+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you gonna keep playing if there will be no meaningful endgame PvP?

Iso
    Telaran

Already unsubbed.

Its not about balance, its not about rewards it simply about the fact that playing vs others player is far more engaging than playing against scripted AI.

I want the game to player driven rather than loot driven (WoW) or AI driven (Aion), I want the kind of game where the player dictact the pace and direction of the action (DAoC / UO / Planetside) in an open world environment.

DaoC gave players a big yet simple sandbox (Frontiers), some very loose rules (Relics, Keeps and Darkness Falls) then let the players play. Due to the challenge and engagement from playing against other players I played the same game doing the same thing over and over for almost 7 years.

Thats the meaningful end game I crave

Give it time, the endgame PvP is bound to develop. People are freaking out and the game hasn't even been live for a month.
    Kazekage - Mage - Guardian
    Lucyjuice - Cleric - Guardian
    Blacklisted
    The English language is not a raid boss, it drops no loot when you kill it.

I find it really funny how a lot of players say that they hate PvP in MMO's and that if they wanted to PvP they will go play an online FPS or Fighter, the EXACT same thing can be said for PvE, if i wanted a pure PvE game ill go play Dragon Age or Mass Effect etc...

MMO's today need both to keep thier Subcriptions up, with out them both the game will be dull and a player might as well play a single player RPG or multiplayer Shooter or Fighter.

I hope Rift introduces more endgame PvP content (im sure they will), the game is going very smooth for me right now, i hope part of that new End Game PvP involves World PvP. I can only pray Trion doesnt add flying mounts to Rift because thats what help kill world PvP on WoW.

Make more Warfronts and add more End game World PvP objectives because im one customer that likes them both

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanirenicus View Post
    I find it really funny how a lot of players say that they hate PvP in MMO's and that if they wanted to PvP they will go play an online FPS or Fighter, the EXACT same thing can be said for PvE, if i wanted a pure PvE game ill go play Dragon Age or Mass Effect etc...
    Yeah and at least Dragon Age and Mass Effect are actually RPGs. I hate FPS games so I really hate when people say that if I want PvP I should go play CoD. Don't people realize that FPS games are completely different from RPGs?
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Stop Losing! - a RIFT Warfront strategy blog (Black Garden Basics Posted!)
    @StopLosingRIFT - Official RIFT Twitter for Stop Losing!.

Soulwalker

Default PVP newbie experience

Just started to PVP today ... I enjoyed Age of Conan open world pvp alot (then game died).
    So in my mid lvl 20's I ran into my 1st enemy players... got killed while questing.. Ok thats a pvp server for ya, so I snuk into their area and returned the favor.. Spent about an hour in gloamwoods and killed 13 players got like 300 pvp points.. (favor?) and was like cool... Then I played warfronts.. holy crap kills into the hundreds and deaths too (like 8 or so WF's... )... but got over 2500 favor... But I enjoyed the open world pvp better.... just wished it served a purpose more and gave out higher rewards....Im liken the game and will continue to pay and play... thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokemaker View Post
    Spent about an hour in gloamwoods and killed 13 players got like 300 pvp points.. (favor?) and was like cool... Then I played warfronts.. holy crap kills into the hundreds and deaths too (like 8 or so WF's... )... but got over 2500 favor...
    I really wish it wasn't like this. Instanced PvE and Instanced PvP granting the better reward just promotes reclusive behavior. This is not what MMO's should be about. Rift brought the massive back into MMO with Rifts, but to me it is only scratching the surface of its potential. I want some massive back in my massive multiplayer online role playing game, for PvE and PvP.

Plane Touched

I will be brief...

DAOC was the best pvp mmo. DAOC has been out for 11 years, and they managed to pull off RvR then. There is no reason 11 years later with better technology that Trion can't do it while also doing it better. Warhammer proved with two factions that RvR becomes one sided. I believe this was one of the major reasons people left, because one side would just dominate the rvr lakes with their numbers for maybe a month or two before the opposing side became the dominating one. DAOC had 3 factions and with this the ownership of keeps and towers would always shift. Warhammer did have open RvR. I have participated in battles in praag, dragonwake, and kadrin valley with each side having more then 200 people. In DAOC the numbers were even more mind blowing. Its the players that shape RvR, the only thing Trion needs to do is give us the playground. What warhammer lacked later on was a player base, due to their bugs and horrible launch. Trion launched Rift very smoothly with over 100 servers with medium to full populations. They definitely have the player base. If Trion can create this Open RvR world and do it right I can guarantee it will be the biggest thing in mmo history in terms of pvp. Many people are playing many different games just waiting for a game that can handle massive PvP. It would make this game Revolutionary because it would be something new. But wait, RvR isn't new is it? Well it is to many other people that have never experienced what true RvR is. The community of online gamers 11 years ago was much smaller then the community of online gamers today. If Trion can make this open rvr happen in maybe the next expansion they would need to expand their servers to 1000 instead of 100. They would help create battles we've only dreamed about. If a company can make thousands of people's dreams come true, I'm pretty sure a company that can do that would have unlimited potential.

Plane Touched

Jeez, give them time. Trion is great at listening to the players.

Most people are not even 50 yet.

Also, don't forget, DAoC RvR was implemented wayy after launch.
    I have probably killed you.

Rift Disciple

If they add premades (5 mates aint a premade), rated warfronts and arena's....

Then I'm out.... If you want those play WoW.
    I'd rather have this

Admittedly I was thinking about having an additional faction
    Last edited by Moker; 03-11-2011 at 12:54 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Moker View Post
    If they add premades (5 mates aint a premade), rated warfronts and arena's....

Then I'm out.... If you want those play WoW.
    I'd rather have this
    Agreed.

/10char
    I have probably killed you.

Rift Disciple

Agreed too. I would love to see a frontier style setup, not some Arena rehash.

I am also on the "DAoC did it best" freight train, if Trion can pull off something in that style, they would keep my subscription for a long long time.

Probably, yes. I'm sticking around for a while to see if we'll be getting any meaningful world PvP or class adjustment - but if nothing comes around I'll probably be canceling my subscription.

PvE is boring and repetitive, it's the exact same thing every time and you just have to keep repeating the same dungeon and the same bosses day after day after day, whereas PvP is always different and you never know who will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnifexx View Post
    I will be brief...

DAOC was the best pvp mmo. .
    You're insane. =-p

There are other mmo games that have great pvp
    look at ultima online.

pvp is pvp and 90% of us pvp'er jump from game to game looking for the next score. a good percentage of us are full on pk guilds when allowed and 75% of the rest of whatever game population of what we're playing hate us and state that we are ruining their game.

and in some ways we are.

and a good amount maybe 60% of us pvp'ers it's not about enjoying the game.

it's about dominating everything that is in our space,

so come clean and come honest or don't come at all =-p
    It's not winning that counts.
    It's making sure everyone else loses

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldarian View Post
    pvp is pvp and 90% of us pvp'er jump from game to game looking for the next score. a good percentage of us are full on pk guilds when allowed and 75% of the rest of whatever game population of what we're playing hate us and state that we are ruining their game.

and in some ways we are.

and a good amount maybe 60% of us pvp'ers it's not about enjoying the game.

it's about dominating everything that is in our space,

so come clean and come honest or don't come at all =-p
    That's bullsh*t. You make up numbers out of your *** just from personal estimations. I for my part am not and no one in my guild is seeing in Rift a game to play only a few months, if it gets a good endgame PvP/RvR system. Instead, if it uses it's PvP-potential, we could stay here as long as we stayed in DAoC, which would be 3-4 years.
    "True. The gentleman running the team wouldn't have it any other way. (If you saw last year's E3 videos -- Russ Brown. That's him. He's awesome.) PvP is built in from the ground up, not being added to a PvE game."

- Scott Hartsmann

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    PvP is usually the least of my concerns, so probably yes. I'm just more of a PvE/raid focused player.
    if you are not trolling you are ******ed wtf are u doing in the pvp forum anyway

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast