+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you gonna keep playing if there will be no meaningful endgame PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by EIsberg77 View Post
    Notice how that change has zero effect on PvE though? Changes to balance out PvP but have zero effect on PvE is the best way to go. Put diminishing returns on CC during PvP, but no Dimishing Returns on PvE, perhaps even have the CC last shorter for PvP, but keep the same length for PvE. See what I am getting at. They can make changes for PvP where there is zero effect on PvE.
    Of course. And if they manage to do that, wonderful. You cannot make PvE broken for PvP's sake and you cannot make PvP broken for PvE's sake. But the people spouting that Trion simply will not balance PvP are delusional. Also, the zero effect you speak of won't happen all the time, sorry. Both sides will adjust and hopefully get a decently balanced PvEvP MMO.
    Last edited by KOHD; 03-08-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOHD View Post
    "Not going the Blizz route" when talking nerfs =/= not going to balance PvP. And your final statement is not probable. If in a few months when there are a lot of 50s, Sabs and VKs (or any class) is just demolishing all other souls in PvP, it will be addressed. I have no doubt.
    The thing is they aren't. People just don't know how to fight against them so they QQ. If they change these souls like people want they will have to redo the entire soul. Not going to happen.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Stop Losing! - a RIFT Warfront strategy blog (Black Garden Basics Posted!)
    @StopLosingRIFT - Official RIFT Twitter for Stop Losing!.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by pickled_heretic View Post
    pot, kettle, etc.
    Haha I admit, that I, personally, am looking for that new game, but that's between me and SOE. (Give me back SWG damnit.)

I pvp, I like it. I'm just not a pvper and I am just putting up my futile effort to stop the incomming tide of calls for balance, which despite their assertions to the contrary, the devs will heed.

But there is a fundamental difference between the two groups. PvErs scream "Give us more to do!" and PvPers scream "Overpowered!"

It's already happening with the Sabetours.

Quote Originally Posted by Arixtotle View Post
    The thing is they aren't. People just don't know how to fight against them so they QQ. If they change these souls like people want they will have to redo the entire soul. Not going to happen.
    Well then if they aren't, they shouldn't nerf them should they? ;p But for the most part, everyone is still in a learning/leveling phase. We don't know yet either way, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Arixtotle View Post
    That's not griefing. That's called Open World PvP. I know WoW didn't have it but RIFT does.

If you are on a PvP server you are ranked as looking for PvP. If you don't want the interruption of a battle or dying go play on a PvE server.
    thank you

The real world PVP in this game is glorious, I'd like a few more objectives like warhammer had, but to be honest, we are having fun making our own objectives.

We literally got a group together for quest grinding and somehow got sidetracked and "wasted" 5 hours pvping just for fun. We were talking in vent and someone said we just wasted all that time, then after some discussion we realized we didn't waste our time, we spent it having FUN, something I haven't done in a long time in any other MMO in quite a while.

Telaran

If no greater PvP/RvR system is implemented. I will leave the game. As well as my whole guild. Sadly. All former DAoC players.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Huhn View Post
    Yes I could care less about pvp in mmo's. If i feel like matching up against other people i will go play some battlefield or something.
    I feel the same way, I play MMOs to relax, not to keep myself wound up checking radar, watching everywhere anytime I'm outside of town. When I want to jump into adrenaline action I'll pick up MAG or some other game specifically designed for 100% PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by KOHD View Post
    And that is why the most populated Rift servers are PvP servers...and why there are half PvP and half PvE unlike most PvE themepark games that only set up a handful for their players.
    Current list of servers shows 38 PvE and 27 PvP, when I just checked the only ones that were at high capacity were PvE. Granted it could just be the time of day though. Still, with less servers PvP *should* be more populated by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzick View Post
    Can't believe how many people just want to kill some boss as end game. Seems like fighting other people is why you would play an online game. So everyone just wants to play a single player game, in multiplayer mode?

At least RvR has variance, not just figuring out how to kill the big boss in the game then repeat till the next big boss is put in the game....
    The option most PvErs look for is the ability to do things WITH other players, not TO them. That being the major difference in mindsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Then this niche group of people that only want PvE should go to games like FFXIV or Vanguard.
    This argument can be used in reverse too: The PvP nice group should go to games like Age of Conan, Warhammer, or Aion.

My main question, to Trion specifically and to MMOs as a genre, is why not make additional ruleset servers besides *just* the standard PvP OR PvE server? Why not have one where, regardless of storyline or anything, the Defiant and Guardians could even group together? No contested zones at all, etc. And on the other end, have an anywhere at any time no guards allowed free for all with no reprocussions for the PvP enthusiast?

There might be more work involved with balancing classes, but you would seperate what is balanced on the different server types. PvP servers get balanced for PvP, PvE servers get balanced for PvE. If you PvP on a PvE server and get rolled by another "OP" class, too bad. If you can't solo on a PvP server because your class doesn't work well that way, but you can roll other players, also too bad.

In response to the OP, yes, I'll be playing regardless of PvP. Warfronts are more than enough for me and even if all PvP was completely removed from Rift I'd still find it to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    1) they never said this was a pure PVE game, they have always said they built this game from the ground up with PVP in mind.

2) additional features are always added to MMO's post release so its natural for players to play a game with the hope that the developers will add to the game.
    They're not advertising it as a PvP game as most PvP games are. It is a PvE game with some PvP. They may bring in more and as I said, I don't care, as long as it doesn't spoil the PVE side of the games. There are already so many calls for nerfs on certain classes.

The point of this thread, as I recall, was 'will you stay if there is no significant PvP endgame' and - like most people in this thread - I'm saying yes I will, because I didn't come for the PvP. If I wanted a PVP centric game I would go and play one.

And since most of the calls are for this to turn into DAOC 2, then yeah, PvPers are trying to turn this game into something totally different to what it started out as. Which is wrong, IMO.

I'm perfectly happy killing Guardians in open pvp & WFs. I have no problem with favor reward vendors, prestige rank & the pvp soul.

This is only a themepark... What was anyone expecting? I suggest you guys either go play a sandbox or WAR/DAoC if you want a game that focuses on pvp.

so i have to ask whats on that video that suggest there is no meaningful PVP endgame? i can't watch it at work.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Koruun2 View Post
    After watching this video (from minute 15 on), my hopes for a meaningful endgame PvP (like DAoC had) are almost gone, though both guests are no employees of Trion afaik. Now I'm curious if I'm really part of a minority that wants new, wants big stuff for PvP, not only BGs/WFs, something WoW doesn't offer.

I for my part am prolly going to quit if WFs is the only way to PvP, since they are repetetive and meaningless, thus getting boring pretty fast. Right now Rift seems like a cool game, but I'm not sure about the long term game experience, at least for me as someone who isn't all too much into PvE-raiding. What about you guys?

Honestly the vid says it all. Without 3 factions there will be no such thing as meaningful RvR. Not PvP but RvR. Just watch the video and you'll see they are absolutely 100% correct. Rift wasn't built around RvR. It was built around PvE. So unless Trion wants to completely uproot and switch gears I think we are going to be stuck with what we have. I'll continue to play until I've done the PvE endgame. Even if the endgame PvE isn't very good I'm going to do it anyways. Once I've done it all as Rift is now I'm not going to freak out. WF's do suck imo. Premades almost ALWAYS whomp pugs.

So for me, as a diehard RvR player I WILL continue to play....for now. We'll see what Trion does. I'm not about to start crying wolf or threatening to leave if they don't implement RvR. Because honestly....at the end of the day....Trion has WAY more diehard PvE'ers.

Lets wait and see.
    Excuses are nails that built the house of FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Mekroig View Post
    But there is a fundamental difference between the two groups. PvErs scream "Give us more to do!" and PvPers scream "Overpowered!"
    Ironic since the whole point of this thread was from a PvPer asking the devs to give US more to do. Then the PvErs came in and basically said we don't matter...half the population isn't enough to worry about...we should go play an FPS because this is their game and doesn't apparently have PvP.../boggle

Quote Originally Posted by strength View Post
    thank you

The real world PVP in this game is glorious, I'd like a few more objectives like warhammer had, but to be honest, we are having fun making our own objectives.

We literally got a group together for quest grinding and somehow got sidetracked and "wasted" 5 hours pvping just for fun. We were talking in vent and someone said we just wasted all that time, then after some discussion we realized we didn't waste our time, we spent it having FUN, something I haven't done in a long time in any other MMO in quite a while.
    I know. I love it. My guild has already gone on raids into Freemarch and Stonefield and most of us are only in our 30s. I can't wait until we all get to 50.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Kethae View Post
    They're not advertising it as a PvP game as most PvP games are. It is a PvE game with some PvP. They may bring in more and as I said, I don't care, as long as it doesn't spoil the PVE side of the games. There are already so many calls for nerfs on certain classes..
    they are not advertising it as any sort of game PVE or PVP thats because its not a PVE game, nor is it a PVP game. its a game with a combination of both.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    so i have to ask whats on that video that suggest there is no meaningful PVP endgame? i can't watch it at work.
    It's the latest Sanctum video podcast from Gamebreaker.tv. Mostly it says without 3 factions like DAoC you can't have meaningful RvR. They discussed how RvR could be implemented and the only ways are to redo the entire game (Not gonna happen) or create a zone where you can align yourself with one of three factions.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast