+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to not get kicked while AFK in a Warfront

Default How to not get kicked while AFK in a Warfront

Took this video last night. They were basically macroing some abilities every few seconds. I am assuming the seconds they aren't using an ability they are clicking the warfront to attempt to requeue and click where the Join Battle button would pop up when they are ready to enter. This is ******** BTW, it was bad enough that we were already down a man, but down 3 is devastating. Stylekrong and Urfired.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RNQIEPU6jo
    Proud member of OMG I'm Drunk since January 30th 2007

I agree they need to figure out a solution for this. More and more bad customs from WoW players are seen every day, and I really don't want pricks like that ruining this game...

They need to dedicate time and money to the small details, the ones that really tick people off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Now back at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by WookieWalker View Post
    I agree they need to figure out a solution for this. More and more bad customs from WoW players are seen every day, and I really don't want pricks like that ruining this game...

They need to dedicate time and money to the small details, the ones that really tick people off.
    Yea b/c only WoW players cheat... lol
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

forget all the QQ threads about nerf this buff that. This is an actual problem that needs sorting asap.

Meat is murder, tasty, tasty murder.

AFKers are leeching all wrong. The way to do it is to stealth up, run around the center of BG and collect every kill. You finish number 1 in favor gained every match, and for doing nothing.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    AFKers are leeching all wrong. The way to do it is to stealth up, run around the center of BG and collect every kill. You finish number 1 in favor gained every match, and for doing nothing.
    i do this, no sense playing when u lose every wfs cuz of no healers/premades/warriors

Rift Master

There is an easy fix for this, it's already in game. Just use the same system that rifts use, participation meter.

Fix: Create an RvR zone and make it just as good as warfronts at getting PvP gear. Let them mass afk in warfronts by themselves.
    Nici - Defiant Rogue - Queen - Sunrest
    Darque - Defiant Mage - Baroness - Sunrest

http://www.mercgames.com/serenity/home.html

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
    There is an easy fix for this, it's already in game. Just use the same system that rifts use, participation meter.
    /Signed.

That was easy.

Quote Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Everson View Post
    /Signed.

That was easy.
    It would also fail miserably. The rift contribution system simply takes into account how many times you use an ability during a rift. That's it. AFKers would just spam abilities.

Any contribution system would need to take into account damage done, healing done, damage received, kills, objectives, etc etc. And even that would be exploitable. If anything, throwing some bans out (and announcing that you're perma-banning people) would be more effective.
    Last edited by -Swag-; 03-08-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    It would also fail miserably. The rift contribution system simply takes into account how many times you use an ability during a rift. That's it. AFKers would just spam abilities.

Any contribution system would need to take into account damage done, healing done, damage received, kills, objectives, etc etc. And even that would be exploitable. If anything, throwing some bans out (and announcing that you're perma-banning people) would be more effective.
    And people would be punished for defending rather than just running around and doing as much damage and healing as possible.

I really don't understand people who AFK. First, you get much more Favor if you win the match than if you lose. And 2nd, isn't the point of playing a game...to actually play the game? So these people are going to AFK their way to PVP rewards, then have no idea how to actually win at PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Absalon View Post
    And people would be punished for defending rather than just running around and doing as much damage and healing as possible.

I really don't understand people who AFK. First, you get much more Favor if you win the match than if you lose. And 2nd, isn't the point of playing a game...to actually play the game? So these people are going to AFK their way to PVP rewards, then have no idea how to actually win at PVP.
    Defiants lose every match anyways why try? So i just leech the max xp/favor I can

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    Defiants lose every match anyways why try? So i just leech the max xp/favor I can
    Sucks for you, I'm defiant and went 12-1 last night and racked up a ton of achievements. Just gotta find other pvp minded people like you and group up and go in and wreck some guardian kiester!!!!

Just need a voting system to kick AFK players. Getting kicked twice should force the player to log-off so they can't repeatedly log into warfronts. I'd also be in favor of their accounts getting locked for a period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna Flint View Post
    Just need a voting system to kick AFK players. Getting kicked twice should force the player to log-off so they can't repeatedly log into warfronts. I'd also be in favor of their accounts getting locked for a period of time.
    It would be abused. "Uh that stupid noob isn't doing enough, let's flag him as AFK."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast