+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you gonna keep playing if there will be no meaningful endgame PvP?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland View Post
    Maybe this is why companies don't cater more to the PvP crowd.

PvPer..."We want more content!"
    Company "you have entire servers for your enjoyment"
    PvPer.. "I don't want that, just ruin the game for the PvE crowd by making every class balanced and cookie cutter so PvP works better"

sorry, just messing with you.
    the distinction is not so clear in most cases, myself included. many people enjoy progressing in both the dungeons and in pvp encounters, in fact i would say this is the majority of players rather than an exception.

as far as your comment about pvp players playing on and "ruining" pve servers, well speaking for myself i will always play on a pvp server if it's available, no matter how stringent the pvp rules are. but i don't want to make that choice for other players. if you want to engage only in consensual pvp then go for it.

Plane Touched

Please god, No "meaningful" pvp. If you want to play other players so bad in a meaningful way move to Korea and start playing Starcraft 2.

It's a mmorpg... circle strafing a caster is not "skill." Neither is whining about balance and screwing up the rest of the game because you died and threw a hissy fit.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mekroig View Post
    Please god, No "meaningful" pvp. If you want to play other players so bad in a meaningful way move to Korea and start playing Starcraft 2.

It's a mmorpg... circle strafing a caster is not "skill." Neither is whining about balance and screwing up the rest of the game because you died and threw a hissy fit.
    there's already meaningful pvp in the sense that some progression is based on it. there's a lvl 50 favor mount on sale for ~46k favor. you can't buy it any other way.

i am seriously considering grinding for it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by pickled_heretic View Post
    the distinction is not so clear in most cases, myself included. many people enjoy progressing in both the dungeons and in pvp encounters, in fact i would say this is the majority of players rather than an exception.

as far as your comment about pvp players playing on and "ruining" pve servers, well speaking for myself i will always play on a pvp server if it's available, no matter how stringent the pvp rules are. but i don't want to make that choice for other players. if you want to engage only in consensual pvp then go for it.
    It's not that they ruin the pvp servers, it's that pvper whine sooooo much that they get everything nerfed to oblivion because they died. That ruins pve in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland View Post
    See my thread above this one as to why PvP creates a problem. People that support PvP have even said in this thread "every majior change in WoW is because of PvP". PvP spills over to PvE, if it didn't I wouldn't care and would be right behind you supporting it.
    Trion has already specifically said they would not "balance" PvP to the detriment of PvE. In fact, they're not going to "balance" at all.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Stop Losing! - a RIFT Warfront strategy blog (Black Garden Basics Posted!)
    @StopLosingRIFT - Official RIFT Twitter for Stop Losing!.

Champion of Telara

It's not that they ruin the pvp servers, it's that pvper whine sooooo much that they get everything nerfed to oblivion because they died. That ruins pve in general.
    i'd say that the problem is whining in general, not about pvpers whining. here in this thread we have pvers whining about the pvpers whining, go figure.

Wont know till I get there.

In WoW, the end game PvP was pretty bad compared to DAoC etc, but I played it for like 6 years anyway. I was on a PVP-RP server and we had a lot of RP based PVP. We would search for people from specific guilds, or attack stormwind for hours. It was fun that we created, not Blizzard.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by pickled_heretic View Post
    there's already meaningful pvp in the sense that some progression is based on it. there's a lvl 50 favor mount on sale for ~46k favor. you can't buy it any other way.

i am seriously considering grinding for it.
    Which is fine, just don't start having arena seasons and server rankings nor anything to give the pvp whiners a legitimate claim that the game should be balanced around pvp thus ruining pve.

Telaran

Why should I play Starcraft 2 when I have more fun playing in a MMO environment with my friends and like MMO PvP, or should I call it RvR, more? I'm not the guy who enjoys ganking you while you kill mobs, I'm all for gank-free questing-/leveling-/raiding-zones for you PvE guys and hate ganking, that's why I even rolled on a PvE server. All I'm asking for is for something better than WFs for PvP/RvR, in extra zones that are designed only for that.

if no other PVP comes to this game besides warfronts then no I will be quitting as soon as something better comes along.

sorry but unlike most of the ******s on this posts i think a balance of PVE and PVP endgame is needed for any game.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Quote Originally Posted by Notnice View Post
    There aren't any real pvp'rs in this game.....thats a fact.

Just wannabes who cant survive in a real pvp game.
    Such a fact!

Let me tell you a story about "meaningful" pvp. . .

On the Harrow server, my guild is out questing in the early to mid 30s heading to Kings Breach and we come across a Defiant control point. We see a couple of Defiant hanging out so we hop in and kill them and burst down their control point. About a minute later we notice a large invasion coming down the road, so we kill everything in the town really quick and low and behold, the invasion comes in and takes over their control point.

So now they have to wait for the immunity timer and have no quest hub because they couldn't stop 5 guys from wiping their little base.

The game already has meaningful pvp, you just have to do it.

and it was hella fun

Which is fine, just don't start having arena seasons and server rankings nor anything to give the pvp whiners a legitimate claim that the game should be balanced around pvp thus ruining pve.
    Trion already said they'll probably be implementing a ranking system. They have also said they won't "balance" to the detriment of PvE or even try and "balance" at all.

A lot of you seem to think PvPers are the minority. Well we're not. Go check out which servers are the fullest at prime time. They're always PvP servers. This game has more people on PvP server then PvE servers.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Stop Losing! - a RIFT Warfront strategy blog (Black Garden Basics Posted!)
    @StopLosingRIFT - Official RIFT Twitter for Stop Losing!.

Telaran

This is the one reason most PvE players who have been around any length of time playing MMO's despises PvP. It's not the players, or the concept, it's the fact that PvP screws up PvE to "balance" PvP. It happens to every game I have ever joined that had PvP. Heck SWG eliminated classes people were happy with just to make the PvP crowd happy. They removed and completely changed classes to make PvP happy. That killed the game and they eventually tried to go back to what they had, it was to late though they had killed the game (that might of been dying anyway).

If PvP didn't affect me as a PvE player I'm game for whatever, that never happens though.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by KOHD View Post
    Such a fact!
    what is our "real pvp game?"

darkfall? please. dont make me laugh. does the term "blood wall" mean anything to you?

eve? rofl. my progression is based on how long i pay for my account. no thanks. it's a really pretty screensaver though. and don't get me started on the spreadsheets...

warhammer? daoc? guild wars? all things considered, these were all pretty casual pvp games. in pretty much 90% of the cases you could choose when to engage in pvp. definitely themepark mmos. not that i'm talking **** about them, daoc was fun but that ship has sailed.
    Last edited by pickled_heretic; 03-08-2011 at 10:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast