Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Levels mean nothing in PvP

Plane Walker

Default Levels mean nothing in PvP

(Please note, this issue went down quite a bit when I went dominator/archmage pvp spec, but of course, if things got to me and i couldn't do anything (stunlocked) it was still over. And don't worry, I have killed plenty of lowbies, don't take this post in that direction, pay attention to the point, please.)

Maybe it's just the fact that I play a squishy mage, but it seems like levels just don't matter unless you are 20+ levels above someone and they didn't get the jump on you. Damage does not seem to scale down, nor miss chance go up, nothing. People hit you just has hard as they would if you were the same level. This seems like bad design imo. I'm not saying I die all the time either, but it's amazing it's possible at all.

Case in point, a sab 8 levels below me blows me up due to chain stuns and charges detonating. Warrior 9 levels below charges in and takes me down to 15% before the stun is up. Now, this is just not me being a noob, I've seen it happen to plenty of others around me. Self healing can maybe save you from 1 person if this person isn't part of the OPSPEC of the month club, but definitely not 2 or more. Which if I'm 10 levels above the 2, why wouldn't I be able to survive that? Seems silly.

Hell even PvE mobs do the same, lvl 20s knocking level 40s off of their mounts, chain snaring/stunning you and CAN kill you if you get a few of them on you.

Then again, maybe it's the whole mage thing again. Dominator seems to be my ownly saving grace on my PvP server because it offers the most protection from both mobs and would be gankers. I've found the healing from Chloromancer and somewhat save you from mobs, but not players.

My whole point is, a lot of it is gear based yes, but, usually levels matter.. I'd say in most, if not all games, it does, especially in level proper gear. Not only is it silly, but it is beyond embarrassing to get gibbed by people due to bad mechanics. I can't hit a mob 8-9 levels higher than me enough to kill it before it kills me, why should players be able to hit players? Even IF they got the jump on me, why are they not missing? Not even once? Miss DOES exist, I have seen it lol.

I'm not the best at PvP in this game yet, BUT, I am good enough to know when things are just messed up. We already know there are overpowered specs out there and skills and perhaps this is also part of the problem, but I for one, think levels should mitigate a lot of that garbage.

What is everyone else's experiences with level differences? Let's get Trion's attention if this is an issue and if it isn't an issue, I'm sure there will be a lot of L2P comments in my future, but hey, that goes hand in hand with a complaint doesn't it?

- Embarrased Mage

1. Saboteurs don't need gear, skill or levels to kill somebody since their abilities have no miss chance whatsoever

2. Champions only taking you to 15% of your health is a sign that it's working as intended, they should be killing you with the first hit when equal level. That's the way the class is designed.

3. Is this world pvp or warfronts? In warfronts everybody is the same level.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    1. Saboteurs don't need gear, skill or levels to kill somebody since their abilities have no miss chance whatsoever

2. Champions only taking you to 15% of your health is a sign that it's working as intended, they should be killing you with the first hit when equal level. That's the way the class is designed.

3. Is this world pvp or warfronts? In warfronts everybody is the same level.
    1. Agree I guess..

2. These are lower level champions and I agree about the equal level thing

3. This is world pvp, I know about warfronts. *shudder*

Champions, Riftblades, Necromancers, Sabos, Ranger/Marksman actually seem to be the bigger culprits here but there are some bad *** melee cleric builds too apparently.
    Last edited by DJBro; 03-07-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Just a couple of random thoughts -

Charges can and do miss.

Get revenge, chain squirrel them, or better yet: Squirrel > dps > squirrel > dps > squirrel > dps > /dance.
    If it's a mana class, squirrel > suck mana > squirrel > /dance.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by BlackUdder View Post
    Just a couple of random thoughts -

Charges can and do miss.

Get revenge, chain squirrel them, or better yet: Squirrel > dps > squirrel > dps > squirrel > dps > /dance.
    If it's a mana class, squirrel > suck mana > squirrel > /dance.
    Never seen a charge miss

And yea, I know how to dominator It's part of my post. The point here is that levels don't seem to mean a damn thing when it comes to damage mitigation, misses, etc.

I actually did the dominator chain on a lower warrior that damn near killed me within the stun, several times, to the point he started cussing me out. Should have never been able to put out that damage to me in the first place though.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DJBro View Post
    Never seen a charge miss

And yea, I know how to dominator It's part of my post. The point here is that levels don't seem to mean a damn thing when it comes to damage mitigation, misses, etc.

I actually did the dominator chain on a lower warrior that damn near killed me within the stun, several times, to the point he started cussing me out. Should have never been able to put out that damage to me in the first place though.

I play a Sab spec from time to time and charges can miss. In fact they do quite often in Warfronts <.<

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Fireraven View Post
    I play a Sab spec from time to time and charges can miss. In fact they do quite often in Warfronts <.<
    Well why don't they ever miss me damnit, especially when I'm higher level

What is your experience in World PvP? I don't Warfront anymore since my server grouping (Defiant) can't buy a win so World is all I have.

Were did you get your info anyway? I'm pretty sure you just pulled it out of your ***. You mean thats why the class is broke, right? Since when are tanks burst dps in any game? Thats just moronic.
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 03-07-2011 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    Were did you get your info anyway? I'm pretty sure you just pulled it out of your ***. You mean thats why the class is broke, right? Since when are tanks burst dps in any game? Thats just moronic.
    >Champions
    >Tanks

How long have you been playing this game exactly? Champion is a melee DPS soul.

Rift Disciple

well as someone that is not at the level cap, i'm glad it doesn't mean a level 50 will automatically wipe the floor with me.

No, whats moronic is not knowing that Champions are not tanks.

>Champions
    >Tanks

How long have you been playing this game exactly? Champion is a melee DPS soul.
    In plate with more HP than the other archetypes, and with access to all the "tank" souls? Get real, you guys are just being morons now. Have your month of being in God mode, or if they dont make logical balances then have your game of all warriors, or nobody to play with. It doesnt matter anymore to me, I'm only playing a Champ/RB/Reaver for the rest of the month, and I'll wait and see how they handle this. I've been loving it the last few days, but I know it's gonna be the end of a very short lived PvP game. Have fun playing all the great launch endgame content with no PvP (sarcasm)
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 03-08-2011 at 02:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

In plate with more HP than the other archetypes, and with access to all the "tank" souls? Get real, you guys are just being morons now. Have your month of being in God mode, or if they dont make logical balances then have your game of all warriors, or nobody to play with. It doesnt matter anymore to me, I'm only playing a Champ/RB/Reaver for the rest of the month, and I'll wait and see how they handle this. I've been loving it the last few days, but I know it's gonna be the end of a very short lived PvP game. Have fun playing all the great launch endgame content with no PvP (sarcasm)
    I don't even know what you're trying to say since your post is aimed at no-one and makes no logical sense.

Take a chill pill and come back here, mmkay?

In plate with more HP than the other archetypes, and with access to all the "tank" souls? .
    Have you even tried the actual tanking souls in pvp apart from VK?

Get real, you guys are just being morons now.
    Pot, meet Kettle.

Champion of Telara

this is you being a noob. I literally have 2000 more hp than I did 8 levels ago.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast