+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Open PvP] Resp camping and Resurrect at this location

Default [Open PvP] Resp camping and Resurrect at this location

On PvP server I was questing at peripheral hub where not many people could gather to defend.
    Several high-level players of opposite faction started camping the resp point.
    In this case I could do nothing at all to avoid being camped.
    What I did was obvious to me. While in soul walk mode I walked to another resp point and asked messenger of the Vigil to resurrect at this location. Surprise was that I respawned back at the camped hub...

I think messenger of the Vigil should really respawn player near him to be able to avoid being camped. Sometimes resp point is picked very far away from the place you thought it would be. It would be a great idea to have a possibility to walk to another one.

I understand that this could be utilized to travel safely through the world. Maybe there should be some limitations to this. But I think the game would only benefit from this feature.

But remember that Resurrect at this location really eats your soul vitality so the penalty for this type of traveling is there. By the fact you pay for soul mending even more then for porticulum.
    Last edited by Pacifyer; 03-08-2011 at 03:54 AM.
    You should give the power to one who doesn't want to use it
    Arm Dearg (Zaviel) Mage class leader
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 11/11 RotP 4/4 ID 8/8 PF 4/4
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 4/5
    Wizards till we die!

You could have kept corpse ressing until you got far enough away for them to not see you.

also
    if i could res somewhere else
    i'd walk everywhere while dead
    so i could avoid mobs and whatever else
    it'd be too easy to exploit. i think this worked at one point in time but was removed.
    Last edited by Ixath; 03-08-2011 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifyer View Post
    On PvP server I was questing at peripheral hub where not many people could gather to defend.
    Several high-level players of opposite faction started camping the resp point.
    In this case I could do nothing at all to avoid being camped.
    What I did was obvious to me. While in soul walk mode I walked to another resp point and asked messenger of the Vigil to resurrect at this location. Surprise was that I respawned back at the camped hub...

I think messenger of the Vigil should really respawn player near him to be able to avoid being camped. Sometimes resp point is picked very far away from the place you thought it would be. It would be a great idea to have a possibility to walk to another one.

I understand that this could be utilized to travel safely through the world. Maybe there should be some limitations to this. But I think the game would only benefit from this feature.

But remember that Resurrect at this location really eats your soul vitality so the penalty for this type of traveling is there. By the fact you pay for soul mending even more then for porticulum.
    So why did you chose to play on a PvP server? Did you not know things like this happen?
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Ofcourse I knew this is a PvP server and I am ready for this. But I don't think this is a good situation.

And regarding exploiting safe travel
    Most resp points are in safe places and you can actually get safely to them without any mob contact. This is my personal experience till 35 lvl.

There are ways to prevent too much exploiting of this feature. For example do not allow cross-zone travel in soul walk mode. Or limit the distance from the initial resp point to be able to travel only to adjacent one. Or prevent traveling to unexplored areas etc. The last is the best IMO.

Moving your corpse step by step away from resp is something not very fun-looking.
    Last edited by Pacifyer; 03-08-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Wizards till we die!

As a live example in EQ2 you can even pick a resp point within the same zone when you die. And believe me nobody complained. Even though it is sometimes used for fast travel within the zone.

Regarding PvP aspect - it is even more fun if your enemy has a chance to gather forces again in full strength to comfront you. Resp camping does not give you any respect or fame.
    Wizards till we die!

Soulwalker

I ran into this same issue tonight. Some group of losers decided that they wanted to get their kicks camping a spawn point for people 20 levels below them. There's very little that you can do when eight level 50's are camping a spawn.

I don't understand why the NPC at another resurrection shrine asks you if you want to res there yet it ports you back to where it wants you to go. If those people had been so inclined they could have camped me all night and there's nothing I could have done about it given that my tombstone was 2 ft from the shrine.

I think you should have the ability, like it implies, to run to another resurrection shrine (maybe only ones that you have already discovered) and res there. Maybe at an elevated cost or something? I don't know what the solution is but I don't feel that the current system does enough to prevent people from spawn camping/griefing.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nexinumbra View Post
    I ran into this same issue tonight. Some group of losers decided that they wanted to get their kicks camping a spawn point for people 20 levels below them. There's very little that you can do when eight level 50's are camping a spawn.

I don't understand why the NPC at another resurrection shrine asks you if you want to res there yet it ports you back to where it wants you to go. If those people had been so inclined they could have camped me all night and there's nothing I could have done about it given that my tombstone was 2 ft from the shrine.

I think you should have the ability, like it implies, to run to another resurrection shrine (maybe only ones that you have already discovered) and res there. Maybe at an elevated cost or something? I don't know what the solution is but I don't feel that the current system does enough to prevent people from spawn camping/griefing.

Don't worry, those are the same guys that never win a warfront, so they need some kind of huge advantage to get the fix for being a complete and total failure.

When you see them, you just gotta kinda feel bad for them, even though you know they are being dbags, you also know they can't win anywhere else and have to take what they can.
    Last edited by Dominmatric; 03-18-2011 at 10:14 PM.
    TL;DR
    Switching to a different profession is no different than starting a new role at 50, Easily learned. Might as well start at Rank 1 PvP on PvP servers.

Also, the tab targeting needs to be fixed with two things.
    1.) It has no real selected cycle through the enemies in los, it goes randomly through them, it also prioritizes pets.
    2.)It will sometimes tab through, say, 2 pets 6 times (meaning three rotations for two pets) while enemies that are players are in los, it will do this for player targets too (targeting is random with no kind of tab rythm/cycle/order to go through almost full teams of enemies in los). Give players numbers before their names depending on where they are located at in their raid, and let all people know and see these numbers, and tab cycles through those numbers in order to all enemies in range. Then pets if no players are in range.
    3.)I also think minor obstructions that shouldn't, do play a role in who you can tab target, which adds up with the previous problems making it become complicated to target at times.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ght=imageshack

Thank you for pretty much fixing the nearest target button, it's noticeable.

+ Reply to Thread