+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60

Thread: Are you gonna keep playing if there will be no meaningful endgame PvP?

General of Telara

I just be happy to find a server where Defiants can win more than 20% of their WFs. Oh wait I meant 0% since I was 0/12 tonight before I gave up.

Rift Disciple

The more I play, the more I notice Trion doesn't care about improving the PvP experience in this game. Much less, creating an Open World PvP.

A shame.. had high hopes for this game.

Telaran

/signed
    If pvp doesent get better soon im gone

Shadowlander

Are you gonna keep playing if there will be no meaningful endgame PvP?

Nope, dont see the point in paying good money to stand around doing nothing..

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Meerletalis View Post
    Yes. PVP is at the bottom of my wants, somewhere down there with having a root canal.
    Yeah, PvP is really painful when you suck....

Gee, I wonder what that empty, unused zone is that sits smack dab in the middle of the map right on the border of both Guardian and Defiant territory? Surely they don't have anything planned for that!
    World of Warcraft is Easy Listening. RIFT is Heavy Metal.

Ascendant

Me and my guild came to this game with no expectations, we really didn't know what kind of game it was. After playing beta, we were hoping it would have good faction based PvP, but if that failed, we thought the rift system was dynamic enough to be interesting and not being a raid guild, we thought this might be a good game to start doing some of that.

However, the PvE in this game is the worst of any I've played, it's mind numbingly boring. And since there are deep design issues with PvP as it stands, and looks like there won't be any significant changes then I will most likely go back to playing LoTRo. Unless my guild can continue to keep me tied here with their tremendous personalities.
    Last edited by Vydor; 04-09-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Telaran

Lots of the rank6 pvpers hardly log in now because of the lack of content. I find myself doing some pve now because theres nothing else to do. Even something simple like adding more ranks after r6 for just the title would feel better cause atm doing WFs seem like a waste of time.
    Kuds - Cleric

Lack of content at 'PVP endgame'?

Have you all tried attacking Sanctum/Meridian yet? There's achievements for it so I'd imagine its possible.

Banned

Despite how much I enjoy the community both on the forums and on my server (deepstrike), I am calling it quits. I can see where people enjoy the game, as for an mmo near launch I'm sure it suits the needs of many. However, it's just not for me anymore. I need either amazing PVE (something like Vanguard) or amazing PVP (I guess gw, or even diablo2, even though that's not really an mmorpg).

For me to keep playing an mmo and investing so much time, I have to sit back and ask myself, "Can I see myself playing this next year, etc", and if I'm even asking myself that question, the answer is no.

PVP is just too much of an empty after-thought, with four eh warfronts thrown in and grinding for hours while PVE items are both easier to obtain and better. I have said this before, but after talking a long look at my options, I'm joining the banwagon of those departing. Hopefully Rift improves for those sticking with it, especially in the PVP community. I'm sure it will.

As for me, there's only a month until the Witcher 2. Woot.

Rift Disciple

game is currently a short term holdover, till something else comes out. Namely some good single player games, or some better pvp games. Currently, i do not even pvp that much ,as OW pvp on my server is all but dead, and warfronts are on 30+ minute ques in most cases. Sometimes i wait 15-20 minutes, but i also have waited upwords of an hour for a warfront.

Given the excessive time spent waiting, i end up doing more dungeons/experts and have started raiding Greenscale. Its not something i love, but its better then waiting around doing nothing for hours on end.

Rift, is just another average themepark MMO, and the only really cool thing was mixing and matching souls. sadly warrior souls are not worth it anymore for the most part. I could roll an alt, but that has never been my style in MMO's. I have never been one with 4-5 alts, or 4 maxxed toons, and so far rift is failing to change that. I have a level 10 rogue, and a level 20 mage, who just sit around with full rested xp, and i just never bother to play them at all.

Telaran

They should release some achievement based items for pvp..
    ie - it would be nice that when you gain the achievements for 10,000 kills you get access to some nice weapons or if you did the achievement for looting corpses you could get to buy a 24 slot bag or something just to make it more interesting.
    Now that i'm rank 6.. i hardly play and its the same with my other rank6 mates , would love it if we could still gain ranks even without rewards at least it won't feel like a waste of time.
    Kuds - Cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60