+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I had high hopes for this game

Shadowlander

Default I had high hopes for this game

Obviously i play a rogue, marksman currently. Everyone that tried to pvp in this game noticed that warriors currently are the gods unstoppable machines killing everything. At first i didnt care a lot about this because we were actually winning some wfs. But it gets old quickly being unable to do ****. Not talking about crowd control in this game...

I know this game never be perfectly balanced. But such imbalances in my opinion should have never gone past beta. I also believe many people after the 30 day period will quit becuase of this and this game may eventually end up the same as warhammer/aoc.

Also id like to point out i like other parts of this game, but my intent was to pvp and im not going to resubscribe if they dont fix this before the 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Obviously i play a rogue, marksman currently. Everyone that tried to pvp in this game noticed that warriors currently are the gods unstoppable machines killing everything. At first i didnt care a lot about this because we were actually winning some wfs. But it gets old quickly being unable to do ****. Not talking about crowd control in this game...

I know this game never be perfectly balanced. But such imbalances in my opinion should have never gone past beta. I also believe many people after the 30 day period will quit becuase of this and this game may eventually end up the same as warhammer/aoc.

Also id like to point out i like other parts of this game, but my intent was to pvp and im not going to resubscribe if they dont fix this before the 30 days.
    Are you mentally ******ed? Have you ever played an mmo launch and seen this close to a balanced game at launch?

Im pretty sure the intent of them putting up a PTR right now would mean that want to work out the imbalances. For a game that is barely 2 weeks old, that is pretty amazing.
    Last edited by Braves; 03-08-2011 at 06:59 AM.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

The PVP is actually pretty good. Only the stacking of CC has been the only negative that I have experienced.

I encourage you to try and join some pre-mades. If you don't have that luxury I recommend joining a guild that promotes queuing for WF's as a pre-made. It makes a world of a difference
    hi, i'm back to playing

I've found things to be pretty balanced overall. Depending on which role I'm running I can do well against some classes, but then not so well against others. I've found that as I gain levels I've been able to tweak my builds to improve my chances and still stay within my playstyle.

That's really what I dig the most. I can tweak things to fit the way I want to PvP instead of me having to adapt to the game.

Is everything perfect? Absolutely not, but I'm having a blast and really that's all that's important to me.

Soulwalker

From what I noticed that 1v1 really doesn't work and it's all about focus fire. As a healing spec'ed bard I can sit with a even level/gear warrior beating on me all day.

Rift devs. need to look into Voidknights mana drain abilities and I've noticed
    warriors dps recently too.
    1. The warrior main class need to be nerfed down a bit.
    2. Remove their (stun) abilities.

I'll explain some warrior subclasses got access to root, range, stun, disarm, slow, mana drain. besides, they got the ability to break stuns/snare/root effects as well.
    And some warrior templates got the highest dps in-game at the moment without any doubts with most
    health & highest armor value.
    Well, something to look into in the next patches about the balance issue in PvP.
    Rogues & Mages need some love here.
    -M
    Last edited by Melubb; 03-08-2011 at 07:38 AM.
    'Hey dude, lets go out farming?!!*...#%'
    R.I.P.
    A remote place near you.

http://shadows.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=179731

+ Reply to Thread