+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you gonna keep playing if there will be no meaningful endgame PvP?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Arixtotle View Post

A lot of you seem to think PvPers are the minority. Well we're not. Go check out which servers are the fullest at prime time. They're always PvP servers. This game has more people on PvP server then PvE servers.
    Here's a sad truth:

This happens with every new game. The pvpers are the worst customers. They're the ones that will all flock to the new game thinking it's goign to finally be their salvation. Once there, they find out it's not perfect for them, it's missing something, or maybe some other, older game did it better, so they scatter after a few months only to rejoin again at the next MMO release. Or WoW's next arena season.
    Last edited by Mekroig; 03-08-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Strange View Post
    You left out devs being part of guilds they'd given longtime beta access to dominating certain servers.
    That didn't happen.
    Punisher
    [The Cabal]

It might seem that I'm anti-PvP and I'm not. I enjoy it when it's the reason I play a game. I went to Warhammer because of the RvR and the whole idea of being able to take keeps etc. I left when the end game turned out to be swapping keeps and avoiding PvP.

However, I came to Rift because I liked the sound of the game as it is. The game itself is what attracted me, with the idea of dynamic content and Rifts. And I don't understand people who come to a game, knowing what it is and what it is about, and then want to change it into something else. It bugs the hell out of me. Why play, if it's not what you're looking for? Why try to make a game that is already fun for a lot of people, into something just for you?

I don't understand that mentality. If a game is not to my liking I don't play. Simple.

Edit: There is enough PvP in this game for me if and when I want to play it. If I wanted to PvP all the time I'd roll on an open PvP server. If they add more PvP fine, but it really doesn't seem to be the main focus of this game so I really won't care if they don't.
    Last edited by Kethae; 03-08-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by KOHD View Post
    It seems changes have already been made due to PvP imbalances. I mean...why would anyone need to cleanse a Sab's charges in a PvE setting?
    Notice how that change has zero effect on PvE though? Changes to balance out PvP but have zero effect on PvE is the best way to go. Put diminishing returns on CC during PvP, but no Dimishing Returns on PvE, perhaps even have the CC last shorter for PvP, but keep the same length for PvE. See what I am getting at. They can make changes for PvP where there is zero effect on PvE.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mekroig View Post
    Here's a sad truth:

This happens with every new game. The pvpers are the worst customers. They're the ones that will all flock to the new game thinking it's goign to finally be their salvation. Once there they find out it's not perfect for them, it's missing something, or maybe some other, older game did it better. So the scatter after a few months only to rejoin again at the next MMO release. Or WoW's next arena season.
    pot, kettle, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Koruun2 View Post
    That's not the style I enjoy PvP. I like to fight against people who also are looking for PvP fights, not griefing players who want to level up.
    That's not griefing. That's called Open World PvP. I know WoW didn't have it but RIFT does.

If you are on a PvP server you are ranked as looking for PvP. If you don't want the interruption of a battle or dying go play on a PvE server.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Stop Losing! - a RIFT Warfront strategy blog (Black Garden Basics Posted!)
    @StopLosingRIFT - Official RIFT Twitter for Stop Losing!.

Quote Originally Posted by pickled_heretic View Post
    pot, kettle, etc.
    Exactly. Hypocrites.
    Punisher
    [The Cabal]

Well they mean they will make sure any changes don't negitively effect PvE and they won't nerf, nerf, nerf due to whining. Plus that was in Beta where they were still changing things around. They also seem to want to make sure that all Tanks, all Healers and all DPS are on somewhat the same level for PvE. If anything they'll "balance" for PvE before PvP. The main point is that they're not going to even try to level the playing field because it screws up PvE and it just doesn't work. They will make small changes if they see something doesn't work but they said they won't go the Blizz route of nerfing everything continuously. Meaning they won't nerf Sabs or VKs so people need to **** about them.
    "Not going the Blizz route" when talking nerfs =/= not going to balance PvP. And your final statement is not probable. If in a few months when there are a lot of 50s, Sabs and VKs (or any class) is just demolishing all other souls in PvP, it will be addressed. I have no doubt.

What is this 'pvp' you speak of, stranger?
    Unfortunately, knowing someone's name does not make it easier to set them on fire with your mind.

Nozrioh - 41 - Defiant Cleric - Galena
    Twowolves - 11 - Defiant Rogue - Galena

Telaran

WoW also added PvP in later so most of the older crowd are PvEers. WoW is also differnt from RIFT. RIFT allows for a great deal more Open World PvP then WoW. You can defeat wardstones and send an invasion to take over the site. There are objectives in Scarlet Gorge and Scarwood Reach where you have to battle the opposite faction to gain Wardstones. Raid Rifts allow interference from the opposite faction.

The bad PvPers will leave without "balance" but the ones who actually want a challenge won't. It's the same with PvE. As of something like a week and a half ago no one on the Alpha servers had defeated Greenscale. Without being able to steamroll through content the bad PvEers will leave as well. We'll, hopefully, be left with the Not as Bad to good players.

But yes, we'll see.
    If they hold true and don't screw up the classes as they stand now just for PvP I will be happy and support the PvP community completely. No game has done this and had it work though so it will be interesting to see how they make it work. The vast possibilities with the class builds you can do give this game such a good chance to do well if they don't tame things down to the kiddie pool level.

Here's a sad truth:

This happens with every new game. The pvpers are the worst customers. They're the ones that will all flock to the new game thinking it's goign to finally be their salvation. Once there they find out it's not perfect for them, it's missing something, or maybe some other, older game did it better. So the scatter after a few months only to rejoin again at the next MMO release. Or WoW's next arena season.
    The reason for this is because pvpers are treated like a minority. Players don't mind a game evolving but pvpers tend to be people who hate having things simplified to the point that its no different from pve. Meanwhile games that DO cater to the pvp crowd are rewarded with a solid and loyal following (look at eve and daoc).

If Rift does not provide a solid pvp endgame I will leave, and I expect I wont be the only one. That is by no means a threat or an ultimatum, its simply the way I feel.
    TACT stole my sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Kethae View Post
    And I don't understand people who come to a game, knowing what it is and what it is about, and then want to change it into something else. It bugs the hell out of me. Why play, if it's not what you're looking for? Why try to make a game that is already fun for a lot of people, into something just for you?
    1) they never said this was a pure PVE game, they have always said they built this game from the ground up with PVP in mind.

2) additional features are always added to MMO's post release so its natural for players to play a game with the hope that the developers will add to the game.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

End game PVP is 90%-95% of what determines how long I stay.
    Wherever You Went - Here You Are

Goest on Sunrest

I kill red people.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by strength View Post
    then play on a carebear server.

this is real world pvp, level 30s killing level 30s at a quest hub is far from griefing, if we were 50 . .. . maybe
    I already do play on a carebear server for that reason. And when I'm done carebearing (when I'm 50), I'd like to switch into PvP/RvR mode. And if there will be nothing more than WFs to do for PvP in the next couple months, it'd just lead to zero fun after the WFs have become old, which usually takes only a few weeks. And new WFs won't make it really more interesting, would be just like WoWs new BGs, the same stuff in different colors. Just want some World PvP with goals and rewards for L50s (rewards not in terms of favor, gold or temporary stat bonuses).
    Last edited by Koruun2; 03-08-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Here's a sad truth:

This happens with every new game. The pvpers are the worst customers. They're the ones that will all flock to the new game thinking it's goign to finally be their salvation. Once there, they find out it's not perfect for them, it's missing something, or maybe some other, older game did it better, so they scatter after a few months only to rejoin again at the next MMO release. Or WoW's next arena season.
    That's with all different types of players not just PvPers. It is true that Trion didn't expect the influx of PvPers that they received but they are planning on adding more PvP content. They have already made the PvPers happy with different rulesets on PvP servers. PvPers are also looking forward to Raid Rifts and other Open World PvP. Trion seems to have made a game that encourages OW PvP without even trying. Once they actually try for it I can't wait to see what they'll do.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Stop Losing! - a RIFT Warfront strategy blog (Black Garden Basics Posted!)
    @StopLosingRIFT - Official RIFT Twitter for Stop Losing!.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast