+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Take a look at my Cleric PVP Build (Inq/Ward/Sent)-Lvl 38

Soulwalker

Default Take a look at my Cleric PVP Build (Inq/Ward/Sent)-Lvl 38

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10edj.Vc.Vx0ixtkqz.t

I'm not claiming this is great, but its my first draft. Would love to hear any changes you guys/gals would make.

Spent about 2 hours researching today, trying to figure out how I wanted to spread my points for pvp.

2x knockbacks (15sec , 30 sec cooldown)
    AOE fear , 8 seconds ( 1 min cooldown)
    8s mesmerize (No cooldown, limit 1 target)
    8s snare (Instant cast, no cooldown)
    HP Drain that snares

Love the knockbacks, lots of opportunity in open world pvp (knock into monsters, or off cliffs). Could even keep one mesmerized as a mob is coming up on it, or an elite invasion

Soulwalker

Default This

Inq/Ward/Sent is basically the same build I run. You have a solid chance of fighting everything with it...but you have to get to the AoE fear in Inq.

With the aoe fear, you can avoid becoming be stunning melee food. It's also good at disrupting caps, or breaking up a healer nest long enough to get a couple dps down (but pug teams are idiots for being on the dps in the first place).

But dots and hots on the run are good. Only thing I wish this build was able to do better, is if it had a stun...but as it is, it's very good 1v1. Good Peels, good heals, and the ability to stick and move...or lay into people.

Practice Jump Turning, and you will kite with the best. I prefer Codex so far...as you can be very good at ninja'ing flags with only 1 person, as well as knocking people off the cliff and putting them out of the fight completely (codex, vault bridge).
    Last edited by Shadowpriest; 03-08-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Bump..........

Rift Master

The hots can't be the best part of this build right? You only have two hots and only one on the move. You don't have the stacking hot or the cleanse.

Not that this is bad at all.

I was expecting to see more robust warden.

Soulwalker

When I need to heal, I use the confusion and heal up, hot up, continue fight

Rift Master

Psylar ---> doesn't your confusion break on damage? i ask cause as i understand it some of the inquisitors best abilities are dots. after you dot someone up how do you use confusion to heal up?

i am NOT saying you are wrong here. i am not trying to criticize. i am trying to learn about playstyles.

i am not sure i get it.

if you can confuse and heal then HELLS YES this is an awesome build.

i have been wanting to try a version of this but much heavier on warden. as far as i have seen pure warden builds are already really strong and adding in some damage ability from inquisitor would be sweet.

i guess it does depend on what role you are building for.

how do you manage to get your bewilder to stick while using dots? if you don't use dots how do you get enough pressure?

Soulwalker

I use bolt of deprav/and sanction heretic all the time to try to get an insta cast "bolt of depravity". When that icon pops up , letting me know I can instantly cast it, I use fanaticism (next spell crit), cast the bolt and go from there.

As for the dots breaking mez. Its a good point, but if you healing with the surge, and healing grace, and cast a hot, then your dots will be gone, which gives you more time to continue healing if you got slammed, or sit back and cast your bolt of deprav again. Its far from perfect, and I'm still figuring it out. But thats how it plays out sometimes.

I run a similar build. In fact, I have a video showcasing it uploading right now. I'll post the link when it's done. My only question with your build is what you do for mana without Aggressive Renewal? I rely on it heavily since I really like to spread Vex around in large team fights to get the healing rolling in and put pressure on the other team.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gr1fter View Post
    I run a similar build. In fact, I have a video showcasing it uploading right now. I'll post the link when it's done. My only question with your build is what you do for mana without Aggressive Renewal? I rely on it heavily since I really like to spread Vex around in large team fights to get the healing rolling in and put pressure on the other team.
    Just got it, and i'll definetely be keeping it lol. a few mana pots never hurts, I rely on drinks heavily. rarely have to use pots

+ Reply to Thread