+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you gonna keep playing if there will be no meaningful endgame PvP?

I've only done one Black Garden thus far between my level 25 rogue and 30 war, but I might do more pvp if they ever get around to allowing some addons for the UI so it's not such a mess for enemy targets.

Overall though, it's not important to me as I'm much more interested in PvE.
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e327/Killzum/aa448923.gif

If you could only do x many warfronts per day, people would have to try and win, develop a decent pre-made team etc ...

Wouldn't that be a very simple and quick way to make some end game pvp meaningful and a challenge ?
    Last edited by Forkwit; 03-08-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Yep, my guild would be gone. But with so many full PvP servers and the promise of RVR-like zones down the road, we're really hoping Trion comes through.

Soulwalker

With onlly 4 WF to choose from at 50, no ranking systems of any kind, and no motivating factor to partake in world pvp I begin to share the same worries. Sadly I really am enjoying the game with the customization and class breakdowns. I even dabble in some of the PVE,which seems to be well constructed, but without exciting end game pvp it may be hard to stay aboard the ship.

Btw you may want to copy paste this under the pvp forums, general forumns seem to swallow threads alot of the time making them invisible from sight.

Plane Touched

Signs are leading to no. I not hearing many positive things about endgame, which is upsettting. I love this engine, so many game mechanics that work for pvp.

I hope they add more pvp content. I can only do so many robotic ai raids.

Right now the PVE isn't challenging at all, I dont feel the rush I did back in vanilla WOW hitting dungeons for the first time or grinding through MC one boss at a time.

Rift Disciple

I find PVP in an MMO to suck, so whether or not I stay in this game will be completely unaffected by anything done to PVP. If they want me to stay there needs to be meaningful PVE content.

If I want PVP I'll go play a Quake or Unreal game.

Soulwalker

From what it seems from this thread http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ll-you-play-on almost 40% of subscribers are here for pvp too, if the game doesn't evolve for open pvp (like daoc) and takes the WoW path I will surely cancel my subscription. There are already a lot of pve good games out there but there isn't at the moment a great pvp game (like daoc was).

my 2 cents

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Barsh View Post
    Kind of curious what "endgame" pvp is?
    Couple of zones that are designed for longterm PvP, to give Lv50s who are more into PvP than PvE something more interesting, consistent and rewarding (not in terms of more favor/prestige, but with bonuses for your faction or guild maybe, something that has an impact and where you can have an influence, like opening a sweet PvE-zone by holding most keeps or flags or something else to capture).
    So nothing like arena or WFs.

Quote Originally Posted by Forkwit View Post
    If you could only do x many warfronts per day, people would have to try and win, develop a decent pre-made team etc ...

Wouldn't that be a very simple and quick way to make some end game pvp meaningful and a challenge ?
    Instanced PvP is not what many of us want end-game. And limiting instanced PvP participation would be bad for those who like warfronts...queues would be horrible as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMcCloud View Post
    The age of complete player freedom, realm pride, non-instanced, non-consensual, free-for-all PvP are behind us. Let us return to our "Remember that one time in DaoC/UO/SB/AC" threads and cry on each other's shoulders.

I started playing UO on a PC that had a Cyrix GTX processor with Windows 95 as my OS. Things change, friend.
    Why do people always says the days of this are behind us? Put it in and it's there.

If you don't want to go there you don't go.

It impacts the PvE players none whatsever.
    Last edited by Mong; 03-08-2011 at 08:31 AM.
    Mong Grel
    Happiness is a Warm AC20
    EQ/DAoC/SWG/WOW/EQ2/EVE/Shadowbane/LOTRO/PotBS/WAR/AION/RIFT
    Vista Ultimate x64 Asus P6T7 I7 D0 920@3.8 TRUE Copper 3x2G Corsair 1600 2x Core216GTX260 3xWD Raptor150 R0 Areca 1210 4x1TB WD RE3's Antec CP-850 PSU Antec 1200 modded

Quote Originally Posted by Forkwit View Post

You know...

That's actually not a bad idea.
    Peppercat: Rift forums are worse than WoW forums because it's essentially WoW forums, except everybody circlejerks about how it isn't WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblingbear View Post
    You know...

That's actually not a bad idea.
    See my post above...

Quote Originally Posted by Koruun2 View Post
    After watching this video (from minute 15 on), my hopes for a meaningful endgame PvP (like DAoC had) are almost gone, though both guests are no employees of Trion afaik. Now I'm curious if I'm really part of a minority that wants new, wants big stuff for PvP, not only BGs/WFs, something WoW doesn't offer.

I for my part am prolly going to quit if WFs is the only way to PvP, since they are repetetive and meaningless, thus getting boring pretty fast. Right now Rift seems like a cool game, but I'm not sure about the long term game experience, at least for me as someone who isn't all too much into PvE-raiding. What about you guys?
    I'm not going anywhere, this game is loads of fun. I founder subbed right after beta 5!

PSO-Hulksmash,EQ1-Graebow Seventh Hammer,WOW-Unsubbed

Rift Disciple

As someone interested in endgame PvP I would be quite happy if it revolved around rated BGs. I would be happy to go into them with my Guild and see how we do against other teams. But it would have to be teams fighting each other. Some sort of system like early WOW where premades just farmed PUGs would be useless.

So for me, rated WFs where premade teams played each other and the most successful received the highest titles would suit me fine and keep me playing.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by stilnox View Post
    From what it seems from this thread http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ll-you-play-on almost 40% of subscribers are here for pvp too, if the game doesn't evolve for open pvp (like daoc) and takes the WoW path I will surely cancel my subscription. There are already a lot of pve good games out there but there isn't at the moment a great pvp game (like daoc was).

my 2 cents
    That's not what it says at all. What it says is that some people that read the forum (a very small group based on any MMO population) that read that thread are interested in PvP. You ever ask yourself why games based on strong PvP don't last? That's also why "the king of MMO's" WoW doesn't care about there PvP. The amount of hardcore PvP players is very small when talking about total subscriptions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast