Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PvP AFKers

Shadowlander

Default PvP AFKers

One thing I've noticed constantly, is that there are AFKers everygame that NEVER get kicked. I played with Masery of Keenblade 9 times last night, each time he went AFK. This morning I get on to PvP and he's still AFKing warfronts. Doesn't get booted, doesn't get banned, just sits there, wasting a slot. There should be some sort of system where AFKers get booted after a couple minutes at max and then are unable to queue for 15 minutes or so. Or at least do something to mitigate it! I'm sick of having 3-5 AFKers everygame. It ruins the warfront and makes them unplayable from the side with less players.

Soulwalker

I'm in the same group. The same 2-3 players, Masery included, are afk in every 40-49 BG for several days now. I have had a petition open about this with no response. Essentially, Guardians are farming free favor/xp while I can go 15 warfronts without even finishing my daily due to AFKers.

I blame the Briarwow folks, theyve polluted our shard cluster

There IS a system where you get kicked for being AFK. Not sure how recently they added it, but I went to go to the bathroom during a WF where we were mopping the floor with Guardian faces and came back to be booted for being AFK. However, if someone is at their computer and able to keep the AFK message from appearing by doing something every so often, there is little that can be done about it.
    *~'~* MEATS *~'~* { Briarcliff }
    The Best There Ever Was...

Shadowlander

I'm hoping the GMs ban them soon because I'm tired of seeing the same people from Tearfall running a macro to work around the afk timer.

agreed, afk'ers and fairweather players are a pain, plz kick em out of the Wf, i wouldnt even mind a temp ban/perma ban after a certain number of warnings

Plane Touched

I found that chinese botting guild ("Avalanche" or smth like that) from Lineage2/Aion just started to bot WFs on my server, theres one/two guys minimum everytime during the peak hours. The problem is that their botting soft is set to rebuff every minute or so, so afk detecting system doesnt really work.

WE NEED /VOTE KICK seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by futile View Post
    I'm in the same group. The same 2-3 players, Masery included, are afk in every 40-49 BG for several days now. I have had a petition open about this with no response. Essentially, Guardians are farming free favor/xp while I can go 15 warfronts without even finishing my daily due to AFKers.
    Ahh I see its just the guardians . Its everyone on both sides doing the same crap. In warfronts the action is heated and fast, no reason why a player should not be active for more than 15 seconds after they respawn OR at anytime during a warfront. If people are afk leeching exp and favor they should be booted from the warfront and banned for 3 days. Will see how many afk players we see then. Amazing how cheap people can be playing a video game. healsonwheels is someone I saw doing this over and over.
    http://www.prophecyguild.net/

Plane Walker

many threads about this, and ive responded to most of them.
    The easy solution would be no contribution, no exp or favor.
    Can I have your mana?

Quote Originally Posted by Crypton View Post
    Ahh I see its just the guardians . Its everyone on both sides doing the same crap. In warfronts the action is heated and fast, no reason why a player should not be active for more than 15 seconds after they respawn OR at anytime during a warfront. If people are afk leeching exp and favor they should be booted from the warfront and banned for 3 days. Will see how many afk players we see then. Amazing how cheap people can be playing a video game. healsonwheels is someone I saw doing this over and over.
    Problem is, am I supposed to get banned for going to the bathroom during a warfront? a bit harsh?

I do agree about the 3day ban tho, not this "you cant queue for 15 mins crap" Thats not really a consequence.

This is easily resolved in promoting world pvp > WFs
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexus369 View Post
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Now back at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

A vote kick with a debuff for leaving a WF would deter any foul play. As for bans, all the people, a lot of which are gold sellers anyways, that have been afking for days now and completely screwing up the system should all be banned...I am sure Trion has had a million complaints about specific people, so that should be taken care of asap.

And a lot are def gold spammers whether they look it or not, I had one the other day with a macro that kept saying, "Sorry friend, I am having lag problems and will brb," in completely broken English.
    Last edited by wraith228; 03-08-2011 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WookieWalker View Post
    Problem is, am I supposed to get banned for going to the bathroom during a warfront? a bit harsh?

I do agree about the 3day ban tho, not this "you cant queue for 15 mins crap" Thats not really a consequence.

This is easily resolved in promoting world pvp > WFs
    Wookie you make a good point....No you should not be banned for going to the bathroom but if you have to go to the bathroom should'nt you know that before you go into the warfront ? If I join a Warfront I dont get this instant terrible urge to visit the bathroom and I can usually hold it for a few minutes if I do.
    http://www.prophecyguild.net/

Soulwalker

Default dumb

how do you expect them to fix it? theres nothing you can do that cant be macroed around with an automated system like that, no contribution no xp/favor wont work because some people guard flags and what not

Telaran

I put a couple afkers on you tube and posted the link in these forums , my post was deleted .
    If you video capture afkers at a warfront link the video here ---> community@riftgame.com

Cool simple and effective

here is what u do for morons gaining free exp and favor via afk in warfronts; one if the said player is an obvious afk'ing bafoon we oughta be able to vote them out plain and simple.
    but in no way will i support the "not pulling you own weight" ; i learned the warfronts in betas i like them all, i can go in black gardens at lvl 10 and still grab the relic and kill a carrier , at lvl 20 i can go in to codex and assult a base and def one. i love controlled pvp i hate that to be ruined by a bunch of bafoons i say vote kick anyone that remains in gy for 30 secs: this is a warfront u asked to be palced in queue for it so if u are up for the wait make sure u are ready. i take my battle grounds to the limit, i knwo some who just run in to kill with out purpose, i hope we are able to get rated warfronts in the next year or so.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast