+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RvR - Guild Houses - End Game

Default RvR - Guild Houses - End Game

RVR Area Idea

6 Major Unqiue Locations that have an Ancient Wardstone at their center.

These are each different. They could be castles, they could be floating fortresses,
    One could be in a massive tree, one could be in a mine, or single tall tower, etc.

But its important!! that they are not exactly the same. (for replayability, no one wants to play the same castle again and again, aka DAOC)

Any guild from either faction can defeat these locations and 'claim' the location.
    These locations will then spawn guards/daily quests/vendors/etc.

The Guild (and ally guilds) can spend a type of Currency (Favour/Money/etc) to upgrade their location. More Guards, more fortifications, more vendors, buffs, etc.
    Allow players to customize their defenses of what is now their own unqiue mini-city. This is important as it will feel like theirs, and that they have direct effect on their surroundings.

Opposite Faction can attack these locations at any time, defeat the defenses/players, defeat the wardstone, and lay claim to it if they have the resources to do so.

At any time,
    One faction could have 5 of the 6 locations.
    Perhaps it evens out and its Deviant 3 and Guardians 3.

Perhaps one faction owns them all, and the other faction needs to band together as a giant epic group to gain at least 1 location of the 6, and fight from there on to gather the others.

Throughout this area, could also be a few smaller minor locations that are just 'jump points' to the major location, that may offer closer spawn points to the major locations or other smaller benefits.

Rifts may open up through this RvR Lake as well, also laying NPC Siege upon the major locations.

---------------

Future Guild Housing Addition,

Within each location, The claiming guild and other guilds may place down a 'House' within the walls of the Major Locations. These houses will be places these guilds can have their guild bank, and trophies. (There can be the main house for the claiming guild, and perhaps 4 others per major location)

These houses are for the masses to look at in awe, explore, and help defend.
    The masses may also find vendors of these guilds inside, perhaps an NPC where they can sign up and ask to be part of said guild.

If the Major location gets sacked by the oppostion, nothing is lost, other than the ability to access the house. If your faction can claim another major location, you can for a fee, re-deploy your guild house, and it will have all its furnishings/vendors/etc as was previous at the new location.

----------------

Why?

Because this is what end game PvP needs to be meaningful.
    There are objectives, long term and short term goals.
    An area people can come together and fight.
    An area people can come together and work for a common goal.
    An area where people can showcase their accomplishments, and give others things to strive for.

I want to be able to log in, each night, and ask Guildies or Common chat.
    "So what's happening tonight?"

And get the answer of,
    "We are under massive attack, get out here quick and help defend!"
    or
    "We are all getting ready for a massive assualt, come join us!"
    or
    "We just lost <MajorLocName> and <MajorLocName> last night!, we need to get them back!"

and I can respond,
    "Alright!!!! Lets DO THIS!"
    Last edited by ShadowRam; 03-08-2011 at 12:21 PM.

Sounds cool.

Rift Disciple

Any kind of castle siege would be great in my opinion. You have some solid ideas there and I would love to see some of these getting shape. I loved castle sieges in Lineage 2. Every time we had a siege defend/attack we had lots of fun.

Shadowlander

This is almost verbatim something I posted earlier today.

I'm all for it, in any iteration.

Yes, please.

Shadowlander

Stuff to add:

Each city would have it's own unique "buffer" that would provide a unique buff to a particular stat.
    Each city would have all the usual NPC vendors,trainers, ect that are expected
    Each city would have a Faction to gain rep with, unlocking unique items/patterns/recipes "The Blade of the Planar City of [ ] "
    Each invasion would have similar loot/rewards than the usual invasions, and the reputation rewarded would be similar as well.
    The time in which they would be vulnerable would have to be during peak activity on server times.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarZoid View Post
    im not bad im a ****in hardcore pvper in tons of games
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    Come at me bro. I shakeweight all day errday.

Shadowlander

i was actually gonna post something similar to this, than saw your post.

Guild control locations that were meaningful like this would create in game politics amongst the guilds. Which would lead to smacktalk, alliances, fueds, ect. EXACTLY the kind of stuff that will keep pvpers occupied for years.

+1 to the OP

Thanks for all the great replies guy/gals.

I figured I'm not the only one that has been looking for something similar in an MMO for quite some time.

Hopefully RIFT takes this direction.

Cheers

Oh, btw.

The reason I picked 6 locations, was I figured each Major Location would be tied to the 6 races.

The uniqueness of each location would be tied to the lore of each race.
    Dwarf's Mine, or Elves large Tree, Mathosian Castle, Bahmi Floating City, etc

OP is exactly on target.

The game needs clan objectives not 5 man **** warfronts. The entire system is just borrowed junk from other games. Its not fun in the least.

Please make prestige be able to be gained without going to the horrible instanced pvp of this game.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=443735&dateline=12991  91838

As far as implementation,

This idea is basically another Warfront.

Its simply bigger, and persistent.

Soulwalker

+1 to OP, I think the DAOC type RvR hit the nail on the head and not saying Rift should copy it, but I know myself along with many others had tons of fun feeling as though what they did in PvP made a difference and affected the world and community.

Shadowlander

Bump to the top.

I'd like to also add, another good idea from someone else that could be incorporated into this.

If a faction has 3 or more Major Locations under control, they will have access to a 'PvP Shared Dungeon'

This means at 3v3 the Dungeon is truly shared, and is yet another PvP haven of destruction.

Any faction controlling 4 or more Major Locations will have free run of said Dungeon until the other faction takes back enough Major Locations.

----------------------------------

Also on rare occasions, enough RIFTS will open up in the zone laying siege to all 6 locations at once.

Guardians and Deviants alike will have to work together on these rare occasions or risk losing it all.
    Last edited by ShadowRam; 03-10-2011 at 11:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast