Closed Thread

Thread: [FAVOR] How do you gain more then others?

Exclamation [FAVOR] How do you gain more then others?

I really don`t know how Favor is gained. I`ve been through literally somewhere over at least 500 warfronts, including BETA, and not once have I recognized what it might be that effects our Favor gain. My best explanation was the level difference, but even that was a false hypothesis.

Here is a few screenshots.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/927...0308034921.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5...0308122525.jpg

Clearly as you can see, I turn out to have the most kills, the most killing blows, the least deaths (2nd screenshot specifically), and the biggest DPS. Might I add, both of the screenshots were Warfronts I`ve joined from the start.

So what is it that makes you gain Favor? Clearly being the best in the statistics pointed out by the board doesn`t give you the maximum Favor gain,... but then what does?

They should remove that column from the statistics. If only to prevent future min/maxing of favor gains instead of proper play.

Assasins get the most favor/xp and here is why. You can perma stelth and run circles in the central area. You collect every kill (with xp/favor), never die, and finish number one in favor (over 100 in losses over 500 in wins) for your side. All the whikle taking and dealing no damage. Thats how its done! Now roll assasin and get easy levels!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    They should remove that column from the statistics. If only to prevent future min/maxing of favor gains instead of proper play.
    It`s not even that. I do agree that the objective should be the primary concern, ... but then again, favor gain should be relative to how well you do your objective. All those stats, such as Kills, Killing Blows, Damage Overall, Healing Overall, Fang Carrys should effect the favor.

I actually don`t loot the dead bodies at all, I`m actually gonna try it one of the warfronts and see if that has any effect on favor gain.

I've heard that holding the fang in Black Garden grants favor, but I'm not sure how it works.
    I've also heard that holding/grabbing/capping the flag in Whitefall does not grant any favor for that specific person.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post

So what is it that makes you gain Favor? Clearly being the best in the statistics pointed out by the board doesn`t give you the maximum Favor gain,... but then what does?
    Level.

You are at the top of the bracket, somebody entering as a level 40 will always receive A LOT more favor for the same amount of work that you do.

I just hit lvl30 and I will be doing only warfronts until I hit lvl 35.
    Last edited by Melkrow; 03-08-2011 at 09:02 PM.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Soulwalker

I imagine the length of the warfront has something to do with it aswell.

General of Telara

WoW had the same problems. I would defend a node in AB for example the gold mine. No one would attack it the entire battle but I wasnt leaving just in case someone came by they would get a free cap. At the end I was very last in Honor gained. Thats one reason the Honor/Favor system is so terrible because it rewards those who mindlessly attack players midfield and on roads not even close to a node/flag/whatever and punishes players who defend.
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 03-08-2011 at 10:03 PM.

I'm all about winning and that's all I care about. Winners don't care about favor.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Champion of Telara

its because you are 48

As I said, I honestly doubt it`s the levels. I have followed the charts at the lower end of the bracket as well, and even having the top scores, I still don`t have the most favor.

Either way, since I`m like 2-3 hours away from 50, I`ll check again if it is, but as I said, I highly doubt it.

Also, the looting the bodies doesn`t seem to do anything.

I have no idea but I find myself often in the top 5 with favor. What I do as a cleric is try to get the most strategic kills, near codex > push enemies back, healing others. Or near shard carriers, pushing the enemy back etc. Just very active fighting. I really dont know, but I seem to get top favor a lot of times.

I would love to see some facts about wat really makes you gain favor.

I suspect its something to do with dps/healing + positioning . But again no clue...

Plane Touched

Level + Position. If you are low level and are constantly in enemy range you gain more favor. I play a melee rogue and I am always near enemies and always lead the favor chart when I am in the bottom levels of a bracket. As I level up my favor goes down then I hit the next bracket and BAM favor spike.
    Last edited by Azure; 03-09-2011 at 08:42 AM.
    I have probably killed you.

Closed Thread