+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you gonna keep playing if there will be no meaningful endgame PvP?

Telaran

Default Are you gonna keep playing if there will be no meaningful endgame PvP?

After watching this video (from minute 15 on), my hopes for a meaningful endgame PvP (like DAoC had) are almost gone, though both guests are no employees of Trion afaik. Now I'm curious if I'm really part of a minority that wants new, wants big stuff for PvP, not only BGs/WFs, something WoW doesn't offer.

I for my part am prolly going to quit if WFs is the only way to PvP, since they are repetetive and meaningless, thus getting boring pretty fast. Right now Rift seems like a cool game, but I'm not sure about the long term game experience, at least for me as someone who isn't all too much into PvE-raiding. What about you guys?

PvP is usually the least of my concerns, so probably yes. I'm just more of a PvE/raid focused player.
    Greybriar - PVE - US

Quote Originally Posted by Koruun2 View Post
    After watching this video (from minute 15 on), my hopes for a meaningful endgame PvP (like DAoC had) are almost gone, though both guests are no employees of Trion afaik. Now I'm curious if I'm really part of a minority that wants new, wants big stuff for PvP, not only BGs/WFs, something WoW doesn't offer.

I for my part am prolly going to quit if WFs is the only way to PvP, since they are repetetive and meaningless, thus getting boring pretty fast. Right now Rift seems like a cool game, but I'm not sure about the long term game experience, at least for me as someone who isn't all too much into PvE-raiding. What about you guys?
    I hope not.. The game will be better off once the pvp fanboi's leave!
    Last edited by Wolfetx; 03-08-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Ascendant

Positively. I generally dislike pvp unless it is meaningful team oriented pvp or good 1v1 evenly balanced pvp. The general random pvp in this game erks me to no end and I don't really care for it either way.

I love interaction between players to work as a group so I love the raiding aspects of the game and will stick to that part for my RIFT enjoyment.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Koruun2 View Post

The game has modelled itself gameplay wise so much after it's predecessors that it will be the same. It will be about grinding instanced PVP for PVP specific gear. Open world PVP will hence die on it's *ss because no one grinds instanced WF to then go open world PVP, if open world PVP does not vice versa provide means of getting the same rewards.

So yes there's is nothing NEW in Rift, after the novelty passes, only time will tell if the game lasts.

In fact I am highly suspicious that Rift is only as popular as it is now because Wowhead advertised it on their site, I know that's how I came to know about this game.
    Last edited by Borzy; 03-08-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Plane Walker

Kind of curious what "endgame" pvp is?

Like warhammer?

If there is no real endgame I will stop playing

Plane Touched

Yes. PVP is at the bottom of my wants, somewhere down there with having a root canal.

As long as there is raiding, yes. I only PvP for the bag I get every day with my daily. I hear it may drop blues.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

I will continue playing, and even would pay double monthly if they got rid of BGs... Open World PvP, that's it. WoW's hayday was Tarren Mill/Southsore mass fights. That was the greatest thing ever, then came BGs... and arenas... *shudders*.
    Aalim "Killer of Infidels" ali Urwatuwusqa - wait wut?

Telaran

Yes, I will. Rift is an MMO with a bit of PvP, PvP is far from the basis of this game.

The age of complete player freedom, realm pride, non-instanced, non-consensual, free-for-all PvP are behind us. Let us return to our "Remember that one time in DaoC/UO/SB/AC" threads and cry on each other's shoulders.

I started playing UO on a PC that had a Cyrix GTX processor with Windows 95 as my OS. Things change, friend.
    Mateo of HC/TSG - Long Live The Syndicate!

The game is still new for christ sake! Give them a chance to create some new content in regards to pve raiding and pvp endgame!

Honestly I want to slap all you people with a brick with "omfg I'm gonna leave if there is no good endgame!" it just makes you all out to be people who have no social life outside of the Interwebs!
    Name: Doowie
    Guild: Praetor Lupus

Yes I could care less about pvp in mmo's. If i feel like matching up against other people i will go play some battlefield or something.
    Hadriker

Quote Originally Posted by Vepo View Post
    The game is still new for christ sake! Give them a chance to create some new content in regards to pve raiding and pvp endgame!

Honestly I want to slap all you people with a brick with "omfg I'm gonna leave if there is no good endgame!" it just makes you all out to be people who have no social life outside of the Interwebs!
    It's BECAUSE we have social lives that we have the option of leaving without a backward glance if a game does not keep our interest.

Ponder that.
    Peppercat: Rift forums are worse than WoW forums because it's essentially WoW forums, except everybody circlejerks about how it isn't WoW.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast