+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats your server/faction and how do you fair in WFs?

General of Telara

Default Whats your server/faction and how do you fair in WFs?

All I see are QQ posts saying guardians suck and then others saying Defiants suck. Obviously they cant both suck so just wondering how everyone is doing. Also list other servers in your grouping if you know any. Just wondering what groups mostly have guardian winners and which have mostly defiant.

Server: Greybriar ( also grouped with reclaimer, and cant remember the other one right now)
    Faction: Guardian
    WF Experiences: For the first 2-3 days we were winning almost everything. I remember getting the server first for completing the weapon from black garden. Even when we lost it was close in both TBG and Codex. Then once I started getting higher things changed. Even though I tried to carry the team as heals the stuns were on me all the time. I tried not looking like a free kill by not using a staff but still the eventually found out I was the healer. Wins started decreasing and we hardly ever have any other healers. When I hit 50 it was just horrible. I was winning maybe 3/10 no matter what time of day it was. Also began leveling alts and noticed we were even losing them. My level 18 mage has done 20 warfronts and still hasnt finished the weapon yet. Dont really mind the losing and I dont rage in chat but I will take the near instant queues just to get the chance to kill more Defiants.
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 03-07-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Guardian, Byriel.

16 W and 5 L

Lost 4 in a row at the end of the night, not many people on so eh.

First 15 we won was almost a complete blow out each time except once where they had a lead on us at one point.
    Very first match of the day, noticed that the defiants had half their team AFKing, bummer.
    Do I look like a troll?

Server: Bloodiron, grouped up with Whitefail and Fire****
    Faction: Defiant

Early 10 - 29 brackets: 50/50 because all of the players are like headless chickens so I'm free to simply walk behind the guardians, pick up the fang, and walk back to my base.

30 - 39 bracket: Players started being more skilled, nearly always won in this bracket - until I got to around level 38, then I started losing more often again since everybody else was already in the 40+ bracket.

Early 40 - 49 bracket: Only wins, grinded about 30k favor before I hit level 45 alone.

Late 40 - 49 bracket: Only losses, maybe 99/100 games are losses and the others ties or very close.

Level 50: Port Scion is about 25% win chance, Codex is 0% win chance, Black Garden is 10% win chance, Whitefall is 50% win chance.

We always lose port scion when they group up and steamroll all the way to our main NPC then kill it while we can do nothing but watch, but we win it when we can collect tons of shards. I don't think we've ever won a port scion by actually killing the enemy's NPC.

The reason for this is partly because all of the guardians are already geared up in full epics, prestige rank 3 or 4 due to getting so many free wins - so it's completely impossible for us to catch up.

At the moment, the best plan of action seems to be waiting until they all hit prestige rank 5 or whatever the cap is, then grinding prestige and favor by losing over and over until we're in the same bracket, and hoping we get there before the next pvp set is released.

Interesting observation: All guardian whitefall players are good, and all defiant whitefall players are awful - if both teams are full of whitefall players it's a good indication you'll lose, but when it's full of bloodiron players it's a good indication you'll win.

Whitefall, Guardian, 110k favor mostly from wfs

I dont find wfs that much unbalanced faction-wise, i won like 75% of them tho, but lot of those victories were very close one
    L2- Nya/Nyae - Hierophant 85 (Hindemith/Teon)
    GW - Nya Neko - Monk
    Aion - Nya/Niya - Chanter 55 (Telemachus/Perento)
    RIft - Niya - Nightblade 50 (Whitefall - VoTF)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    Server: Bloodiron, grouped up with Whitefail and Fire****

Interesting observation: All guardian whitefall players are good, and all defiant whitefall players are awful - if both teams are full of whitefall players it's a good indication you'll lose, but when it's full of bloodiron players it's a good indication you'll win.
    I was going to add: if full of bloodiron defiant players all you get in the ./war chat is screams, QQs and CAPS about how each other person suxs and how this individual player is a god (its hilarious)

Only winning streak of WFs on Whitefall is from 1am GMt+ where its mostly our server regular players joining and we win for a nice few straight hours. Rest of the day is just a lol to watch everyone scream at each other instead of actually trying to play.

PD: Lack of DPS warriors on defiant side seems a handycap as everyone seems to be a rogue DPS. (I have to include myself in this list).

I play on Deepstrike and Im a Guardian. What Im seeing in Warfronts is a large percentage of the players only care about the damage they deal not playing their class correctly to actully win the warfront. Its not just about damage and kills.

As a mage obviously I have to keep my distance or die everytime to Warriors or Rogues and just about everyone so I try to annoy Clerics as much as possible, CC when possible not to kill but to take players out of the game for 30 seconds, and AE whatever the opposing faction needs to pick up weather it be a flag, shard, or tooth. Since mages do garbage damage compared to other classes.

What really burns me is if I CC a cleric and they cant break it another player from the same side starts attacking bringing the Cleric back into the game to heal his/her side while its much better to see the Cleric Flounder for 30 seconds as a squrrel. Some players just have to do their damage and they break the CC. Stupid play makes me not want to do warfronts solo at all anymore and just wait for guild groups to form and be much more effective with focus fire and smart play.
    http://www.prophecyguild.net/

Soulwalker

Shard: Lotham(matched with Sunset and Faeblight)
    Side: Guardian
    Experience: Ive leveled from 15 to 24 so far just on WF's so have lost track but i would say that ive been winning 60-70% of them. Now i have had bad runs where have lost 7-9 in a row but have also had runs of winning 7-9 in a row. It really all depends on how your teammates are. My strategy for say BG is to go for fang if other team has. If i have fang i stay behind pillar in center or run for tree and hide behind. If a teammate has flag i assist in killing anything that charges them. I have seen tons of people just pvping random people who dont have fangs which usually will = a loss. I have seen 2-4 afkers in matches which usually = a loss. But when you get a group with solid healing and people who know to go after fang even a PUG will tear a new one. Ive won BG WF's 500-8, 500-12 and 500-14 multiple times with all PUG players. This is due to getting lucky with 2-3 good healers and people who know what to do.
    Last edited by Asmirr; 03-08-2011 at 09:20 AM.

SHARD: Molinar
    FACTION: Defiant
    WF LEVELS: 10-19
    PLAYTIME: Evenings & Weekends
    WIN/LOSE RATIO: About 50/50
    NOTES: Most of the time it seems as though I'm in a pug fighting a premade, and we still win about 50/50. Does not seem to bode well for the Guardians, but it's still low levels.
    Last edited by Ainotna; 03-08-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: additional information
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJeffe View Post
    "All right fellas...it's Saturday night...time to go cruisin for some organic sentient beings."
    http://www.venTREEloquism.net

Shard: Seastone
    10-19: 90% win rate
    20-29: 95%
    30-39: 85%
    40-49: 98%
    50: Around 70%
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Rift Disciple

Shard: Regulos
    10-19: 30/70
    20-29: 40/60
    30-39: 60/40
    40-49: 80/20
    50: Didn't get there yet.

I'm not even joking either. Somehow in the low tiers we were just getting steamrolled all the time. Now in the 40-49 bracket I win 8 out of every 10 matches. I can't count the number of times I've sat in Codex or BG at the opponents jump-down point and just farmed them. Guess people figured things out later on? ;)

Rocklift PvE Guardian
    10-19 bracket seemed about 70/30 for Guardians. Then i leveled to 20 and was out of town for 5 days. Came back and...
    20-29 bracket has been 5/95 Defiant stomping us, no...trouncing us...it seems Guardians have all gone Rogue/ Mage ranged with no melee or healers while i was away.
    <The League of Monster Slayers>

Shadowlander

Estrael
    10-19 won 5 out of around 20
    20-29 haven't even won one yet of around 10 or 15

This battlegroup is absolutly pathetic for Defiant. It is making me sick. I dont even want to que up anymore. Losing every single dam WF is just...... pathetic and I cannot for the life of me figure out wtf is going on.

Ascendant

Emberlord (paired with Freeholme and i can't remember the other one)
    Defiant
    During primetime (about six hours) we lose about 80-90% of warfronts. Before and after primetime, we generally win most of them.
    Last edited by Vember; 03-08-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ainotna View Post
    SHARD: Molinar
    FACTION: Defiant
    WF LEVELS: 10-19
    PLAYTIME: Evenings & Weekends
    WIN/LOSE RATIO: About 50/50
    NOTES: Most of the time it seems as though I'm in a pug fighting a premade, and we still win about 50/50. Does not seem to bode well for the Guardians, but it's still low levels.
    Server: Keenblade
    Current WF Level 20-29
    Playtime: 8pm-1am CST
    Win/loss ratio: Depends on my group. Mostly 50/50

When I Q up solo it tends to be a tossup. I'm a cleric with most my points into Warden. I'm a healer at heart. I've noticed more often than not that when the groups have a decent strategy we win more often than not. It's always difficult though. I can tell when we play premade guild groups. I can also tell who has a lot of PvP experience.

Now when I play with my guild(who have extensive PvP experience as do I) we win 8/10 times. It's really all about strategy. Staying out of LoS, don't overextend, work as a group, make sure your DPS is assisting and picking targets well and so on.

Sometimes it is a joke. Other times it's VERY enjoyable and it gets to be who has the best strategy. That's what I love most about PvP.....thinking rather than just spamming 2-3 buttons to win.
    Excuses are nails that built the house of FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    Shard: Seastone
    10-19: 90% win rate
    20-29: 95%
    30-39: 85%
    40-49: 98%
    50: Around 70%
    Ill confirm this from the defiant side of things...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast