+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused - How does one go about getting 73 kills in a WF but only do 149dmg total

Telaran

Default Confused - How does one go about getting 73 kills in a WF but only do 149dmg total

Just got out of a WF battle as was looking at the results when I noticed this huge annomaly. The top person on the boards had a whooping 79 kills but their total damage done was only 149 damage.

I mean I know that WF award kills for contribution but what is this person doing, 1-2 points of damage to everyone on the enemy team? Frankly I just dont understand how this works.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Midnitewolf View Post
    Just got out of a WF battle as was looking at the results when I noticed this huge annomaly. The top person on the boards had a whooping 79 kills but their total damage done was only 149 damage.

I mean I know that WF award kills for contribution but what is this person doing, 1-2 points of damage to everyone on the enemy team? Frankly I just dont understand how this works.
    He was in the group that got the majority of the kills, kills are shared for those that are around and in group. That could have been a healer just getting credit for others kills.

im gonna go with healer here..

if hes healing the person that kills the opposing player, he gets the kill too

so...

1 roll a cleric
    2 take the warden soul
    3 spam hots on everyone near you
    4?????????
    5 profit

P.S.
    killl scores are a poor measure of a persons contribution to the battleground seeing as none of them have player kills as an objective , so he could have 1000 kills and theoreticaly , still lose if his team is just farming kills

wanna know if somone is actualy contributing?

look at fang holder/flag holder kills and his caps on bases , thats a person actually contributing to the warfront objectives
    Last edited by lcl22; 03-07-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Yup, those are the people doing something and winning matches, but they get poopy for favor. I'm a healing cleric with a full-souled bard. We don't kill the folks but we cap, hold the fang, run the flag, etc. Favor isn't really rewarded for such things, but kills... it's like a favor explosion/kill.

Was he assasin? Because we can sit in stealth and soak up all kills lil damage no deaths and number 1

Quote Originally Posted by Midnitewolf View Post

I haven't read any of the responses yet, but I can give you an example of the other day...

I was leading WFs with KBs, Damage, and Kills on my Rogue but we kept losing because we had zero healing. I switched to Bard and I lead with Healing done and Kills... but I barely did ANY damage, unless someone was directly attacking me. I casted heals non stop, and finishers that help with damage reduction or heals... so I could easily have had my "hands on" a hundred kills without doing any damage.

Those people most likely deserve a medal for being a giant team player!

If you stick to groups you get credit for other ppl do. You can just do /follow on some guy and still get honor.

Kills and Killing blows are 2 diffrent things. Killing Blows means you were actually the one to kill the person. Kills means you were just around to help out killing in some way or another.
    http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb271/Emnity33/222222.jpg

Funny was how i managed to get highest Damage done in Black garden as Marksman yesterday. We all know marksmans is crap now and dies in seconds. But Yesterday guardians got a tons of healers. all runned in mid and did nothing just healing. I spammed everything for like 3 minutes, 4meters away from them. I scratched, scratched and scratched some more. Till I got more than 100k dmg done in 3 minutes xD But got only 7 kills in a whole match! Clerics FTW. We lost. Looks like in our server guardians roll only warriors and clerics.. what a surprise xD

btw so that means If I get more killing blows I will get more favor? Dang usually I just help everyone and lock next target to kill them faster not to final hit them ..
    Last edited by Ichijs; 03-08-2011 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijs View Post
    Funny was how i managed to get highest Damage done in Black garden as Marksman yesterday. We all know marksmans is crap now and dies in seconds.
    LOL? Re-read what you said?

+ Reply to Thread