chances are they won't get banned.
    they are paying all that money, so the company will probably keep em around for at least a minute.

with a good group you can actually turn people like this into easy xp.
    either way, it's pretty stupid and defeats a lot of the purpose of playing a game.

Plane Touched

5 Bards circle jerking Cadence and Coda of restoration, with 1 button to each cast a different motif would actually be pretty hard to take down, maybe they should make an Instance boss like that :P

The main problem with this that I see, is that it is very likely that 4 of those accounts will be for sale on the internet as soon as they hit 50, and then the cycle will begin again. That is why Trion should do something about multiboxers, at least take note and flag the accounts to see if they get sold.

Ascendant

I seriously don't care about this kind of players, if they want to pay that much to play like this ( and enjoy this stuff ) well gg them.

There's a huge problem, on the other hand, if a team of 6 identical players actually achieves anything, either in pve or pvp.

6 players, whether they'd be 6 bards, 6 sabs, 6 champions, anything... should not do well in any aspect of the game, a game designed a lot about different classes/souls.

+ Reply to Thread