+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you gonna keep playing if there will be no meaningful endgame PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Telankaa View Post
    Did you ever play Daoc? If you have and actually partaken in the RvR you will see the obvious difference. And please....enough of the name calling. It's all opinions. Everyone has them and to start name calling does nothing for anyone.

The biggest thing I noticed in Warhammer as far as two factions goes is when one side is seriously losing the numbers for the losing side dwindles as everyone wants to be the dominator. Again, this is simply MY opinion and observation.
    yep played DAOC till TOA, 3 sides was a lot of fun but its not NEEDED for meaningful RVR. warhammer worked fine and like i said Aion worked fine yeah people logged if they were losing but they did that in DAOC as well.

so yeah it irks me when people say you can't have meaningful RVR without 3 realms, that stupid and idiotic
    Last edited by Apoth; 03-08-2011 at 10:52 AM.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Quote Originally Posted by KOHD View Post
    But did that really do the trick? I mean an AI faction will never be as unpredictable, smart, or coordinated as humans (no jokes please ) did the AI faction in the Abyss really...do anything other than take over PvE objective points? :/
    this game already has the mechanics built in for an NPC invasion and takeover though. in aion the whole NPC faction was more of an afterthought.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    yep played DAOC till TOA, 3 sides was a lot of fun but its not NEEDED for meaningful RVR. warhammer worked fine and like i said Aion worked fine yeah people logged if they were losing but they did that in warhammer as well.

so yeah it irks me when people say you can't have meaningful RVR without 3 realms, that stupid and idiotic
    That is the truth...3 realms was very good and imo better than 2 (higher numbers are always better except for golf) but it obviously isn't the only way to have good RvR. If that was stated in the video...it was very opinionated and nothing more.

Still...3 sides does create less of a balance problem in my experience.

Also, mobs are much easier to control and ignore. I don't think mobs could ever take the place of a 3rd player group.
    Last edited by KOHD; 03-08-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    yep played DAOC till TOA, 3 sides was a lot of fun but its not NEEDED for meaningful RVR. warhammer worked fine and like i said Aion worked fine yeah people logged if they were losing but they did that in warhammer as well.

What they (GBTV) meant I assume was we can't have RvR with objectives in what is Telara today. It would have to be in another zone/new zone. To implement RvR in the current game they would have to redo and change a lot of the game.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

The foundation is there for meaningful RVR. My guild went nad raided enemy territory last night and we killed NPCs and enemy players and destroyed their stone. Eventually we were overwelmed but the foundation is there for meaningful RVR conflict. Just change some things and add new RVR zones and there will be a wining endgame for pvpers. Its much more fun to do pvp in a team setting than solo I think.

The end game should be Raids for PVE and RVR for pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    What they (GBTV) meant I assume was we can't have RvR with objectives in what is Telara today. It would have to be in another zone/new zone. To implement RvR in the current game they would have to redo and change a lot of the game.
    Which is why they just need to add a large island...doesn't even have to TOUCH the PvEers land >< for us to RvR in. No need to change anything currently in-game. And tbh, at least not anytime soon, we don't need a whole lot out there. Just not having a ton of mobs aggroing all over the place would be wonderful. Not having most fights being one side ganking people trying to harvest or level...we'd all be out there for one thing: PvP.

Telaran

I don't understand. This game was focused and was suppose to be faction vs. faction. The game specifically launched trailers outlining that the game focused on PvP to concur rifts. The game specifically was suppose to have the most innovative PvP upon current games simply because what it was suppose to open up and accomplish within the game.

Is this not right? Yes they launched a trailer showing PvE content also... but was it not their focus to specifically add PvP into PvE?

Jai
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I was pointing out the amazing bias in your analysis.

PvP servers can have a "couple" of the most popular servers and still have a higher population overall.
    And they can have a couple most populated and be drastically lower. Which was why I was asking for numbers, not analyzing anything

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Koruun2 View Post
    After watching this video (from minute 15 on), my hopes for a meaningful endgame PvP (like DAoC had) are almost gone, though both guests are no employees of Trion afaik. Now I'm curious if I'm really part of a minority that wants new, wants big stuff for PvP, not only BGs/WFs, something WoW doesn't offer.

I for my part am prolly going to quit if WFs is the only way to PvP, since they are repetetive and meaningless, thus getting boring pretty fast. Right now Rift seems like a cool game, but I'm not sure about the long term game experience, at least for me as someone who isn't all too much into PvE-raiding. What about you guys?
    Can you give me some examples of what would be fun long term in end game PvP?
    Last edited by AceOfSpades; 03-08-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Which is why they just need to add a large island...doesn't even have to TOUCH the PvEers land >< for us to RvR in. No need to change anything currently in-game. And tbh, at least not anytime soon, we don't need a whole lot out there. Just not having a ton of mobs aggroing all over the place would be wonderful. Not having most fights being one side ganking people trying to harvest or level...we'd all be out there for one thing: PvP.
    It would be nice, but the whole map is a PvP zone and just not for PvEers.

PvE people used to say "There are only 4 PvP souls", but they don't release all the other souls have PvP centric abilities in them.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Ya a large Island would be perfect. Right off the coast and there should be portals which have requirements be it faction, favor, or whatever before you can use it to RVR. Good stuff!

Plane Touched

Yuppers.

*too short

Telaran

Large Island Idea....

to be honest....

it works...

Rift Disciple

Yep, my guild would be gone. But with so many full PvP servers and the promise of RVR-like zones down the road, we're really hoping Trion comes through.
    This, precisely.

Not sure how else to put it, and kinda baffled by what the PvErs are posting in this thread. So much angst, should those of us PvP focused go the same path and vilify you for preferring to fight unchallenging, UI controlled foes instead of adapting, at times challenging human and thinking foes ?

There is far more PvP focused gamers and guilds that are genuinely worried about this than what the PvE population think, thus such remarks I guess. Funny how PvErs react when labeleld as carebears and such while they think they have a free slate to take shots at PvPers all they want. All that was posted is a legitimate worry and yet ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cascadesbiker View Post
    Ya a large Island would be perfect. Right off the coast and there should be portals which have requirements be it faction, favor, or whatever before you can use it to RVR. Good stuff!

It would be awesome I don't see Trion doing something like this. Because it will be highly depended on server faction population balance. They might pull a Wintergrasp and only let 100 people from each faction go into the RvR zone if they ever have it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast