+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CC Solution

Thumbs up CC Solution

Crowd control is fun but I do not pay $15 a month to not play RIFT which is precisely the problem CC creates. If at any point in time I do not want to play I do not need the game or an enemy player making that decision for me, I'll go AFK on my own. I feel that the current state of CC exists because it is familiar and accepted and not because it is the best course of action.

Look at the way Diablo 3 is handling CC. Every type is CC exists in PVP but the catch is that you have various abilities that individually break different kinds of CC so you still have a reactive chance rather than a guranteed 3-10 seconds between break free cooldowns of literally waiting which is not fun for anyone.

Rather than giving us 1-2 long CD CC breakers such as the 2-5 mintue PVP soul breakers that cover every type of CC, give us several short (<45sec) cooldowns that only affect certain types of CCs. This requires the player to pay more attention to precisely what is affecting him rather than on just the fact that he can't play until he breaks it and creates a more enjoyable PVP experience.

The difference between what I am proposing and what vanilla World of Warcraft did is that I want to be able to break EVERY type of CC utilizing several (say five) different abilities to do so.

Please, at least look into this. I realize it is easier on the class balance and development end to give everyone an i-win long CD universal CC breaking ability but the easy path is rarely the best.
    -Billael, Dwarf Warrior Faemist, PvP Shard

http://naturals.guildlaunch.com/

Plane Touched

I disagree wholeheartedly. I think CC in this game is fine. What bothers me is there is not immunity timer. You think the CC in Rift is bad? Check out daoc then we'll talk. Ever sat through a 1 1/2 minute mezz? This aint nothin. Sure it sucks being CC'd but that's the point. Giving everyone anti CC is just silly. It would totally neutralize all forms of CC. Unless you are okay with bringing all forms off CC CD's in line with the anti CC CD's you propose I say HELL NO!

Bottom line is there needs to be immunity timers.
    Excuses are nails that built the house of FAIL

I personally like how the cc DR is across the board, I do think squirrel lasts for way to long on full duration. Anything longer than 8 seconds is ridiculous imo.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    I personally like how the cc DR is across the board, I do think squirrel lasts for way to long on full duration. Anything longer than 8 seconds is ridiculous imo.
    8 seconds isn't the problem. It's being squirreled, then stunned, then feared, then squirreled, then stunned, then feared....see where I'm going with this?

I spent almost an entire minute under some for of CC in Black Gardens a while back. They're casters had me on lockdown cuz they knew I was a primary healer.

Again....immunity timers solves the problem imo.
    Excuses are nails that built the house of FAIL

To me an immunity timer just creates another waiting environment which is equally not fun. You're either waiting and CCd or you're waiting for your target's timer to run out so that you can CC them. Waiting is not ever my idea of fun, run-run-run go-go-go now-now-now is my thing personally but if you enjoy waiting and watching instead of playing then you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

With my solution no one is ever waiting for anything and it creates a whole new sect of skill for PVP. Learning players will no doubt blow the wrong CC counters and lose precious time causing them to die and top tier players with insane response times will rarely be CCd for more than two global cooldowns. You are always playing.
    Last edited by Billael; 03-09-2011 at 04:08 PM.
    -Billael, Dwarf Warrior Faemist, PvP Shard

http://naturals.guildlaunch.com/

+ Reply to Thread